Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 12:15 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
I will agree with you on one point, for SOME men communication is most def. not a strong point however there are men that place worth in communication regardless of the content...
Honestly? There is a difference between the communication between girlfriends and SO...so no this was not a good comparison, the need is still the same but the content is different. There are men that call in excess and those that do not at all so to generalize is unfair..

For the OP this was a big deal, a connection while he was away was important, her SO knew this since she made the request..and honestly again? A call once a day for 5 minutes or even less shows that he cares enough to respect this tiny little respect, I am not understanding why he needs a break?

Point taken. The fact that he knows how important it is to her and chooses not to call her says a lot about how he feels about her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 02:29 AM

1 posts, read 370 times
I had the same problem with my bf and we are not togther anymore. Tho calling is not the exact reason, but do contribute a bit to it. I do realise some guys don't find it important to stay connected everyday. But for me is a big thing, not because I think he is cheating behind my back. I just think it's a nice gesture to show the other person that you care about them and are thinking of them. Imagine you ask your gf to have sex and she constantly blows you off, same feeling when a girl doesnt hear from the guy. It's not being insecure, well that to say, when you care about someone a lot, you start to automatically feel slightly insecure. That is just human nature.

Anyway that's just my opinion, and different people have different expectations on what a relationship should be like. And if you are not happy about the level of communication or sth else, it means there is the issue of incompatibility. You guys might care about each other in different ways and his way is not working well with you. it's always okay to walk away like I did. And hopefully we find someone we are happy with.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:49 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
This thread is 7 years old. I'm pretty sure the OP broke up with the BF a long time ago.

Old 06-23-2018, 05:42 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,752 times
People change and move-on but topics remain.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:40 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I am super independent and I like women who are as well. So, I would not put up with you for a second.
Likewise. Sounds needy and controlling. 'I expect one call a day.' LMAO.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:17 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huafeihua View Post
bf is not diligent about making phone calls. i've told him clearly that phone calls are important to me when we're not together, that i expect one call every day.

so he went to DC last week, didn't call everyday either. so he's coming back tomorrow and i was expecting him to call tonight to tell me what time he will be arriving etc. it's been a week and i do miss him.

he didn't call, and just sent a simple text" miss you". i called him right after receiving the text and he said he's ready for bed that's why he didn't call.

i couldnt hold it and complained (cause on our previous call, he asked me if i could do bj for him when he's back i jokingly said no if you forget to call again and he promised he will call), he got mad saying it's late oever there( time difference) that im rude to call him and complain.

i'm just deeply disappointed, to me, it's just about how much effort one person 'is willing to put to make the other person happy.

is the relationship a good one when getting a phone call is too much to ask? or that i do ask too much?
You're going to have to learn to get over your extreme insecurity and possessiveness if you hope to have a mature relationship with an adult man.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:23 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huafeihua View Post
since when being independent equals being indifferent?
Your bf is not being "indifferent." Christ, he had a life BEFORE he met you, with responsibilities and commitments in other areas besides a relationship. You should have as well, but it sounds like you put all your focus on one area to the detriment of the rest of your life. That's why females like you wind up miserable, because you don't know the meaning of the concept of balance.

Knock it off, before you end up pushing your bf away. No one likes a nagging, needy female when there are plenty of self-assured, confident, independent WOMEN available.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:33 PM

1,058 posts, read 676,636 times
It's not too much to ask, but he didn't call because he didn't want to to talk to you. You may want to find someone that is a little more compatible.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:38 PM

3 posts, read 3,081 times
Sounds clingy, needy, and controlling. If it's that serious, you can make the call yourself. Women don't have to just sit around waiting for men to do every little thing in the relationship. But you need to have a life outside of your partner. No man wants a girl all up under him like that... especially nagging him about petty things.

Old 07-01-2018, 02:54 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,740,986 times
To be honest, if someone requested me to call them every single day, that would annoy me. Sometimes, you just don't have those 10-15 minutes to have a phone conversation during which you will probably discuss unimportant things. It gets boring, quick!

Unless you are in a long distance relationship where you want to keep the connection alive, I don't see the point in calling every single day.

I am not a shady person, nor am I the type of person to cheat, so I personally would feel stifled if someone made such demand .. and I'm a woman! Texting is fine, but a call .. what is this? How to keep tabs on your partner 101?

Heck, even my parents never asked me to call once a day once I moved away.

I think you need to get a life. Find a hobby or friends, to shift your focus on something other than your boyfriend. Yes, you are a couple, but you are two different persons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships