Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 05:29 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times

Advertisements

Are you asking out women and getting turned down or are you too shy to approach women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 05:32 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,580,966 times
If you see something awkward in your videos but are having trouble pin pointing it, do you have a friend you trust enough to send those videos to, to ask for feed back?

That might give you something to work on, for real life I mean, not for making a dating video.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:35 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
So on average you are asking out 1 girl a month? You need to give some background. You were on an online dating site, and every girl said "no"?

Are you a average guy, in college asking out uber hot corporate women? Do you mostly do online dating, or ask girls out that you meet in person? Do you know them? or is it in bars or out with friends?

If your just venting, then disregard the questions.

I would hate to be a guy and this is one of the main reasons! But I've heard lots of guys say it is a numbers game... and I've seen guys make the rounds at bars asking girls out. /lol

Old 06-12-2011, 05:44 PM

404 posts, read 701,709 times
Sunnydee: yes, I do ask them out and get turned down (with a wide variety of excuses, by the way)

catsmom21: My friends don't need any videos, they can hear me and see me with their own eyes. But I can't, so I did a couple of videos to judge for myself. I have already asked a couple of female friends about this but they didn't tell me anything useful, just to "be patient and keep trying".

Mikala43: I don't do online anymore, I did in the past, but nowadays it's so hard to get a single response that I got tired of it. I meant approaches in real life. As of how many... sometimes I asked out 3 girls the same weekend, other periods maybe I didn't ask out anyone for 3 weeks. It really depends on how many women I met who I was interested in.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:58 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
In the last 2 years I'd say some dozens. I had a pretty active period when I attended salsa lessons since I met a lot of girls there. Lately I do it less often, because of both meeting less women and somewhat losing hope after so many rejections
It sounds like you took the lessons in the hope that it would help you meet women. Is this so?

Old 06-12-2011, 06:33 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,580,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post

catsmom21: My friends don't need any videos, they can hear me and see me with their own eyes. But I can't, so I did a couple of videos to judge for myself. I have already asked a couple of female friends about this but they didn't tell me anything useful, just to "be patient and keep trying".

Okay, but let me elaborate more. First, you said you hardly ever see your friends, and have trouble making arrangements to spend time with them. Sending them a video, you don't have to find a time you both are free to meet.

In addition, when people are talking face to face, it's different from watching a video of someone. When you are interacting your focus is different.

Those were the thoughts behind my suggestion. Good luck to you, don't give up!

Old 06-12-2011, 06:50 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,891 times
Sorry to hear about this my friend. I definitely feel your pain.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:53 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,618 times
What are these improvements and changes you've made?

Old 06-12-2011, 07:38 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
I think I remember giving you this advice before: get an "intercambio" with an English-speaker: Language exchange Madrid, Barcelona, London and New York
If you're in a town with a university, this will be easy.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:33 AM

404 posts, read 701,709 times
Wow, many answers since I went to bed! Thank you all guys (and lads )
Let's see:

crisan: At first I didn't know if I would like dancing, I joined as a way to meet new people and (yes!) especially women. But to my surprise I actually ended liking salsa quite a bit.

catsmom21: It might be an option, but it would be rather ackward randomly coming up with a video of myself for this kind of thing. I understand what you mean, but I'd rather not do that. I mean, the videos I recorded do not show anything special or different than usual. It's just me speaking.

lpfan921: Thanks for coming by! But please don't feel my pain haha, no need for any pain to you.

optiflex: Well I had some older thread speaking about it. I would say I have tried mostly any improvement I can think of. I lost weight, dress better, go out more, have more friends, talk to more women, learned salsa, bought a house, tried some new looks...

Snort: Hey, you over here again! To be honest I can remember your suggestion for an intercambio but I don't recall the point behind it. What would this accomplish? It's hard enough speaking about this problem with close friends, so I take it you don't expect me to tell this to complete strangers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships