Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 10:47 AM

104 posts, read 108,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzSJP View Post
Umm, YEAH!! One of the sexiest videos in the world IMO is Maddonna's Express Yourself. Haven't seen it in a while, but I remember the tall dark and handsome guy coming home from work and grabbing her in the all-white sheets, leaving black oil stains from his hands all over the sheets LOL. Blue Collar workers are OK in my book!!

For me and a long-term relationship, the minimum would be $50K.
Thats reasonable. I'll probably earn 50k and more in a few years. I'm 20 now. If you don't mind me asking, how much do you earn per year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 10:49 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
I was about to say it depends on age and location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor-jesus View Post
Thats reasonable. I'll probably earn 50k and more in a few years. I'm 20 now. If you don't mind me asking, how much do you earn per year?
I think you're doing extremely well for your age.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:49 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,859,948 times
The average income for men living in New York City is about $38,000. I think you'll do fine in New York City with your income.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:52 AM

104 posts, read 108,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I was about to say it depends on age and location.

I think you're doing extremely well for your age.
Yes but thats because most people my age study at university/college which will make them earn more money on average once they graduate, while I can't really expect to earn much more than 55-60k, if I become lets say a foreman or something like that. While those who graduate university can earn like a 100k and more.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:53 AM

55 posts, read 100,365 times
Quote:
I earn 48k per year, I could potentially earn more in the future like up to 55-60k... But I doub't anymore than that.

I am a blue collar worker, I am not the academic type. I went to community college to learn my trade(welding) so I do have some college experience although it was only 6 months. This is what I want to do. Am I succesful enough?

I would never pursue a more succesful woman who earns more money, but I do realise that blue collar working class guys are not as attractive for the average woman as a white collar office type worker. Just curious about womens view on this. What would you say is the minimum a man has to earn for you to be in a relationship with him?

And no, I'm not suggesting women only care about money. But I do realise that having a good job is important. And I'm not sure if mine qualifies as a good job in womens oppinion.

Give me a bluecollar worker over a whitecollar anyday! Bluecollars know the value of working hard for their money, they're not afraid to get dirty and did I mention the perks of the muscles they get WHILE on the job ^.^ Depending on where you live, (I come from a midsized city where 48k is a good income), I'd say from what little you've told us, you're a catch

For me I don't think I've ever thought of a "minimum" a guy should make... as long as he dosen't expect me to pay all his bills (unless of course it's a temporary unemployment situation inbetween jobs) then I am good with him.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:57 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,539 times
Quote:
I earn 48k per year, I could potentially earn more in the future like up to 55-60k... But I doub't anymore than that.

I am a blue collar worker, I am not the academic type. I went to community college to learn my trade(welding) so I do have some college experience although it was only 6 months. This is what I want to do. Am I succesful enough?

I would never pursue a more succesful woman who earns more money, but I do realise that blue collar working class guys are not as attractive for the average woman as a white collar office type worker. Just curious about womens view on this. What would you say is the minimum a man has to earn for you to be in a relationship with him?

And no, I'm not suggesting women only care about money. But I do realise that having a good job is important. And I'm not sure if mine qualifies as a good job in womens oppinion.
enough to pay rent, eat healthy stuff, buy what he wants... basically enough to be happy. which is at different amounts for diff folks

Old 07-01-2011, 11:00 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Yes but thats because most people my age study at university/college which will make them earn more money on average once they graduate, while I can't really expect to earn much more than 55-60k, if I become lets say a foreman or something like that. While those who graduate university can earn like a 100k and more.
On the other hand, some of them graduate with debt that can make your head spin and while you can eliminate it pretty fast in some professions, in many you can't, and you end up poor with a fancy worthless degree.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:00 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,112,482 times
Quote:
Oh yeah, that's the first question I ask a guy before deciding whether to date him. Second question is what kind of work? And, obviously, the last question down THIS line of questioning would be "Are you a nice guy?"

It's all about the money, baby.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:01 AM

220 posts, read 595,588 times
Quote:
Let's just say it's more than that. Then again, I'm 10 years older than you. You're making a pretty good living for yourself at 20 years old Mr.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:04 AM

242 posts, read 534,162 times
[quote=raptor-jesus;19836802]I earn 48k per year, I could potentially earn more in the future like up to 55-60k... But I doub't anymore than that.

/quote]

I went to college for 4 years, earned my Bachelor's Degree, moved home and started dating my current boyfriend, the man I want to marry. He is a welder, works 65+ hours a week, took classes at the community college for welding/blueprints, etc. and that is more than enough for me. He works hard for his money, and I appreciate that so much more than the work I do (boring white collar job!!!)

If that is the career path that you know you want to be in, do it. If a woman does not want to be with you because of the amount of money that you make (48k is a great btw), then you do not want to be with her in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships