Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 01:37 PM

5 posts, read 20,184 times

Advertisements

I am from the Middle East (Iran to be specific), a Christian, Caucasian living in New Mexico. I do have a slight accent. When I meet women and they ask me where I am from, I always have this underlying fear that they would not be interested in me due to animosity between the governments.

So I want to ask this question: would you date someone from the Middle East? Would you care?

Old 06-17-2011, 01:45 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malijac View Post
I am from the Middle East (Iran to be specific), a Christian, Caucasian living in New Mexico. I do have a slight accent. When I meet women and they ask me where I am from, I always have this underlying fear that they would not be interested in me due to animosity between the governments.

So I want to ask this question: would you date someone from the Middle East? Would you care?

Honestly probably not..dont think we have anything in common.
But lot of people think Im from India...
Im not..

Old 06-17-2011, 01:46 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,336 times
The fact that you're Christian would definitely get a yes from me. To me, it doesn't matter that race or ethnicity you are or where you come from, as long as you're Christian, then I will date you.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:53 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,161,879 times
Quote:

I've never dated anyone directly from the Middle East but my ex boyfriend was half Lebanese and my best friend is full Lebanese. I dated a Middle Eastern guy in college but I'm not sure where his family was from. I could care less where someone is from. However, I'm a heathen so the Christian thing might not work out so well! I'm married anyway - but when I was dating - I didn't care what ethnicity or nationality a guy was - it's who he was that counted.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:08 PM

946 posts, read 2,918,225 times
I've dated Middle-Easterns, so it's a yes. The only thing that would hold me back would be if you were Muslim, but you're not, so I definately would. By the way, I find it surprising you're a Christian from Iran...I always automatically assumed everyone from Iran was Muslim lol.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:10 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
If I were single, sure. There were a few Persian, Arab and South Asian ladies I have had my eyes on over the years. Muslim, Christian and Hindu.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:13 PM

5 posts, read 20,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
I've dated Middle-Easterns, so it's a yes. The only thing that would hold me back would be if you were Muslim, but you're not, so I definately would. By the way, I find it surprising you're a Christian from Iran...I always automatically assumed everyone from Iran was Muslim lol.
Though the gov does not want to admit, 7% of Iran are minorities such as Christian, Baha'i, Jews and Zoroastrians.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:22 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:

Eastern guys carry a certain stigma in America. The more Eastern, the worse, the worst tending towards China, Japan etc.

Having said that, religion is at the basis of several relationships. The church is the happiest hunting ground for men. If you're catholic, your options are even larger, coz the wackos mostly happen to be in more stringent forms of Christianity.

I'm of Indian origin and based on popular perception, I'll be largely unwanted commodity. But men should be taken on a case by case basis. I often wondered why I get approached by women of all kinds, and the opportunities happen to be rich, despite the image projected by many of my peers.

I spoke to people and I have figured it's my personality. I have the most outrageously funny (also bizarre) things to say all the time and they say there is some form of cheer in my personality.

So, the key to being "the guy" is being in shape, being funny, sense of fashion and possessing a vibrant personality.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:23 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
Iran and Iraq have had some of the earliest of Christians, notably the Assyrians, who have been ethnically cleansed already.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:17 PM

17,214 posts, read 57,064,697 times
As a guy, I have met some Iranian and Moroccan women that I would have dated. And one guy I know from around Topanga Canyon, Indian guy, his wife (also Indian) is a real peach, good looking, smart, makes good coin working for NASA - what's not to like?

Taking the Middle East writ large, the only thing I would wonder about are crazy family members - I don't need a half-dozen brothers deciding to declare jihad on me because of some real or imagined thing I might do or fail to do -

Like Antlered said, it comes down to the individual. Another Indian guy I worked with around here, I'm not a good judge of what kind of man will appeal to which gal, OK - but he was intellegent, height-weight proportionate, extremely well spoken, British English, a real hardcore car guy who drove well and could wrench with the best of them, not loud or a braggart - again I would ask the ladies, what's not to like?

I don't think I would be very compatible with a Muslim gal, but would not 86 things from the get go just because of that - but I would not have real high hopes either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships