Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: American women Vs. European women
American Women 26 29.89%
European Women 61 70.11%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 07:13 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,282 times

Advertisements

I noticed that Russian chicks on the internet seem to be more "upfront" about stuff than many local women.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:14 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,997,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi d-boy-80,

Sort of a pithy remark without an example of you own in a similar setting. I was looking for a realistic example which was not easy. There are certainly women in Russia who are no beauties. However few are ruined by fat or fashion.

What I find ridiculous is the attitude that people are the same everywhere as if Pashtun/Taliban is as good as Italy for an American blond. While there is more in common than appears on the surface, even our facial expressions differ. I could tell a group of Americans, Germans and Russian by that alone. Americans look sort of like clowns. Germans seem exceedingly serious. Russians look drugged at times. One thing I like was how easy it was to tell when a Russian liked you. Their smile seemed that much warmer after that contrast.
Be very careful with Russian's. They Moderator cut: can be immature and superficial. It doesn't matter if you have in within you as long as you show it outwardly.

You were looking for a real world example. Ok you tried. But you only posted two students of American's compared to like 30 Russian women. Not a good comparison.

Quote:
First of all - I didn't say I had a happy marriage. I was simply saying that I'm not a gold digger and I didn't marry for shallow reasons.

And how about this - I'll stop saying that I have a happy marriage when men stop complaining about how there are no decent women and how marriage is a crock.

Geez - when will people realize that being bitter, whiney, and angry is simply not an attractive trait! A smile and a kind word will get you much farther than complaining!
You are always mentioning your marriage and how great it is. If it is not happy then it is bad with the amount of times you mention it.

Marriage is a crock you making it seem like that. With the amount of times you mention it. I don't think it is a crock. I just think that the double standards that exist really make men look like the evil one. So I visit a prostitute once that automatically makes me gross? Yet, my fiance had unprotected sex with the bad boy who was a serial cheater. Yeah which one is more gross The problem being is that women automatically gain up on a guy's decision whereas with a woman's decision they try to rationalize it.

So yeah......

I do agree that a smile and something nice said goes a long way. But you have to hide the true you till after sex. Which is something I don't like to do. I don't like to fake it. That is just wrong to me and her. But whatever...

Last edited by JustJulia; 06-23-2011 at 12:49 PM..

Old 06-22-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
I noticed that Russian chicks on the internet seem to be more "upfront" about stuff than many local women.
It probably has to do with them being hookers?

Old 06-22-2011, 07:18 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,282 times
What is it with your stereotyping; does that mean that all women who have sex for free must be hypocrites?

Old 06-22-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
What is it with your stereotyping; does that mean that all women who have sex for free must be hypocrites?
pfff, with the accusation.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:32 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
What y'all picking on DewDrop for?

Well DewDrop, it's certainly better than having this group agree with on anything. That would be truly frightening.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:41 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,534,336 times
D-Towner likes his women like he likes his cars, made in the USA.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:15 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,683,001 times
Lightbulb Where Do I Start...

Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
Anyone new to this thread please catch up by reading my initial comments regarding social issues here in America and the catfish's responses. This is his 5th "that's it, I've said my piece" comment and he keeps on coming back with his comical narratives. I feel very bad for this individual, as right now I guarantee he is sitting back in his chair visualizing all the people he thinks are reading his witty but meaningless rants. Truth be told I doubt very few people care, and your not impressing anyone.

This thread was made to address certain social issues in America, some posters like the catfish are trying to turn it into something else. If an intelligent debate is what you want, than perhaps go back 20, 15, and even 10 pages and re-read my posts where I provided statistical and argumentative elements only to get childish responses from you.

Lets grab your hand 1 more time and walk you through my posts....

Are European Women easier to approach?
I said yes.....
You could debate this

Dating norms, so we want to be equal yet these remain?
Here I go into chivalry and how we as a society are so screwed up when it comes to what we want.
You could debate this.

Materialistic, vapid, and misandrist attitudes.
American women spend 44 Billion a year on clothes, men spend 8 billion. Department stores have entire levels dedicated to items just for women. Women have now taken the lead in consumer electronics.

I argued how hollywood further influences misandrist attitudes towards men while further blanketing women in protection. When women hit men in movies, its funny. However, how often do you see men beating women and everyone laughing about it?

You could debate this.

Divorce and child custody laws
I brought up how divorce and child custody laws are bias. I mentioned how men are often crippled due to unfair laws. 45% of the homeless are divorced single men, compared to only 14% of women.

You could debate this.

See catfish, I know it's not a debate that you want. I realize that people like you are so in love with your own words that you believe everyone else is too. But please realize, that coming on to someones thread and bitching about them bitching just makes you look like a tool. Oh.... wait you probably don't know what tool is do you....because your closing in on 60. And there is nothing wrong with being over the hill....unless your arguing with somebody about what its like in a young mans dating world......

Somebody get me a fillet knife.
Okay, listen up...my dog sitting on his haunches asking to go outside knows more about life than you do, so let's end that debate right there...you and your whiny little tirade are irrelevant to me...know that now...and as to your remark about a filet knife, yeah right---don't even dream alone in your bed in a cold sweat in the dead-black of night about that...epic fail

You, once again, have proven yourself unable to handle the truth...some American woman somewhere in your distant past called you out and told you what time it was, and that just hurt your widdle alleged-model feewings soooo much, that, instead of thinking about examining what went wrong, you took the punk route and decided to whine and find fault with American women, to the extent of creating this thread...

You are absolutely right, I'm dang near 60, but what's your point? Who are you, Jesus's English teacher, that suddenly, at 26, you have become this omnipotent purveyor of life skills and dating knowledge, so much so that nobody out of your age group is allowed to post on this thread? Not hardly...

Last time I looked, I am something you sorely need to learn about being---an adult...and as such, whether it's this thread or any other here, I will post and express my opinion, whether you like it or not...you don't run this forum, or frankly, anything else in the world except your mouth, so I don't need your permission or blessing, at all, ever...don't want to suffer through my posts any more? Give your finger some exercise, and find and click the 'ignore' feature...because I'll still be here speaking my piece

And as far as meaningless rants? I don't post to impress people, nor am I in love with my words...I post because when I see something that I either think is an interesting topic and feel I can add something to the discussion, or to call BS on something, then I'm gonna type, and post, and express myself to my heart's content, and all your little oo-poo-pa-do whininess ain't gonna change a thing...and further, don't even try that 'intelligent debate' razzle-dazzle with me either...I've forgotten more about life in these last few minutes than you've allegedly learned in 26 years

Comical narratives, my a**...you are one of those folk who simply cannot stand it when someone dares to disagree with you...and when I go to bed this night, I will climb into bed next to a sexy, intelligent, educated AMERICAN woman, who loves this cranky old man very much, thank you, and I will not lose one iota of sleep pondering the great mystery of whether you're ever going to grow up

Oh, by the way, I'm not usually one who gets into post counts and rep points and all that, but to address your little dig about 'very few people caring about what I say', well if you look on any of my posts here or anywhere else on City Data, you'll see that I have over twice as many reps as I do actual posts...which means that over 2600 times since I joined, including one for the post you quoted, people saw fit to 'rep' me because they (wait for it) cared about what I had to say...ironic, isn't it?

Old 06-22-2011, 08:17 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Be very careful with Russian's. They are immature and superficial. It doesn't matter if you have in within you as long as you show it outwardly.
I am extremely careful with my wife of nearly 8 years and her 20 or so friends. I do worry that their excellent hospitality is a mere front to soften my resolve to resit the true fate that awaits me. Those beet salads my very well be a mock up of my ground up organs.

Quote:
You were looking for a real world example. Ok you tried. But you only posted two students of American's compared to like 30 Russian women. Not a good comparison.
Did I really need a good example of Americans for Americans? Americans don't know what ordinary Americans look like? That is a frequent sight. It reminds me a little bit of Italy with regards to food. If there is food served during a puppet show, its good food. American food can be good when its about the food. If its about something else while food is served, its often poor or at best forgettable. American women who are fashion conscious can leave a smoke trail. However the default tends to be all the way down to a mere sack for flesh.

This is also a good example.

People. St Petersburg Pictures

The young people are quite casual here as well and when in shape it seems to work for anyone who is young. However towards middle age Russian women seem to make nice transitions into tasteful femininity. American women are often in white sneakers, polyester pants with a fanny pack. Its going to make an impression. Yet again, mainly, no fat like here.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:20 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,534,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Here is a photo of Rutgers University visiting Russia.

This is not at all atypical.

Here is a photo of Russian college girls.

They are not all models. Its just that there are no sweats and not that sedentary, chunky look. Obesity is very rare in this age group.

It really is incredible how difficult it is to find ordinary people, but I'd say its pretty representative.
This is a shallow statement. What is wrong with the top picture, two American girls exploring a new place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.