Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 12:49 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times

Advertisements

It never seems to really be about their personality but looks the majority of the time

Ive seen women call guys creepy who seemed like normal guys approaching and talking to them then id aks the girl if its something said or did and she would say no he just seemed creepy

Ive never heard a girl call a good looking guy approaching her creepy and theyrs times the guy came off as a socially awkard creep..Hed probably have to ask to lick her shoes or soemthing for any creepy word to be used..

So ladies do you think sometimes you judge creepiness more by how the guy looks then actually creepy behavior?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 01:15 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
I go with both. I've had a really good looking guy invade my space before and it was very creepy. It's all about boundaries for me.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:16 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I go with both. I've had a really good looking guy invade my space before and it was very creepy. It's all about boundaries for me.
But was this after you got to know him or at first sight?

At first sight creepiness is usually judged by looks

Old 11-27-2009, 01:18 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Just a chance meet in public while I was out with a friend. He was good looking and I think he assumed he could get by on that. No thank you.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:51 PM

85 posts, read 227,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
But was this after you got to know him or at first sight?

At first sight creepiness is usually judged by looks
This is very true indeed.... We are all shallow in some way...

Old 11-27-2009, 01:57 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Default When women call certain guys who approach them "creepy"

Being creepy is a combination of both looks and personality. And yes, a good looking man can come across as creepy from a distance. Like if he is obviously ogling other women as in staring at their breasts. A person's body language is very telling, as is the expressions on their face. So don't go thinking that women only think ugly guys creepy. Or that good looking guys can get away with anything.

Creepy could also be a much older man leering at teen girls or young women in a sexual way. Like Hugh Hefner. But ever George Clooney shouldn't be eyeing 20 year olds without being thought creepy imo.

And creepy can be getting a sexual come on from any man that we wouldn't dream of sleeping with. That's why it's best to approach a woman in a more neutrally friendly manner first, then if you think you are getting a green light, turn up the charm. So to start off the first conversation with a pretty woman by saying "Hey there sexy momma" is usually not a good idea, and in the old days, you'd get your face slapped... even if you looked like Brad Pitt.

Old 11-27-2009, 02:01 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times
Asking women and observing women tend to be very different things.

What I've mostly heard when asking is "it depends".

What I've observed is that blatant behaviours aside (panting, shoe-licking, overt sweating and/or drooling), the real difference lies in whether she's interested or not. The exact same behaviours from two different guys can be labeled "sweet" from one and "creepy" from the other.

Old 11-27-2009, 02:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
The exact same behaviours from two different guys can be labeled "sweet" from one and "creepy" from the other.
That's true. I'm one of those pesky women who admit such things.

Old 11-27-2009, 02:14 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
The exact same behaviours from two different guys can be labeled "sweet" from one and "creepy" from the other.

That would make such a guy a "SWEEPY" person.

Old 11-27-2009, 02:53 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Sometimes it's looks but most times it's the way they talk or look at you and there is an uneasiness that isn't under the catagory of simple awkwardness and then there's that undeniable 6th sense that gives you the feeling he's hiding people in his basement or something and you could be next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships