Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 02:11 PM

62 posts, read 74,320 times

Advertisements

We have gone out a few times. Last week, we texted back and forth about getting together this week, so today I texted him to see what the plan was:

Me: Do you want to go bowling or meet for dinner?

Him: Dinner sounds good

Me: Great! How about Saturday?

Him: I cant I have a meeting ...

Me: Ok Wednesday?

Him: I have plans plans...

Me: Ok what day works for you?

Him: I dont know yet

Me: Should we aim for next week instead?

Him: Possibly just not sure right now

Me: Ok well, why dont you text me later in the week and let me know ...

Him: Ok ... usually last minute works best

Me: Ok

I have to admit I was annoyed. Last week he said he was SURE he'd be free this week. Sorta seems like he was brushing me off, but at the beginning he wanted to meet for dinner... He also doesnt seem terribly interested in that Im always the one reaching out to him for plans.

I feel like he's not into me. Our first date was great, but the second was odd. He was cold and distant at first. Then he warmed up, and he even said he wanted to do it again cause he had such a great time. I kinda feel like the guy in this situation, and its annoying. I also feel like I came across as needy and annoying.

What's your take?

Anyway to fix this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 02:15 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Don't think about it, continue living your life, and let him make the next move (if there will be one).
If he never makes one, then he not into you.

(PS - it's always bad when you feel like the guy in the situation. might as well turn lesbian, lol)

Old 04-16-2013, 02:29 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,259 times
He sounds very detached and you seem more into him than he is to you. He's either playing hard to get or he's just not that interested.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:33 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katt85 View Post
We have gone out a few times. Last week, we texted back and forth about getting together this week, so today I texted him to see what the plan was:

Me: Do you want to go bowling or meet for dinner?

Him: Dinner sounds good

Me: Great! How about Saturday?

Him: I cant I have a meeting ...

Me: Ok Wednesday?

Him: I have plans plans...

Me: Ok what day works for you?

Him: I dont know yet

Me: Should we aim for next week instead?

Him: Possibly just not sure right now

Me: Ok well, why dont you text me later in the week and let me know ...

Him: Ok ... usually last minute works best

Me: Ok

I have to admit I was annoyed. Last week he said he was SURE he'd be free this week. Sorta seems like he was brushing me off, but at the beginning he wanted to meet for dinner... He also doesnt seem terribly interested in that Im always the one reaching out to him for plans.

I feel like he's not into me. Our first date was great, but the second was odd. He was cold and distant at first. Then he warmed up, and he even said he wanted to do it again cause he had such a great time. I kinda feel like the guy in this situation, and its annoying. I also feel like I came across as needy and annoying.

What's your take?

Anyway to fix this?
Yeah, tell him another hot guy just called, set up a date with you. He picked the restaurant and the bowling alley to bowl at.

Sorry but if he has plans all the time then so do you!!!

Old 04-16-2013, 02:34 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Can't be fixed unless he wants to fix it. Move on. If he calls you to set anything up, you'll be pleasantly surprised. But by then, you may have found someone who's more into you. Good luck. Keep looking.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:35 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
You shouldn't have to reach out that hard. He obviously has no interest in you anymore.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:35 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,814,317 times
Last minute works best? Hmph.... he's keeping his options open. move on.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:39 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
SOunds like a man who doesnt know how to make plans. According to CDR, proper type of man.
Im pretty sure youd prefer a guy who goes.

HIM: Thursday night, lets have dinner at XYZ, pick you up at 7.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:45 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,332 times
I think it's time to move on. If he really wanted to he would make time or at least say something better than it has to be last minute. You have a life too so why is it all about him.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:47 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Don't think about it, continue living your life, and let him make the next move (if there will be one).
If he never makes one, then he not into you.

(PS - it's always bad when you feel like the guy in the situation. might as well turn lesbian, lol)
This.

Move on as if he doesn't exist. Make plans, meet other guys. If he calls you, great. But don't contact him.

If he really wants to see you he'll make it happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships