Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 02:36 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times

Advertisements

Oh, I was going to respond to a few posts here, but the forum maintenance got in the way. Oh well.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:00 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Oh, I was going to respond to a few posts here, but the forum maintenance got in the way. Oh well.
Yeah, they seem to be prejudiced against night-owls ...

Old 10-27-2011, 03:03 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Yeah, they seem to be prejudiced against night-owls ...

Well, at least YOU'RE back!

Old 10-27-2011, 03:12 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Well, at least YOU'RE back!
Meh - I don't bother with the threads anymore, I just stay in here now.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:20 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Dont they like to rip the paper off then or is that older? Seems like a million years ago now. What about clothes? How do you tell what size to get? If you go to one of those baby stuff stores do the girls in there know anything about babies or are they just doing a job? If they knew about babies I could get one to help me.
Ripping paper might be a little older. At 7 months they are sitting, possibly crawling and rolling. Their fine motor skills aren't coordinated enough to rip paper just yet.

As for clothes, it's really hard to say what size. Do you know about how much the baby weighs? My first son and daughter were in 18 months at 6 months old (21-22lbs and long)...the rest of my kids were in 12 months sizes (16-18lbs).

Does the baby live in a cold climate? Something like this might be of use:

http://www.amazon.com/EMS-Infant-Tob...9714346&sr=8-1

And then you can get her a cute little hat and mitten set like this:

Performance Fleece Hat and Mittens Sets for Baby | Old Navy

Old 10-27-2011, 07:53 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,276 times
I don't exactly know how big the baby is, I have not seen her for four months. Its very temperate in Puget Sound so cold in the summer but warm in the winter lol The hat/mittens idea I had thought of mostly because the size might be more forgiving.

@Phil, I lived on an island and the nearest baby stuff place is over an hour away on the mainland. I have never been in one. As married we played to our strengths, each handling what we were good at or knew about. My wife was in charge of baby things. My time on the ground may be short in their area so I'm trying to hit the ground running. lol

Old 10-27-2011, 08:27 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Hey guys!!!

Long time long speak! Hope everyone is doing okay!

Have you guys ever been uninvited to the wedding before? Basically my co-worker and a friend is getting married next month. She had invited me, my husband and Max to the wedding that she is doing in her big backyard. I had RSVPd that we are all coming. Today, she stopped by my desk and told me that she has to cut down on guests because she has more family coming from out of state than she expected. She asked me if it would be okay for me to come by myself, without my husband and son.
I was little taken aback. I understand her circumstances, so I ended it up telling her that I won't be joining her to the wedding and will just take her and her husband out to celebrate. It is upsetting to me that she uninvited my family, especially since my husband had to say "no" to a job for that night because he was planning on going to her wedding.
They don't sound like very good friends, darlin'. Phoooooey on them.

That's ok, i'll make sure it Rain's & Windy on their Big Day...hahaha

Old 10-27-2011, 08:36 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
I don't exactly know how big the baby is, I have not seen her for four months. Its very temperate in Puget Sound so cold in the summer but warm in the winter lol The hat/mittens idea I had thought of mostly because the size might be more forgiving.

@Phil, I lived on an island and the nearest baby stuff place is over an hour away on the mainland. I have never been in one. As married we played to our strengths, each handling what we were good at or knew about. My wife was in charge of baby things. My time on the ground may be short in their area so I'm trying to hit the ground running. lol
Perhaps, you could get your beloved baby a playpen, or a stroller, maybe a Corvette.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:37 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
MM...your friend sounds like a flake!!! I've never had that happen and could not even DREAM of doing that to someone, no matter what the circumstances.

I would have handled it the same way, only I would just have sent/given her a small gift and would not to out of my way to do something with her to celebrate.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:53 AM

44,369 posts, read 20,073,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Hey guys!!!

Long time long speak! Hope everyone is doing okay!

Have you guys ever been uninvited to the wedding before? Basically my co-worker and a friend is getting married next month. She had invited me, my husband and Max to the wedding that she is doing in her big backyard. I had RSVPd that we are all coming. Today, she stopped by my desk and told me that she has to cut down on guests because she has more family coming from out of state than she expected. She asked me if it would be okay for me to come by myself, without my husband and son.
I was little taken aback. I understand her circumstances, so I ended it up telling her that I won't be joining her to the wedding and will just take her and her husband out to celebrate. It is upsetting to me that she uninvited my family, especially since my husband had to say "no" to a job for that night because he was planning on going to her wedding.
That is beyond tacky of her, MM! Who ever heard of such a thing? I don't care how many out of town relatives are expected; she should make accommodations for those who replied that they are coming. No uninviting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships