Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 10:45 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Hey guys!!!

Long time long speak! Hope everyone is doing okay!

Have you guys ever been uninvited to the wedding before? Basically my co-worker and a friend is getting married next month. She had invited me, my husband and Max to the wedding that she is doing in her big backyard. I had RSVPd that we are all coming. Today, she stopped by my desk and told me that she has to cut down on guests because she has more family coming from out of state than she expected. She asked me if it would be okay for me to come by myself, without my husband and son.
I was little taken aback. I understand her circumstances, so I ended it up telling her that I won't be joining her to the wedding and will just take her and her husband out to celebrate. It is upsetting to me that she uninvited my family, especially since my husband had to say "no" to a job for that night because he was planning on going to her wedding.
Pretty distasteful... particularly if she did it only to you... Do you know if she "uninvited" other people as well?

You're too generous, MM. I wouldn't take her out for any celebrations...

Old 10-27-2011, 10:49 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
@Phil, I lived on an island and the nearest baby stuff place is over an hour away on the mainland. I have never been in one. As married we played to our strengths, each handling what we were good at or knew about. My wife was in charge of baby things. My time on the ground may be short in their area so I'm trying to hit the ground running. lol
Totally understood.

I'm just channeling back to shopping for my two sons - I learned not to rely on the young girls. The older ladies, yeah, if they were there, but the young ones as a rule knew nothing. I haven't had to shop for little ones in quite some time though, so I'm afraid I can't offer any better advice.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:17 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You're too generous, MM.
I was thinking this is why she was chosen. Why pick the person who will make a stink when you can choose the kind considerate soul who will not?

Old 10-27-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
I was thinking this is why she was chosen. Why pick the person who will make a stink when you can choose the kind considerate soul who will not?
I sense that to you the behavior is acceptable and those to whom it isn't are at fault, which I find strange, to say the least... In any event, I didn't say I'd make a stink, but the disrespectful and inconsiderate behavior would most certainly be taken into consideration in the future.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:46 PM

You sense incorrectly. That was sarcasm aimed at people who probably would not have done this if they didn't have an easy victim and had to face their behavior called out. Everything a fisherman hates. I suppose I should have thrown a rolleye emoticon in there and that is my bad.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:48 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times
Thanks everyone...I do feel upset a little bit about the way it was handled. It was a bit tacky and inconsiderate. I simply think that it was just a horrible planning on her part. Why invite more people than you can handle? And since I am the only one with the spouse who was invited, only my family ended up being uninvited. I am not sure if others are bringing their dates.

Quote:
I see what you mean...someone else may have been really nasty about it and embarrass her in the office, instead she knew that I will gracefully accept it and even be nice in return.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
You sense incorrectly. That was sarcasm aimed at people who probably would not have done this if they didn't have an easy victim and had to face their behavior called out. Everything a fisherman hates. I suppose I should have thrown a rolleye emoticon in there and that is my bad.
OK. Yeah, rolling eyes always make things clear! I don't roll them as much in real life visibly, but I do roll them a lot mentally!

Old 10-27-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Thanks everyone...I do feel upset a little bit about the way it was handled. It was a bit tacky and inconsiderate. I simply think that it was just a horrible planning on her part. Why invite more people than you can handle? And since I am the only one with the spouse who was invited, only my family ended up being uninvited. I am not sure if others are bringing their dates.

I see what you mean...someone else may have been really nasty about it and embarrass her in the office, instead she knew that I will gracefully accept it and even be nice in return.
Yes. Don't change though, you are everything a person should be and she took advantage of that I think. lol Like a lot of people I often think of what I should have said later and I suspect in your shoes I would have put on that fake smile a person puts on when they are trying not to be rude but inside they are thinking WTH? I didn't comment on this one because I find wedding etiquette baffling in many ways and sometimes it seems to defy common sense.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
OK. Yeah, rolling eyes always make things clear! I don't roll them as much in real life visibly, but I do roll them a lot mentally!
Its silly when you look at it to think that people who have never met you and dont really know you will get all your assorted non sequiturs, obscure movie or book references, recognize you were shooting for irony, etc. I guess I'm silly because I forget sometimes. Yes, I know that more accurate but less friendly words than silly could be used. I think everybody rolls their eyes a lot mentally.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:06 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
I'm sitting on a cabbed(?) plane in DC. I was happy to get an earlier flight, but now we're stuck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships