Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 10:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna777 View Post
....like 50 yr olds converting back to being 12
They're not converting. They ARE 12!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 10:13 PM

154 posts, read 392,108 times
dave,

he did not really know my friend...He had spent an hour around her with a co-worker, partially getting to know her. She does text very ditzy stuff, so maybe that turned him off. She said he exchanged a few texts, before never following up again. But then again she said he didnt even text her back, when she text her number to him....for like...I think she said 3 days! Makes no sense and I keep hearing these simular stories, only that the men are over 40 yrs old, is the only thing I can think it the prob. Maybe he though she would be immature and not worth the risk of making a bad situation with a friends friend.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:14 PM

Once again he knew how she was upon giving her his business card and asking her out.

Its just hard for me to understand men that old, not knowing what they want. Are the menopausal and confused or what?

Old 07-21-2011, 10:21 PM

530 posts, read 779,995 times
There must be alot of reasons why the guy(s) wouldn't follow through, old guy or not. Maybe they should just pick a reason that sounds good to them then just fagetaboutit, and carry on. Plenty of other old men out there.
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2011, 10:33 PM

i guess guys have second thoughts after getting a number, like girls do after giving one. I never expected that, since it is more work to ask for anumber than give one. Sierra your link made sense thanks.

Once again I realize men and women are more alike than I thought! wow.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:36 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
Quote:
dave,

he did not really know my friend...He had spent an hour around her with a co-worker, partially getting to know her. She does text very ditzy stuff, so maybe that turned him off. She said he exchanged a few texts, before never following up again. But then again she said he didnt even text her back, when she text her number to him....for like...I think she said 3 days! Makes no sense and I keep hearing these simular stories, only that the men are over 40 yrs old, is the only thing I can think it the prob. Maybe he though she would be immature and not worth the risk of making a bad situation with a friends friend.
Lots of possibilities, I've given a couple of key ones. I'm early 30's so IDK for men that age, but men are men regardless of the age.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:48 PM

I heard guys close to 50 can be insecure with younger women, like about their penis or stomach , ect....Maybe he rethought how an attractive 20 something would view him naked or hs performance. Ive never heard of a guy under 40 not calling back, it is norm these days for a guy to call the same day, go out the same night...and let it go where ever it goes.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
I heard guys close to 50 can be insecure with younger women, like about their penis or stomach , ect....Maybe he rethought how an attractive 20 something would view him naked or hs performance. Ive never heard of a guy under 40 not calling back, it is norm these days for a guy to call the same day, go out the same night...and let it go where ever it goes.
Why was your attractive 20 year old friend so interested in him?

Old 07-21-2011, 10:58 PM

591 posts, read 866,489 times
Yes, my take is: the guy being close to 50, he doesn't believe that younger women will hookup just for sex, he imagines having to wine and dine them and eventually hearing her telling him no after 5 dates - because that's how it was dating back in the day. He is not seeing a slam dunk whatsoever (because back in the day a 50-something pursuing a younger person was really taking his chances the cops would be called for him being creepola) and perhaps he half-way imagines that she DOES think he's a creep, and perhaps the number she gave is a phony one.

Perhaps her hints are too subtle, if she wants sex she should just be direct.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Blues View Post
if she wants sex she should just be direct.
Or get someone more her age. Chances are his performance will be better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships