Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 05:48 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,721,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamisweetheart View Post
1. Avoiding eye contact- everytime he looks at me I look away
2.Whenever he calls or txt I ignore and take long to reply
3.Tell him I want to hang then cancel plans with them
4. Pretend that I am not interested in anything he says
5. Bring my friends whenever we meet up
6. Talk about other men when I'm around him

I don't think thats hard to get at all. It just seems irritating. Why be fake and have a goal of being a crappy person in your false personality? How is he even suppose to get to know the real you if you act like this anyway? I think this kinda attitude is more likely to get you used for a one night stand than anything else. Hot or not.

Why don't you try:
1. smile softly instead of the look away
2. txt back and never ignore - thats just lame to ignore someone
3. how about showing up. No one wants a flake.
4.men love it when women are interested in what they do. Your take is a turn off
5.brings friends unannounced is kinda rude
6.talk about points of interest instead of people. You way makes you seem kinda skanky boy crazy and like compensation for something

Old 07-19-2011, 05:55 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,692,239 times
One, I don't like games. I see them as immature and for the shallow. If you are willing to try and manipulate a situation or person right from the start, more than likely you'll resort to other games in a relationship and further down the road.

Secondly, I tend to misread hard to get as "not interested" and I'm not one to waste my time. So I immediately move on. For every girl I'm attracted too, or like, I need wait only a few minutes for one that is equal or better on the surface to walk by. Surface, because I don't know you as a person. And as far as beauty on the inside, I wouldn't know, you're too busy playing hard to get for me to see.

Playing hard to get sends the message that you are not straight forward or honest. Because, to play hard to get, you have to lie. You have to manipulate situations. Negative personality traits. Negative actions. Why do I want to be involved with someone who right off the bat is doing these things? Ultimately, why waste time chasing someone that more than likely, based on the law of averages, isn't going to be worth your time. Lets face it, more relationships fail than succeed. There are far more duds in the world than winners. That goes for both genders.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:59 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,692,239 times
Quote:
Everything on that list is childish, shallow and immature. Any guy willing to put up with you long enough to allow you to do half those has no self esteem, and would probably be a perfect match for you.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:17 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,088,751 times
You are never going to score yourself a real man if you play games like this! Seriously, even my 11 and 12yr old boys won't put up with this crap!

I like Opsi's list much better! You could learn a thing or two there.

You want to find out how far they will go for you, why??? You want them to jump through hoops for what??? I'm sorry, I don't know any man that would want to be treated like crap just to get a girl.

I think you serioulsy need to take some time to mature, then try the dating scene again.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:17 PM

454 posts, read 596,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
You're a monster!
I am not

Old 07-19-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
If you think about it, women play hard to get. Same reason why they are not known to be forward or brave when it comes to relationships. Therefore, they rely on hints, sending messages with someone, body language, signs, etc.
Thank you

Old 07-19-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Going on a limb here but, most men played that version of Yahtzee 40 years ago....got to have more than playing hard to get to get anyone's interest nowadays. Didn't know there were any of you left out there...amazing....

Nah....we live in a fast-food-pleasure society. Here today, gone later today....busy busy busy....heck, even some DMV's are getting streamlined. And who ever thought that was possible? No, for our money, we are going to give you your 15 seconds of self-appointed fame and that's about it.....then, we are off to your friends if for no other reason than to see YOUR face when you see OUR faces appear on Facebook. Complete with pressed smiles and poses only a teeny bopping college kid could love......

Nope. Just can't do it anymore....better to have loved and lost....your friends, than to put up with the spin on your head routine....anymore....

But hey, that's just me. You know, if I had to give an opinion....juuuuuust spit-balling here.....listen Illiana, better to get off the dime and nab Javier before he's off with Raquel, your soon-to-be-ex-best-friend-forever!!!

Egads.....:smac k:
I wish I could understand what you are trying to say

Old 07-19-2011, 06:20 PM

406 posts, read 581,201 times
OP is just looking for those to back her. She has no intentions on changing.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:21 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,651,593 times
He's trying to say that it's no good playing those games

Old 07-19-2011, 06:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,907,987 times
Quote:
This would **** me off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships