Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2012, 12:10 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,727 times

Advertisements

feel free to help me with yoga and some poses, and even talk me into doing it nude for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 02:05 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,270 times
How many guys would actually say no to a woman who approached them? I wonder what the odds of rejection are for women vs. men. I bet the rejection rate for men approaching women is like 80%, women approaching men is probably 20% if that. What do you ladies have to lose?

Old 09-11-2012, 04:01 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
How many guys would actually say no to a woman who approached them? I wonder what the odds of rejection are for women vs. men. I bet the rejection rate for men approaching women is like 80%, women approaching men is probably 20% if that. What do you ladies have to lose?
Really? That's what you think? When you think of a woman hitting on you - is she hot? What if she's not hot? What if she's overweight and has bad skin. You still think the rate is 20%?

Old 09-11-2012, 04:05 PM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Some women approach guys all the time, like Jet Jockey. They lose out most of the time. And it's not even about being overweight or having bad skin. It's simply about not being someone's "type". Guys brush women off all the time, as women do guys. Look around the grocery store or DMV sometime. How many of the women there within your age range would you be interested in if they approached you?

Get real. Serious reality check time.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:38 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Some women approach guys all the time, like Jet Jockey.
Sure, there are a few women here and there that might dare themselves to ask a man out that is not their husband, long time boyfriend, or guy who has taken them out for a long time. But we can’t deny the fact that women are still a long way to go to say they ask men out as much as men ask women out. But hey, for those few that do, cool, keep it up. And for those that don’t, hey, that’s how they like to do it, go for it.

Quote:
They lose out most of the time
This is an assumption women make until they try asking men out (not the husband, boyfriend, long time date, etc.). But what we usually her specially around here is women who complain because they got rejected once and they thought it was the end of the world. Women should suck it up the same way they tell men to do so when they get rejected, shake the dust off, and move on to the next guy they find attractive, interesting, etc.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:47 PM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
This is an assumption women make until they try asking men out (not the husband, boyfriend, long time date, etc.). But what we usually her specially around here is women who complain because they got rejected once and they thought it was the end of the world. Women should suck it up the same way they tell men to do so when they get rejected, shake the dust off, and move on to the next guy they find attractive, interesting, etc.
You're changing the subject. I was responding to ipfan's post, who said women only get rejected about 20% of the time. It's the vast majority of the time. And women do suck it up. That's just life. It's so routine that there's no need to post endless threads (or any threads) here on it. Grow up, y'all.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:07 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I was responding to ipfan's post, who said women only get rejected about 20% of the time. It's the vast majority of the time. And women do suck it up. That's just life. It's so routine that there's no need to post endless threads (or any threads) here on it.
I am not sure if women suck it up when they share here how they completely stopped asking men out when ONE GUY rejected them. If men thought the same way no guy would be asking any female poster out. Can’t really find out if women get rejected the vast majority of the time if women do not ask men out the vast majority of the time. We can’t deny the fact that women are still way behind when it comes to asking out. But sure, there are some women out there who have asked men out (not a husband, boyfriend, long time date, etc.). Can’t say yet that women ask men as much and as often as the other way around but we may get there someday.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:39 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,270 times
80%?? Women really get rejected 80% of the time? Wow, i am sorry to hear that. No wonder you don't want to make the first move.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
80%?? Women really get rejected 80% of the time? Wow, i am sorry to hear that. No wonder you don't want to make the first move.
I've never been rejected - but my point was that it's not accurate to say that women succeed almost all the time and men succeed almost never. It really depends on the person.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:41 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
My rejection rate is probably around 98% at this point, haha. 80% would be an improvement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships