Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 04:37 PM

48,702 posts, read 35,171,465 times

Advertisements

No one knows but her. She could be picking fights because she wants to break up, feel insecure in what you are doing when your away, hormone spike, stressed from other things so more argumentative, nuts....

You two need to talk. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 06:14 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,423,648 times
In my opinion, her blow-up is a build-up from all the past months. I'm not sure what the issue is but I cannot imagine it would be just for the palm reading. To think of it, you DID tell her about it, you didn't hide it for months and months, so to me this sounds like an excuse to have a full blown argument. Quite frankly, sounds like she is either guilty of something herself or she is suspecting something about you but cannot quite express it.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:39 PM

228 posts, read 501,383 times
Is this completely out of character for her? Maybe it's just her time of the month. Or she may be feeling like the relationship isn't moving forward unless there is 100% disclosure.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:43 PM

7,965 posts, read 11,757,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siteuser View Post
We are in our mid 30's. She's NEVER acted like this before. I said I am sorry you feel this way, and I will work on it, but this was a positive thing I shared with you and you are turning it negative. I know I am a private person, and I am trying to open up more, however, I believe I share as much as I can. This is all cause I did not say I went to get something to eat with a few friends and my palm read? I thought sharing the palm reading would strengthen our relationship and put a smile on her face and a warmth in her heart. I NEVER expected it to be turned back to me and said that I never told her this. She said that she asked me yesterday what I did Friday, and I said, no, you did not. You asked what I did Saturday, and I told you. She then said, what if I did the same to you? I said, I did not ask what you did on Friday. I assumed you were with your friends. She gave me a look and walked into the next room. I was about to jet, cause I thought this was getting out of control over nothing. So I tried to talk about it with her. Then she brought up that I did not share my medical problem with her until later. I did not share my work issues until later. And so on and so on. So, like I thought it was the right thing to do, I said, which is the truth, I do not see myself as evasive in anyway, but I will work on being more open. You know, trying to calm everything down.. However, when we drove away, she went to her friends, and I was going home, at the light, I waved by, and she did not even look.. So, for some reason, she's upset, and I cannot see or understand why...
What did she DO that she's not telling YOU about!!?? Either that....or she's got PMS, or one of her friends is dealing with issues that HER guy has been hiding. There....3 options.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:44 PM

94 posts, read 169,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infatuous1 View Post
Is this completely out of character for her? Maybe it's just her time of the month. Or she may be feeling like the relationship isn't moving forward unless there is 100% disclosure.
Yep, completely out of character for her. I think she is still pissed at me... I called and left a message.. I do not get it.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:47 PM

94 posts, read 169,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
What did she DO that she's not telling YOU about!!?? Either that....or she's got PMS, or one of her friends is dealing with issues that HER guy has been hiding. There....3 options.
Not sure. I am nearly always with her... Except Friday's. She's not a philanderer, but just don't know... This is totally not her... She is usually very warm, direct and understanding. I tell her everything. While, I might not tell everything as it happens, I tell when I feel the time is right for me. I never asked her to be any different than she is. I do not understand...

Old 06-12-2011, 08:13 PM

7,965 posts, read 11,757,215 times
Quote:
Not sure. I am nearly always with her... Except Friday's. She's not a philanderer, but just don't know... This is totally not her... She is usually very warm, direct and understanding. I tell her everything. While, I might not tell everything as it happens, I tell when I feel the time is right for me. I never asked her to be any different than she is. I do not understand...
Just remember, if someone she knows is a "hider" and can't be trusted, it could be causing her to be worried about you. If you haven't done anything that she's heard about 3rd hand, I'd just give her time to sort things out. Spend too much time trying to get her to come around and she's liable to feel smothered and just try to pull back further.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:20 PM

193 posts, read 451,277 times
I wonder if she is being manipulative. If she is, it seems to working quite well. Just throwing this out there.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:34 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,975,335 times
Quote:
Nah, love the girl...
This isn't just about the palm reading thing.

Obviously she has been feeling for a while like you don't share information the way people in a relationship with one another are supposed to. Sounds like this was just the thing that broke the camels back, so to speak, and she just could not contain her frustration and aggravation any longer.

Since you do love her and obviously want to continue the relationship, start by acknowledging that even though you consider yourself a "private" person, you have to be willing to be more open with a partner for your level of intimacy to grow.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:56 AM

2,596 posts, read 5,595,144 times
Quote:
It was not a serious illness. It was GERD.
With all due respect, who cares?

Maybe you aren't the sort of person who is built to be in a relationship. I don't know. If you were sick for a month, you should have told your partner. If it was to the point where you needed to visit a doctor, you should have told your partner. Women like to be checked in. We like to care about our mate. We want you to let us be a part of your life.

If you aren't willing to share yourself with someone, I worry you're going to have a hard time convincing someone to stick around long term. People crave that sense of intimacy with someone. Those little secrets that no one knows but the couple (you know, how he talks in his sleep or she likes wearing her undies around the house) build intimacy. You have a sense of specialness, that you know your partner better than any other person. It's an important building block and right now, you're arranging it so you never have that together.

You can keep wondering if it's PMS, or if she's just grouchy today, but from where I'm sitting, she's been pretty darn clear in spelling out the problem. You are evasive and secretive (private) in your relationship. Usually a comment like this is a shot across the bow. Will you pay heed, or will this turn into a breakup in 2 months time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships