Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 05:07 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Maybe I'm paranoid, but if some strange man walked up and tried to give my kid a drink, I'd clock him with my purse. No offense.
She just saw me walking out of the Subway with a sandwich and 2 drinks in my hand. The Subway is built into a gas station.

If you're paranoid seeing a guy walking out some doors with a smile on his face then I guess you're too paranoid.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:07 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
So did Ted Bundy.
I thought the same thing. Didn't want to be Debbie Downer, though.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
She just saw me walking out of the Subway with a sandwich and 2 drinks in my hand. The Subway is built into a gas station.

If you're paranoid seeing a guy walking out some doors with a smile on his face then I guess you're too paranoid.
That's not what I was referring to.

Smiley guy is fine with me!

Old 09-06-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
That's not what I was referring to.

Smiley guy is fine with me!
So if a guy walked out of a place with 2 drink in his hand with a straight face and offered your child a drink, you wold scream rape/murder/heresy, but if he's got a smile on his face all is good in the world?

Old 09-06-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
So if a guy walked out of a place with 2 drink in his hand with a straight face and offered your child a drink, you wold scream rape/murder/heresy, but if he's got a smile on his face all is good in the world?
Did you even read what I wrote?

If a man approached me and my child and tried to give him something, I would be suspicious. I was exaggerating when I said I would hit him with my purse. Geez.

You spoke of a guy walking out of a station with a smile - of course that's not going to bother me. If that guy approaches me, then yes, I'm going to be wary.

Lordy.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:06 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Quote:
So I was at my local subway just after work, just getting a sammich before hitting home, and there's this older gentleman ahead of me. He's getting 4 sandwiches all the same kind, but slghtly different.

I'm just having my casual conversation with the 2 girls behind the counter since I visit there often and I try to at least talk to them a bit while I'm there, when the older man asks me if I'm getting a drink from here. I said I typically get 2 drinks out of the coca cola case, typically OJ or Powerade. He offered me his 2 medium drinks that he was putting on his tab that he wasn't able to use. He said he didn't want them and needed to use them. Of course I said yes and thanked him a few times before he left.

So after I get these drinks I'm walking out to my car when I see this woman walking with her son, who was throwing a fit because he was thirsty. I had 2 drnks in my hand, so I walked up to her and asked the woman if he liked Orange Fanta or Sprite. I gave him the Sprite that was givin' to me, and his face lit up lol. His mom thanked me and drove off, after a short conversation about her son.

That's my good deed for the day.
'Do a good turn daily'. The Boy Scout slogan.

Well Done Bull Frog.

Boy Scout Oath, Law and Motto

Old 09-06-2011, 06:06 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Where did he go, by the way?
Apparently he works at a Subway that's attached to a gas station.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:08 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Quote:
So I was at my local subway just after work, just getting a sammich before hitting home, and there's this older gentleman ahead of me. He's getting 4 sandwiches all the same kind, but slghtly different.

I'm just having my casual conversation with the 2 girls behind the counter since I visit there often and I try to at least talk to them a bit while I'm there, when the older man asks me if I'm getting a drink from here. I said I typically get 2 drinks out of the coca cola case, typically OJ or Powerade. He offered me his 2 medium drinks that he was putting on his tab that he wasn't able to use. He said he didn't want them and needed to use them. Of course I said yes and thanked him a few times before he left.

So after I get these drinks I'm walking out to my car when I see this woman walking with her son, who was throwing a fit because he was thirsty. I had 2 drnks in my hand, so I walked up to her and asked the woman if he liked Orange Fanta or Sprite. I gave him the Sprite that was givin' to me, and his face lit up lol. His mom thanked me and drove off, after a short conversation about her son.

That's my good deed for the day.
I have two KFC coopuns in my wallet should I get hit up for a meal.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:51 PM

I had no idea you can microwave your pop tarts.

How long does it take to zap some pop tarts. A minute?

If you don't have that kind of time you need to loosen up a bit.

The directions say to microwave on high for 2 seconds. Wow. 2 whole seconds.

If you're up, eatin' and running out the door in 2 seconds there has to be a problem.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:10 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
LOL, see now I'd be nice and say "oh thank you for the drink" then we'd get in the car and I'd tell my child "like hell you are drinking this! He could have poisoned it!"

And then I'd toss it in the trash when I got home.

No offense froggie...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships