Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 05:31 AM

1 posts, read 2,603 times

Advertisements

I met my ex online and we dated for only 2 1/2 months. Around the 45 day mark he suddenly stopped talking to me without any warning or reason. I was panicked and lost not knowing what the hell was going on. He finally came around and, like I fool, I came back to him. Then he did it again, but first he broke up with me over the phone. Then ignored me for 4 days. He revealed that his feelings for me had wavered and that he "thought they would change" but they hadn't. Then a few days after breaking up, he asked me to sleep with him. So, yes, this guy is an ***.

However, during our time together I met his friends. They were astoundingly supportive and one of his friends and I clicked really well. Over time we've gotten closer. So much so that other's are mentioning the chemistry between us. (my ex was one of them) I do not want to encourage anything because of his friendship with my ex. Normally I would drop everything but I am left to wonder the possibilities because

A. My ex and I were together for such a short time
B. He broke up with me, not the other way around
C. He clearly wasn't that into me in the first place

Obviously, this is something that would have to be approached delicately and discussed if anything happened at all, but I'm curious about other's takes on it.

Other info: once my ex finally got the 'nads to start talking to me again we decided to go the friendship route because we have so many of the same friends and dont want to make it awkward for them. So we still hang out in groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 05:38 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,587,752 times
If you go for him you're the kind of chick who make men spill each others blood on the ground.

They shouldn't if acting rationally, but many men are weak to the more savage instincts of our kind and there will likely be jealousy, even if modern men will at least refrain from getting physical about it for the most part, there will still be bad blood lurking in the air...

Old 06-25-2011, 05:46 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,386,640 times
If you have real chemistry with this guy - more than lust, that's easy - I mean real chemistry on multiple levels - then go for it!

Who cares if some boy you briefly dated is a mutual friend? Clearly it wasn't a serious relationship, and part of dating is experimenting and seeing what you like and what you want. If you've found that in this new guy, why pass it up?

Old 06-25-2011, 05:47 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,386,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
If you go for him you're the kind of chick who make men spill each others blood on the ground.

They shouldn't if acting rationally, but many men are weak to the more savage instincts of our kind and there will likely be jealousy, even if modern men will at least refrain from getting physical about it for the most part, there will still be bad blood lurking in the air...
He'll get over it...

Old 06-25-2011, 07:18 AM

22,384 posts, read 29,502,255 times
You guys were together for like 5 mins and he seems like a dyck. Go withn trhe friend. He'll probably treat you better. Good luck!

Old 06-25-2011, 07:41 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,214,037 times
Or you're just being passed around...ponder this carefully.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:29 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,305,353 times
I don't understand why you consider the possible feelings of a man who proved himself a user and a jerk...more important than the the chance to build a new relationship with another man, that you proffess to have a great chemistry with and get along so well with?...there's no need for you to pussyfoot around your ex in order to establish a new relationship with another if you so desire....I think your remaining friends with the (ex) may possibly prove a barrier to you though...

Old 06-25-2011, 09:42 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,891,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profoundcake View Post
Normally I would drop everything but I am left to wonder the possibilities because

A. My ex and I were together for such a short time
B. He broke up with me, not the other way around
C. He clearly wasn't that into me in the first place
Add "D. When the friend runs is by the ex he is given the thumbs up/go ahead" and you're gold.

Feel free to go ahead with this, just do it slow enough that the guy can get "permission" from his friend.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:14 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,561,742 times
I say go for it. You owe your 5 second ex nothing. Someone you already know and trust makes a great candidate.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:27 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,088,067 times
This idea of I don't like this person, this person mistreated me..but I've entered into an agreement to stay friends, for the sake....I always enjoy hearing this. It always comes out of the mouuth of the nice one, and they're idiotically assuming the Ass is going to adhere to it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships