Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 09:02 PM

22 posts, read 41,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Old school or new school a guy OR GAL should have the "balls" to just ask directly none of this putting it on the other person so that you don't run the risk of rejection

Straight to the point: the guy seems like a wuss.
Agree 100%, true man= no fear of rejection
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 11:40 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyturquoise View Post
A guy just ask me my plans for the weekend, and I replied, not much... now he tells me , What are we doing???? and i was taken by surprise and replied : I dont know??? Do you think he took it as a rejection, or is he testing the waters to see if I would suggest something. I am old school, and I prefer the guy to invite you and suggest where to go....Your opinion is appreciated.
He is a wishy-washy wet noodle who doesn't know that if he wants something he has actually ask for it. Otherwise the result is confusion.

[very inefficient]

Old 07-08-2011, 03:15 PM

22 posts, read 41,835 times
Do you think lady T that the guy is maybe intimidated by you??? Perhaps he is interested but afraid that if you say no, he will have to deal with that when he sees you. Do you work with him??? ... If yes, that could be the reason...anyways if he truly likes you, he will risk it..

Last edited by starz363; 07-08-2011 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: adding

Old 07-08-2011, 03:37 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
A guy just ask me my plans for the weekend, and I replied, not much... now he tells me , What are we doing???? and i was taken by surprise and replied : I dont know??? Do you think he took it as a rejection, or is he testing the waters to see if I would suggest something. I am old school, and I prefer the guy to invite you and suggest where to go....Your opinion is appreciated.
This isn't as complicated as people are making it out to be. Men ask women to go out in all sorts of ways. He may not be the kind of guy that says "Lets do it baby!". Or you may not be an easy read? Women that are a "Hard read" is what I run into most often. There's not some kind of cookie book response. He's interested in you or he would not have said anything. If you want to go out with him say "Yes", or "Yes, I'm available, what would you like to do?", or "Hasta la Vista baby", or "Is it clothing optional?" JK on the last one for u serious folks!

Some woman that are not approached that often have a really difficult time figuring out is a guy is interested in her or not. Not saying you aren't approached often, but I see it in some woman I know.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 07-08-2011 at 03:57 PM..

Old 07-10-2011, 06:06 PM

330 posts, read 599,416 times
He needs to man up and make a plan, and include YOU in that plan. If you really like him however then don't miss the boat, and say .. our plans are...

Old 01-03-2012, 08:51 PM

86 posts, read 359,630 times
Default follow up -6 months later

The guy asked me out for lunch, but he was friendly but not romantic, which seemed to me that he wanted a friend I guess. I was a bit disappointed because I was interested in him. So , I told him when he invited me to the movies that I will not go out any longer just as friends. He got a bit upset , but did not tell me that his interest was dating instead. Anyways, as you saw in my other thread, he wrote me a paper saying he would like to "marry me someday", I don't even think he was serious about this. Then, he reinitiates e-mailing randomly and texting, and I did reply out of respect and may be trying to see what he really wanted. Now, the guy, who I see at work regularly, seems to be friendly again with me, always in close proximity, and turned red as a tomato when I gave him a Merry Christmas hug. Guys and girls... what is up with him??? Why doesn't he tell me his true intentions? Because he behaves likes he is interested , but wants me just as a friend?

Old 01-03-2012, 08:55 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Ha i got a chuckle out of that line. "What are we doing?"

Old 01-03-2012, 08:59 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Seems like he just wanted to convey that he likes hanging out with you and would like to hang out with you but he doesn't really have an idea of what to do yet. He may want you to come up with an idea.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:37 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,021,053 times
Quote:
Straight to the point: the guy seems like a wuss.
Quote:
Beat me to it. Spineless.
Probably a psychopath as well. Have cats gone missing from your area? Probably him strangling them in his off hours.

Actually, too little info to go on to be making broad generalizations.
"What exactly are you getting at?" would solve this mystery.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:45 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,960 times
Quote:
Everybody is different in the way the way they approach people..
everyone has a distinct personality..
I thought it was pretty funny, I have had several guys in the past ask me like this however I knew they had funny and quirky personalities, so I have played along..my response always was, "Why? You asking me out?" therefore putting it back on them..
I am old school too but not to the point where I will not play around with them to see what it is that they are really asking.

Quote:
The guy asked me out for lunch, but he was friendly but not romantic, which seemed to me that he wanted a friend I guess. I was a bit disappointed because I was interested in him. So , I told him when he invited me to the movies that I will not go out any longer just as friends. He got a bit upset , but did not tell me that his interest was dating instead. Anyways, as you saw in my other thread, he wrote me a paper saying he would like to "marry me someday", I don't even think he was serious about this. Then, he reinitiates e-mailing randomly and texting, and I did reply out of respect and may be trying to see what he really wanted. Now, the guy, who I see at work regularly, seems to be friendly again with me, always in close proximity, and turned red as a tomato when I gave him a Merry Christmas hug. Guys and girls... what is up with him??? Why doesn't he tell me his true intentions? Because he behaves likes he is interested , but wants me just as a friend?
There are alot of guys whom are not "romantic" right awy and this does not mean they do not like you, alot of guys feel that being romantic oroverly romantic when they first meet a woman that this will scare them away..Perhaps this guy was trying to feel you out before proposing any romantic overtures that maybe were unwanted, playing it safe..
hmmm perhaps he got upset because he felt you were already assuming too much? Meaning before friends even came out of his mouth since there was only one date you already laidit out on the table instead of just allowing things to unravel normally...He has expressed interest in you serious or not, some guys will be flippant and joke to keep things light..
If you like him, just keep it light and see where it goes..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships