Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2007, 07:09 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

rofl hif
nope not going to take the rap for that one !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 07:57 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,810 times
Default We are alive!

We're alive!
But it was a close call yesterday night- we we're no more than an inch from driving straight into a gigant cow moose! It was scary, and I proved the theory that no matter what language you speak all day, you'll still cuss in your native language when you're scared. Oh yeah. To quote Ranceo, I "cussed like a truck driver". But it was an expereince
Oh, and we've seen bears and more moose crossing our road.
I'm a bit stressed at the moment because we're in a store in Tok (which in Swedish means "a silly" so I'm having some fun with this town's name) where' we got 10 minutes of free Internet time with any purchase. It's a souvenir store, so yes, we have purchase...
Lot's of Starbucks here (Rance has still to take me there though. Hm, Karla, are you by any chance up for a cup?). Come on over! And they've got lots and lots of pancakes- with syrup! (Yes, I like syrop on them, and my friends in Sweden will think I'm nuts...)
Rance says hi! Time's up! Have a blast until next time and always!

(P.S. Ranceo is more than a farily good driver- you should have seen how he swirled around that moose!)

Hugs to you all!

Old 08-27-2007, 08:34 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
I'm laughing so hard right now!! Your words are so descriptive that I can imagine the scene in the car with that moose- and although I don't know any swedish swear words, I think I can imagine them.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:10 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,785,113 times
Oh, what beautiful photos!! Thank you for sharing them!!

But why does Sweden have "ambivalent and indecisive" under her name??

Hannah, I know you and Rance are friends, and dare I be the one to ask if there are any "sparks?" It's so difficult to tell from the photos.

At any rate, the photos are gorgeous -- and so are the both of you!!

I hope that this is the beginning of a wonderful "love," but if not, a life-long friendship. You are so lucky to have met each other across the globe!

More photos, more photos!!

Old 08-27-2007, 10:31 PM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,079,599 times
Thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures and your trip's highlights!
What a wonderful vacation for you both & now Karla & hubby.
Travel safely and enjoy all God's Blessings way up there!

Old 08-28-2007, 03:36 AM

Sweden
I don;t drink coffee but hubby loves starbucks. I am sure after our 13 or 14 hours of travel he would love to have a starbucks when we get off the plane.
I am sure they have to have one at the airport or somewhere as we drive through Anchorage.
I guess the moose and bears heard you wanted to see them
great job rancearoo with handling the "man van" during your close encounter with the moose.
We are getting excited, actually I am in "omg we leave in 2 day I am not packed and have a tons of things to do why didn't I start earlier" panic mode lol

See you guys in 2 1/2 days

Karla

Old 08-28-2007, 07:28 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Sweden
I don;t drink coffee but hubby loves starbucks. I am sure after our 13 or 14 hours of travel he would love to have a starbucks when we get off the plane.
I am sure they have to have one at the airport or somewhere as we drive through Anchorage.
I guess the moose and bears heard you wanted to see them
great job rancearoo with handling the "man van" during your close encounter with the moose.
We are getting excited, actually I am in "omg we leave in 2 day I am not packed and have a tons of things to do why didn't I start earlier" panic mode lol

See you guys in 2 1/2 days

Karla
OMG, Karla....in 2 days already??
Wow......time flies, that's for sure. You guys must be getting SOOOOOOOO excited!!!
I think that is so cool....Sweden and "Ranceo" are livin' it up, running over moose, tearing up the towns....ROTFL.....and Karla and hubby are going to add to the party.
Let me put it this way...the towns you guys will visit, will NEVER BE THE SAME........AFTER you leave....ROTFL!!!!
Ahem.....wonder if you guys will make the headline news......
Have a good trip, stay safe, and have THE BEST TIME EVER.....and tell us ALL about it!

Old 08-28-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
OMG, Karla....in 2 days already??
Wow......time flies, that's for sure. You guys must be getting SOOOOOOOO excited!!!
I think that is so cool....Sweden and "Ranceo" are livin' it up, running over moose, tearing up the towns....ROTFL.....and Karla and hubby are going to add to the party.
Let me put it this way...the towns you guys will visit, will NEVER BE THE SAME........AFTER you leave....ROTFL!!!!
Ahem.....wonder if you guys will make the headline news......
Have a good trip, stay safe, and have THE BEST TIME EVER.....and tell us ALL about it!
lol why do I have a feeling rance and my hubby will try to pretend they are not with sweden and me at times

I just got the coolest surprise for rance and sweden but I can't tell cause they read these posts lol

We are taking the laptop so if the ship doesn't charge an arm and leg to go online I might be able to post pictures of the gathering or hey lol I can always look for the free online with purchase deal sweden found

karla

Old 08-28-2007, 07:40 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
How did I miss this thread?

You guys look like you are having a great time. Thanks for sharing!

Oh, may we see a pic of the friendship ring, please??

Old 08-29-2007, 04:29 AM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
But why does Sweden have "ambivalent and indecisive" under her name??
Uhm...Well...I just couldn't decide on what word I wanted to use, so I just used both Kind of proves the point, right? (Plus Ranceo didn't know what ambivalent meant, so I wanted to teach him a new word...Do you know how difficult it is to explain an English word to an English speaking? Never tried that before... How do you explain condescending?)

Oh, Karla, there will be plenty of Starbucks going through Anchorage. The problem will be to make Rancy stop at one of them (believe me, I've tried!)

I should NOT tell you the cuss words I used...I tried to explain to our...more than fairly good driver what they meant...Hm, I guess he did not appreciate it... Well, he asked!
(I just spent 5 minutes talking about a contest I won a couple of years ago to try to talk him into letting me draw the blueprint for the "adding to the house"- he's trying to sleep because it's 2:22 and we've been up since 7 am, oops... Poor thing... Why did I write this again? It had a point somewhere along the way across the keyboard, but I must have lost it, sorry...It would probably be far fetched anyway...I'm babbling...)

To make an end to this highly unusable post...The Palmer fare was cool, everyone should go there, and the scenery is awesome! And the attractions too (if only Ranceo wouldn't have rocked that ferris wheel seat! Morr!), especially the slingshot! From 0 to about 90 in just a second or two, and straight up into the air, like a yard or so. Awesome! Oh yeah, Rance was pretty happy...Anyone up for a trip to Palmer?

I better go. My host is sleeping three feet away (I'm learning the feet-system!) and we have a day full of chores tomorrow. Have to get ready for our guests

Night all!

P.S. Karla, remember these words: Diamond mall, Walmart, bookstore (I am SOOOO going to teach mr Alaskan wildman some geography!) and Girdwood. And Starbucks too, of course. But, I don't like coffee- can I get some tea instead?
And what is that surprise! We want to know!

Bed is calling and Internet is slow. See y'all in the morning! (Rance would probably say goodnight too, but I am afraid it would be a bit cruel of me to wake him up just to ask)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships