Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 01:24 PM

94 posts, read 169,660 times

Advertisements

So we're going on to 7 months together, and I told her this Friday I had my palm read after dinner with a few friends. She said, you didn't tell me this before. I said, I didn't think it was a big deal. I only told you now cause it came into my head and since it was a positive read, I thought you would be happy with me sharing it with you. She got all disgusted and did a 180. Right before, she was very happy and smiling. After I said that, she left the room and was upset. Said I am very private and evasive. She said, well, if you are not going to tell me everything, then I do not think I need to tell you everything. We can see how you like it. Said this has happened before where I do not tell her everything. Or when I do, it is after the fact or she has to pull it out of me. I said, I did not think it was a big deal, and it is not done on purpose, this is just how I am. This was how I was raised. I keep things to myself and very private. She, is the opposite. I said, I am working on opening up more, and I do not try to be evasive on purpose. However, I will be more assertive on my actions and not try to be as you say I act. She said, it is what it is. I asked, are you not happy with us? She said, she's very happy with the relationship. I said I will working on this, as I do not even know I am coming off as being evasive. Then she said, if you are not happy with us, let me know. I said, I am very happy with our relationship. And I tell you everything before I tell others. So I do not know where this is coming from.

I do not know how this argument or disagreement started. All I said was that I had my palm read and she, apparently, was not happy that I told her a couple days after the fact. She said, when I was sick, it took me a month to tell her. While it did, I did not want to lean on her with my issues, and that was why. However, since I had to see numerous doctors and do numerous tests, I did share that. I also started to share other private things with her.

But again, I do not know how or what to do now. Her body language when I left her place was very upset even thought we hugged and kissed before we parted ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 01:31 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
How old are both of you? You can't tell someone EVERYTHING. That is impossible and not healthy for a relationship. She sounds like she needs to grow up and stop the nonsense.

It's good that you're opening up more to her but for her to think you need to tell her everything about what you do is not appropriate.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:35 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
She sounds like a Drama Queen..making a mountain out of a freakin` molehill. Give her a few days and see what she does!

Old 06-12-2011, 01:35 PM

83 posts, read 280,934 times
I agree with Donie. You need to put her in her place. You tell her that it's not necessary to share every little bit of info and imply that you're walking if it continues. Girls like your GF tend to be the very controlling ones.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:38 PM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
The only thing you can do is have a cameraman follow you around during waking hours so she can review at her leisure. You will have to be resposible for reporting any dreams, bodily functions, etc. during the designated sleep hours.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:44 PM

We are in our mid 30's. She's NEVER acted like this before. I said I am sorry you feel this way, and I will work on it, but this was a positive thing I shared with you and you are turning it negative. I know I am a private person, and I am trying to open up more, however, I believe I share as much as I can. This is all cause I did not say I went to get something to eat with a few friends and my palm read? I thought sharing the palm reading would strengthen our relationship and put a smile on her face and a warmth in her heart. I NEVER expected it to be turned back to me and said that I never told her this. She said that she asked me yesterday what I did Friday, and I said, no, you did not. You asked what I did Saturday, and I told you. She then said, what if I did the same to you? I said, I did not ask what you did on Friday. I assumed you were with your friends. She gave me a look and walked into the next room. I was about to jet, cause I thought this was getting out of control over nothing. So I tried to talk about it with her. Then she brought up that I did not share my medical problem with her until later. I did not share my work issues until later. And so on and so on. So, like I thought it was the right thing to do, I said, which is the truth, I do not see myself as evasive in anyway, but I will work on being more open. You know, trying to calm everything down.. However, when we drove away, she went to her friends, and I was going home, at the light, I waved by, and she did not even look.. So, for some reason, she's upset, and I cannot see or understand why...

Old 06-12-2011, 01:44 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
The only thing wrong with you is that you appear to believe in palm reading which is totally ridiculous but then your girlfriend outdid you by acting so childish over such a trivial thing. After reading your post I'm also curious about how old you are. I'm thinking you're both very young.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
The only thing wrong with you is that you appear to believe in palm reading which is totally ridiculous but then your girlfriend outdid you by acting so childish over such a trivial thing. After reading your post I'm also curious about how old you are. I'm thinking you're both very young.
It was just for fun... That is all...

Old 06-12-2011, 01:49 PM

83 posts, read 280,934 times
Mid 30s?!?! I can see if she was late teens-early 20s, but this is unacceptable at 35(?). Get rid of her. It won't get any better.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:52 PM

Nah, love the girl...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships