Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: American women Vs. European women
American Women 26 29.89%
European Women 61 70.11%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 12:49 PM

252 posts, read 555,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
I'm going to take a very objective stab at this.

First of all, in the US, there is not 1 great woman for every 1000 not great women.

You claim that women in the US don't know what they want, have high expectations and are hostile to male approaches. However, you then rant about how you're 26 years-old, about to graduate with a great degree, good-looking, caring etc but can't find a relationship. What are you looking for and how high are your expectations? There are plenty of men out there who have less or had less and are able to find relationships with great women.

Exactly. Divorce rates are what, 60%? And you said it perfect, "I have met many who have less", college graduates of our generation have the lowest marriage rate in history. If expecting, no, longing for a healthy, balanced, sincere, equal relationship is illegal than lock me up.

Quote:
Your whole point about how the entertainment business and retail business are dedicated to women is beyond me.
Really? I mean really, are you really going to argue this?..

Women, Not Men, Are Primary Electronics Consumers
http://presentations.sterniag.com/cohort/110204_Retail.pdf (broken link)

Pictures of Keysha fans
Pics: Kesha in Reno at Grand Sierra | Ke$ha in Reno at Grand Sierra Resort | Photo 7/37 | Metromix Reno

Pictures of Foo Fighters fans
Califaudio: Foo Fighters + QOTSA @ Avalon Hollywood

Quote:
What kind of "system" would this be? Talking over the internet? Taking a vacation to Europe to temporarily meet a woman who is more inviting?
I am in the works of designing a business with a goal in mind to help people connect with others from distant countries. Although a website would be used for advertising and data structure, the business itself would be so much more. The intent would be to create a community with a single goal of living a balanced, healthy, educated lifestyle and sharing it with someone special.

Quote:
To sum up, there is no market or demand for this. While women in the US do have some glitches, you certainly have not addressed them, and many of them have positive attributes that unequivocally outweigh the cons. The issues that you have obtaining a relationship or approaching women are specific to only a few, and should not be generalized to the whole male population.
I beg to differ. I feel there is a growing demand for this, however, we will see.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:51 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
A 26-year-old, college-educated male model who is also nice and caring, yet can't find a decent relationship? Men who have far less than you are successful, so could there be something else at work? I would start with the notion that 999 out of 1000 women are "not so great." If you don't like women, they're not going to like you either.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:54 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,264,355 times
COOL! Another thread like this!

Old 06-14-2011, 12:55 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,192,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
and one incident for a "great" women does not make up for the 1000 who aren't so great.

especially women, do not seem to understand what they want. They seem to juggle between different identities hoping to have it all, or maybe none.

it is not like walking up to a wall of ice and having to chisel your way through to see what’s on the other side. I have noticed American women tend to be extremely distant.

Dating norms, so we want to be equal yet these remain?
Why am I still forced to pay for the dinner of a woman who constantly reminds me of her independent status?

Materialistic, vapid, and misandrist attitudes. I cannot get over how materialistic and vapid American women can be.

Deleted. Not participating in a discussion for a business, not that I would have helped anyway.

Last edited by crisan; 06-14-2011 at 01:12 PM..

Old 06-14-2011, 12:55 PM

252 posts, read 555,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
A 26-year-old, college-educated male model who is also nice and caring, yet can't find a decent relationship? Men who have far less than you are successful, so could there be something else at work? I would start with the notion that 999 out of 1000 women are "not so great." If you don't like women, they're not going to like you either.

Julia I love women. I never said 999 out of 1000 women are "not so great." I was simply stating that the mass majority of American women have been swept up in a negative social standing. If you read the rest of my post, then you will see what else is at work.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:56 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,284,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
Exactly. Divorce rates are what, 60%? And you said it perfect, "I have met many who have less", college graduates of our generation have the lowest marriage rate in history. If expecting, no, longing for a healthy, balanced, sincere, equal relationship is illegal than lock me up.

Really? I mean really, are you really going to argue this?..

Women, Not Men, Are Primary Electronics Consumers
http://presentations.sterniag.com/cohort/110204_Retail.pdf (broken link)

Pictures of Keysha fans
Pics: Kesha in Reno at Grand Sierra | Ke$ha in Reno at Grand Sierra Resort | Photo 7/37 | Metromix Reno

Pictures of Foo Fighters fans
Califaudio: Foo Fighters + QOTSA @ Avalon Hollywood

I am in the works of designing a business with a goal in mind to help people connect with others from distant countries. Although a website would be used for advertising and data structure, the business itself would be so much more. The intent would be to create a community with a single goal of living a balanced, healthy, educated lifestyle and sharing it with someone special.

I beg to differ. I feel there is a growing demand for this, however, we will see.
I'll respond more in depth to this when I have time.

However, if you're creating a program to unite and connect individuals of similar beliefs and ideals in a balanced community, then that sounds like a much better and more positive advertising platform then unfairly bashing women from the US.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:57 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,534,336 times
You forgot the greatest type of woman, Texas women.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:57 PM

83 posts, read 280,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infatuous1 View Post
As though Canadian women are much different.

They're not nearly as bad. Women in the United States have much more in common with British women than Canadian women.

Quote:

There's definitely an underlying issue he didn't bring up. That description fits me, only I'm 20. I have never had a problem. And yes, there are definitely those not as fortunate in the looks department that have succeeded and done well for themselves.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:58 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Are you asking for dating advice or collecting research for your business? The former is allowed; the latter is not.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:58 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,192,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
COOL! Another thread like this!
Yes, I know. Another thread about how a person "has" to do this and that for women, so why aren't all those women doing what they have to do as well?

Don't allow people to control you and you won't have the urge to control other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.