Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 10:35 PM

573 posts, read 971,014 times

Advertisements

I go to bars. Some friends I know used to debate that there are better things to do then hang out in a bar all the time, so I ask that eternal question, just where do you go to meet women when you get tired of the bar scene all the time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 11:20 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,644 times
Anywhere. I've always found for me personally the best gfs were originally friends or shared in a common interests. I don't drink or like bars or crowds, so I personally would not want to meet at a bar. Of course, people who like that environment would probably have success and enjoy it there.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:23 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Steve take up dancing. It turned me from a social misfit to a social butterfly. It turned me from having no girlfriends to having more then I can handle. And when I say girlfriends I don't mean anything more then friends (well maybe a few). And I'm not talking a stupid tiny wooden floor in the back of a dive bar. I'm talking real dance halls. The ladies out number the guys 3 to 1. Would you say that's pretty good odds? And they all just stand there waiting to be asked. and half of the guys never do ask. Where else can you hold a pretty lady close all night long and owe her nothing but a thank you? I got so involved that I now teach. If I told you how many wonderful ladies ask ME out you might think I was lying or exaggerating so I won't.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:20 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Steve take up dancing. It turned me from a social misfit to a social butterfly. It turned me from having no girlfriends to having more then I can handle. And when I say girlfriends I don't mean anything more then friends (well maybe a few). And I'm not talking a stupid tiny wooden floor in the back of a dive bar. I'm talking real dance halls. The ladies out number the guys 3 to 1. Would you say that's pretty good odds? And they all just stand there waiting to be asked. and half of the guys never do ask. Where else can you hold a pretty lady close all night long and owe her nothing but a thank you? I got so involved that I now teach. If I told you how many wonderful ladies ask ME out you might think I was lying or exaggerating so I won't.
This is true. I know it for a fact. And I don't even dance.

Another good way is to meet other guys (or other girls if you are a girl) and then meet everyone they know. Expand the social circle.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:33 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Facebook.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:10 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
I'll vouch for the dancing and I never have to set foot in a bar with that unless I want to. There are many different kinds of dancing too, so if you're envisioning swing or salsa and don't want to do that, you don't have to. I go for contra dancing, which is kind of like square dancing and takes less skill than square or swing or line dancing. (Important for me, lol)

Old 07-10-2011, 06:32 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,535 times
Pretty much everyday life. Bars are usually one of the worst places to meet girls. Especially if you're an introverted personality. Alcohol clouds things, so 80% of the time you might not be meeting the true person

Old 07-10-2011, 07:04 AM

8,952 posts, read 20,372,776 times
This (in red) is true, but......
When I was single and looking, I'd go to a nightclub on Friday/Saturday night and basically have a ball. I have an outgoing personality, so that did help. I learned to 2-step and Texas Swing, and was good at it.......I've got very good rhythm to music! And, I spent out the money for Wrangler jeans, boots and a nice Resistol hat. I even went futher than that, I got involved with pro-rodeo working with a Stock Contractor and learned to rope (horse, saddle, rope)! I also, done a few Personal Ads in local magazines........how I met my wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Pretty much everyday life. Bars are usually one of the worst places to meet girls. Especially if you're an introverted personality. Alcohol clouds things, so 80% of the time you might not be meeting the true person

Old 07-10-2011, 08:38 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
This (in red) is true, but......
When I was single and looking, I'd go to a nightclub on Friday/Saturday night and basically have a ball. I have an outgoing personality, so that did help. I learned to 2-step and Texas Swing, and was good at it.......I've got very good rhythm to music! And, I spent out the money for Wrangler jeans, boots and a nice Resistol hat. I even went futher than that, I got involved with pro-rodeo working with a Stock Contractor and learned to rope (horse, saddle, rope)! I also, done a few Personal Ads in local magazines........how I met my wife!
If you were a girl I'd be all over you. You just described my current life and what I love. The cowboy dress code, rodeo, barrel racing, and most of all dancing 6 nights per week. True I have no normal life at this moment but dancing is my life. And there ain't nothing in this world like a good ol Texas Cowgirl to 2-step and polka with. And any Cowgirl will tell you they love Cowboys.

Dancing and now teaching dancing has made me friends that I could not have dreamed for in 10 lifetimes. The truest expression of a persons personality and emotions are in the dance they dance. Bodies never lie!!!

Old 07-10-2011, 12:28 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Bar scene is hectic. You never know the types of cliques that will show up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships