Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 02:03 PM

538 posts, read 1,522,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Your thread is way too cryptic.
It's intentionally worded so that the people replying will be on her side. She is looking for confirmation for her feelings, not advice.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:15 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,112,482 times
Not enough info to say anything besides:

Give the friend a ride! Sheesh, the friend has been overseas also!

Old 08-01-2011, 02:41 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylijah View Post
My husband has been deployed for the past 10 months and his job overseas is one that keeps him indoors all day long. He works with mainly women and I don't trust them - for reasons I can't post on here. I've had to deal with my husband being buddy-buddy with these women and it's been hard, even though I was never a jealous person before. Anyway, my husband will be coming home soon and what's the first thing he wants to do when he sees me? Give his friend a ride to the airport because "she needs a rental and doesn't know anyone there." He's coming in with dozens of people that don't know anyone and won't have vehicles. I think it's weird that he wants to literally get off the plane and then get into a car with me and her and have me drive her to the airport? What kind of homecoming is that?!? Am I being ridiculous by thinking that is wrong?
Okay....you said he works mainly with women and you don't trust THEM. You're not saying you don't trust your husband though, right? Seriously, how would it make YOU feel if you were deployed elsewhere, you had a male person whom you had become friends with and your husband said NO to giving your friend a ride, just because he was a male.

I know you want to see your husband, but just because you're insecure, do you really want to "insult" and embarrass your husband by refusing this person a ride? Wow, just put yourself in his shoes. Maybe he thought his wife would be cool and bragged you up to this woman, how wonderful you are, "Oh SURE, my wife's GREAT! She wouldn't mind giving you a ride at ALL!" Again, put yourself in his shoes. Do you not trust your husband?...because that's what your actions are saying.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:50 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,582,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I would think it's more of wanting a little privacy w/ your spouse after they've been gone forever and a day...but then there's this woman standing there watching and getting into your car with you guys. Kind of puts a damper on reuniting with anybody having a 3rd wheel around..
Were they planning to have sex right there in the parking lot of the airport? I mean, geeze, he's just asking that they give the friend a ride to the other airport so she can get a car. Then they'll have forever and a day to "reunite" and celebrate being together again.

I can understand wanting that, but I don't think it's a huge enough issue to be rude to this friend of his and strand her in a strange city and ask her to get an expensive cab ride. Wouldn't the OP want someone to do the same for her husband if he was in a strange city where he had no friends?

Old 08-01-2011, 02:53 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post
It's intentionally worded so that the people replying will be on her side. She is looking for confirmation for her feelings, not advice.
Exactly!

Old 08-01-2011, 03:06 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h886 View Post
Were they planning to have sex right there in the parking lot of the airport? I mean, geeze, he's just asking that they give the friend a ride to the other airport so she can get a car. Then they'll have forever and a day to "reunite" and celebrate being together again.

I can understand wanting that, but I don't think it's a huge enough issue to be rude to this friend of his and strand her in a strange city and ask her to get an expensive cab ride. Wouldn't the OP want someone to do the same for her husband if he was in a strange city where he had no friends?
Exactly...what if her husband were stranded after deployment and needed a ride to a commercial airport, but his female shipmate's spouse refused to give him a ride, JUST because he was a male. So maybe her husband shared that this shipmate had exhibited some "unbecoming conduct" with others...that doesn't mean that she's done so with her husband.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:08 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylijah View Post
My husband has been deployed for the past 10 months and his job overseas is one that keeps him indoors all day long. He works with mainly women and I don't trust them - for reasons I can't post on here. I've had to deal with my husband being buddy-buddy with these women and it's been hard, even though I was never a jealous person before. Anyway, my husband will be coming home soon and what's the first thing he wants to do when he sees me? Give his friend a ride to the airport because "she needs a rental and doesn't know anyone there." He's coming in with dozens of people that don't know anyone and won't have vehicles. I think it's weird that he wants to literally get off the plane and then get into a car with me and her and have me drive her to the airport? What kind of homecoming is that?!? Am I being ridiculous by thinking that is wrong?
Yeh...its odd. I would think it was odd male or female. What capable adult needs their hand held to rent a car? WTF? I would be paranoid he is trying to be too open in order to conceal whats truly going on. Truth or not I would still wonder it. But you know how that old saying goes...keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I would just do it and read them. Maybe who he is won't workout for your long term happiness. Job is a problem, past behaviors are a problem, him dumping this type of stuff on you is annoying to you. What else? Why stay if everything he is, is a problem for you?

Old 08-01-2011, 04:46 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
I agree, this thread is just too cryptic. There is nothing in the opening post which leads me to believe the husband is being untoward in any way. We need the full story in order to properly comment.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:46 PM

39 posts, read 114,044 times
Listen, I couldn't care less about "having people on my side." Despite my insecurities, I don't need approval from people I don't know. That's just weird. I was just looking for unbiased advice. I don't feel I need to say anything else about that.

Some of your guys advice was great and I appreciate that. Especially Blondiel, who flat out told me I might be over-reacting.

I took care if it though and wont go into further detail about the woman because I am mainly paranoid about the wrong people seeing it. I'm not trying to get anyone fired over there.

Thanks everyone

Old 08-02-2011, 04:50 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
OP lhas resolved the problem.. closed per request
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships