Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:37 AM

39 posts, read 114,044 times

Advertisements

My husband has been deployed for the past 10 months and his job overseas is one that keeps him indoors all day long. He works with mainly women and I don't trust them - for reasons I can't post on here. I've had to deal with my husband being buddy-buddy with these women and it's been hard, even though I was never a jealous person before. Anyway, my husband will be coming home soon and what's the first thing he wants to do when he sees me? Give his friend a ride to the airport because "she needs a rental and doesn't know anyone there." He's coming in with dozens of people that don't know anyone and won't have vehicles. I think it's weird that he wants to literally get off the plane and then get into a car with me and her and have me drive her to the airport? What kind of homecoming is that?!? Am I being ridiculous by thinking that is wrong?

Old 08-01-2011, 09:41 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,142 times
Tough one. However when I put myself in your shoes. I would be fuming as well. I would start with calmly trying to explain your feelings to him. If he gets defensive, I'd have to question him about it a little further, it's obvious there are trust issues already, maybe time for some serious questions for yourself.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:42 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
People should always try to help other people.

Last edited by JustJulia; 08-01-2011 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: Personal attack.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:45 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylijah View Post
My husband has been deployed for the past 10 months and his job overseas is one that keeps him indoors all day long. He works with mainly women and I don't trust them - for reasons I can't post on here. I've had to deal with my husband being buddy-buddy with these women and it's been hard, even though I was never a jealous person before. Anyway, my husband will be coming home soon and what's the first thing he wants to do when he sees me? Give his friend a ride to the airport because "she needs a rental and doesn't know anyone there." He's coming in with dozens of people that don't know anyone and won't have vehicles. I think it's weird that he wants to literally get off the plane and then get into a car with me and her and have me drive her to the airport? What kind of homecoming is that?!? Am I being ridiculous by thinking that is wrong?
Maybe there is some overreaction here. At least he invited you to ride with them. Give her a ride to get her car and move on to enjoy your husband's safe homecoming.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:55 AM

39 posts, read 114,044 times
Thank you Round4 and Blondiel! There are trust issues involved, but that's because this woman I was volunteered to drive has been...eh, just imagine the worst

Old 08-01-2011, 10:41 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,142 times
Quote:
Thank you Round4 and Blondiel! There are trust issues involved, but that's because this woman I was volunteered to drive has been...eh, just imagine the worst

Then my anwser would be "she can call herself a cab and you call yourself a lawyer"

Cheaters are cheaters. (you said imagine the worst.)

Old 08-01-2011, 10:50 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,900 times
Quote:
I don't blame you. I wouldn't want to ride in a car with a serial killer, either.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:22 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Your thread is way too cryptic. We don't know if there's been a history between your husband and this woman, or if you are just speculating the worst based on her behavior with other men. We don't know if there has been a history of mistrust between you and your husband either. Too many unknown variables here. If your husband has been true to you all these years, then give him the benefit of the doubt. It's not unusual for military members want to help one another out, especially after a long deployment. On the other hand, if this girl has given you real (not imagined) reasons to think she and your husband have a "thing" for one another, then explain your concerns to your husband and let him know she should find a ride from someone else. Then, start working on building some trust in your marriage.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:27 AM

270 posts, read 968,144 times
Quote:
What kind of homecoming is that?!? Am I being ridiculous by thinking that is wrong?
Trust your instincts. My dad cheated on my mom in a similar fashion. My dad went off on a business trip and then drove back with a woman who pretended to be my mom's friend. Lay down the law with you husband.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:48 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
this woman I was volunteered to drive has been...eh, just imagine the worst

Pop the trunk..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships