Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 10:19 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,956,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starz363 View Post
Yes , I thought that those questions were kind of odd, came out the blue , during lunch, I thought he was just curious, but it felt like we were having a date without having a date really???
I'm really hesitating to make this post, because I don't want to give bad advice ...

Well, it's up to you whether you want to start communicating more directly or not (e.g. next time he makes you feel like you're on a date, tell him you feel like you're on a date --- or maybe you take the initiative and ask him if he'd like to spend any friendly time together outside of work, suggest coffee or something), since he seems to be unwilling to do that himself.

This is outside my element, as I've always worked with women who were already married. A few of them have been a little flirty at times, but I knew they were just lettin' their hair down a little on a slow day at work.

My "Lifetime Movie Network" experience tells me to be careful here, based on a few of the things said ... odd questions, him remembering every detail of what you've said and done, winking at you on day 1. But everyone knows what you see on that and on TV is a bunch of nonesense anyways.

So take my advice with a grain of salt, but I'm a little wary of all of this.

One question ... Have you noticed that he asks these personal questions to other people ?

I say this because we do have a guy at our workplace who's always asking everybody about their lives, and he remembers everything ... He also remembers every bit of trivia he's ever learned about the state of Pennsylvania.

So is your guy somebody like that, or does he seem to be focusing only on you ?

Again, I hate to say this when I know so few facts about it, and I'm not there to actually see it, but I don't get the best of vibes about your guy ...

Old 07-06-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
He's so into you.....ask him what he is doing this weekend and see what he says or if he invites you to join him somewhere..
Yeah, that's a good idea. It would be nice if he would take some initiative, and her asking that question gives him the chance to ...

I think there's no doubt here that he likes her. I'm just wondering if he's the kind of guy I'd want to have in my life, based on the strange way he's going about this.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:26 PM

22 posts, read 42,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I'm really hesitating to make this post, because I don't want to give bad advice ...

Well, it's up to you whether you want to start communicating more directly or not (e.g. next time he makes you feel like you're on a date, tell him you feel like you're on a date --- or maybe you take the initiative and ask him if he'd like to spend any friendly time together outside of work, suggest coffee or something), since he seems to be unwilling to do that himself.

This is outside my element, as I've always worked with women who were already married. A few of them have been a little flirty at times, but I knew they were just lettin' their hair down a little on a slow day at work.

My "Lifetime Movie Network" experience tells me to be careful here, based on a few of the things said ... odd questions, him remembering every detail of what you've said and done, winking at you on day 1. But everyone knows what you see on that and on TV is a bunch of nonesense anyways.

So take my advice with a grain of salt, but I'm a little wary of all of this.

One question ... Have you noticed that he asks these personal questions to other people ?

I say this because we do have a guy at our workplace who's always asking everybody about their lives, and he remembers everything ... He also remembers every bit of trivia he's ever learned about the state of Pennsylvania.

So is your guy somebody like that, or does he seem to be focusing only on you ?

Again, I hate to say this when I know so few facts about it, and I'm not there to actually see it, but I don't get the best of vibes about your guy ...
Although he is friendly to everyone, he asks these personal questions only towards me. He jokes around with everyone and likes to talk to people, but personal questions of this nature are directed to me. It seems that he wants to let me know where he goes after work without me asking, or he volunteers information about himself , like letting me know, he is single and available sort of thing. Always compliments my clothes or my work and never leaves without saying goodbye to me. These details make me suspect he has some interest, but his indirect approach is confusing , since he is a grown up man, who has been accomplished, and not that shy at all.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Although he is friendly to everyone, he asks these personal questions only towards me. He jokes around with everyone and likes to talk to people, but personal questions of this nature are directed to me. It seems that he wants to let me know where he goes after work without me asking, or he volunteers information about himself , like letting me know, he is single and available sort of thing. Always compliments my clothes or my work and never leaves without saying goodbye to me. These details make me suspect he has some interest, but his indirect approach is confusing , since he is a grown up man, who has been accomplished, and not that shy at all.
I don't think you need to only suspect that he has some interest. I am as certain as someone can be who's not there to see it that he's interested in you.

The question is whether you are interested in him, given that his behavior seems to bother you and seem strange to you ...

If not, you should let him know that you aren't interested. I'm not sure exactly how. But maybe one way as suggested by handog is to make clear you don't want him to touch your shoulder. Instead of threatening a lawsuit, perhaps I'd say, "please don't touch my shoulder" instead. If he knows you don't like him touching you, that should clarify that you aren't interested, I'd think, I'd hope ...

If you are interested, maybe you could say you'd like to meet him there next time he says where he's going to be after work. Or you could directly invite him somewhere after work. Or you could follow the more subtle approach suggested by LadyKLO.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:09 PM

22 posts, read 42,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
He's so into you.....ask him what he is doing this weekend and see what he says or if he invites you to join him somewhere..
I am very old schoold when it comes to dating, and I would prefer the guy to make the first move. To me if you take the initiave , you would never know if he was truly interested in you because you are leading the relationship. A man with no initiative is not "manly" in my eyes.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:10 PM

22,458 posts, read 29,640,968 times
He's interested..Are you into him?? If so, just mention you're free next weekend and see if he takes the bait..

Old 07-08-2011, 04:30 PM

31,354 posts, read 22,330,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
He's interested..Are you into him?? If so, just mention you're free next weekend and see if he takes the bait..
Agree with himain.

This is not really any different then LadyT's post. Guys obviously interested. He gives you extra attention that he's not giving your co-workers so he's not just throwing a line out to every woman in the place. If your interested go for it. It's not that difficult! He likes you, you like him, whats to figure out?

Old 07-08-2011, 10:15 PM

48,708 posts, read 35,181,558 times
Quote:
Yes , I thought that those questions were kind of odd, came out the blue , during lunch, I thought he was just curious, but it felt like we were having a date without having a date really???

I would just ask him "Are you just a curious guy or interviewing me for a potential date?" I'd ask him if he just had a form I could fill out at my leisure.

Of course I scared a lot of men away. Good way to weed through them.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:16 AM

576 posts, read 828,544 times
He sounds interested but then again he could be just being friendly. Some guys flirt all the time without even realizing it.Its hard to tell unless you ask him right out.From what you said he sounds interested.good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships