Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 01:39 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Now I feel really jealous.In my 12 years of schooling I never had smokin hot teacher. I had some very pretty teachers but none that made me say "damn I want to hit that."
But if you had, you would've if the opportunity presented itself, right?

My junior English teacher was the sister of a star on a very popular 70s television series, one that relied on feminine pulchritude for ratings, and looked very much like her. Let me just say that I was the most diligent student in her class and sat on the front row every day. Yowza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 01:42 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
But if you had, you would've if the opportunity presented itself, right?
Of Course!

Old 06-17-2011, 01:47 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
It's not just you, it's a prominent double standard in society. As a male, if my daughter was sleeping with an attractive male teacher, I would go to every length possible to get him reprimanded, jailed, and disgraced. I would not consult or question my daughter, I would just take matters into my own hands.

However, if my son was sleeping with an attractive female teacher I would talk to him about it. Did he initiate it, was there some sort of chemistry, or did she hit on him. How did he feel about it? Pretty much, I would pull out the facts, and in the end, if I felt it was necessary to intervene, I would absolutely do so.
This is interesting, how you'd rather take care of your daughter's business yourself to the fullest extent of the law, rather than teach her how to make good choices about her relationships and her body, whereas the son gets a pat on the back over a slap on the wrist. Why the difference?

Old 06-17-2011, 01:49 PM

732 posts, read 1,046,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
My son had a thing with his Geometry teacher when he was 16. She was very attractive.

I first suspected when I ran into her at McDonald's and recognized her from Back to School Night. I said, "Aren't you Mrs xxxx?" When I told her whose mother I was, she flushed and began stammering a little. ("That's weird, doesn't she run into a lot of parents out in public? Hmmmmm")
Then she gushed about how smart he was and what a good student, etc.

Then, I teased him that night that she was so pretty and she obviously like him, ha ha. Well, then HE flushed. Double-hmmm.....

Then I found him on his email one day. He was on the main page with the list of recent emails. Yeah, about 10-15 from the same sender, you guessed it.

SO GUESS WHAT I DID?????

Nothing. At 16, he knew what he was doing and having the time of his life.

Outing her would have ruined her family and career and would not have done my son ANY GOOD AT ALL.

I told him what I suspected and we discussed her being married with a child and all. He didn't admit it at that time (he did 2 yrs later), but I told him if it caused him any pain or problems, he could come to me to talk and I wouldn't blow the whistle on her.

I know about 50% of you will think I'm a horrible mother for this, but he seems pretty well-adjusted and this was the judgment call I made.
This whole post is nauseating.

I don't know the age of consent in your state but this woman may have committed statuatory rape, which is illegal regardless of gender and you flip it off with a "Boys will be boys" attitude.

If this woman did this once to your son, there's every possibllity she'll do it again to someone else's son. Maybe even a younger student. But he's only a guy and guys love sex so that makes it tolerable. Heaven forbid someone do that to your daughter though. Regardless of someone getting pregnant, this behavior is not only reprehensible but possibly illegal regardless of whether it's a boy or girl.

Someone posted earlier that it's only the men who have this flippant attitude towards these student-teacher liasions but the example I quoted is far more sickening. A mother stating it was no big deal that her own son was used and abused by this so-called authority figure.

Women, what are your responses to Book Lover?

Old 06-17-2011, 01:54 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This is interesting, how you'd rather take care of your daughter's business yourself to the fullest extent of the law, rather than teach her how to make good choices about her relationships and her body, whereas the son gets a pat on the back over a slap on the wrist. Why the difference?
Hypothetically.

I would absolutely teach my daughter.

I would not pat my son on the back.

I would like to discuss this with you, but you're including too much false information.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:57 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Well, yes, hypothetically.

It's still interesting that we as a society talk about equality, but many people would approach this situation differently regarding the gender of the student involved. There's still very much a notion that a girl's virtue needs to be protected (and in a way, that she can't protect herself,) but boys will be boys. In this case, if it's bad for the goose, it's bad for the gander.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:02 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,547 times
Agreed. Basically I don't think there's anything my daughter could tell me that would convince me she had a part in it, or wanted it, or liked it (AND I just wouldn't want to believe it).

Old 06-17-2011, 02:04 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
I just don't understand why a teacher would want to jeopardize their career by doing something like this.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:19 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I just don't understand why a teacher would want to jeopardize their career by doing something like this.
True. But you can same the same thing about just anything else. For example...

Why would a spouse jeopardize his or her marriage?
Why would an executive jeopardize his or her standing in the company?
Why would a politician jeopardize his or her office?

And the list goes on and on. And yet they do.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:24 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
True. But you can same the same thing about just anything else. For example...

Why would a spouse jeopardize his or her marriage?
Why would an executive jeopardize his or her standing in the company?
Why would a politician jeopardize his or her office?

And the list goes on and on. And yet they do.
Exactly. It boggles my mind. Why would you risk getting caught in any of those situations and potentially destroy your life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships