Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 02:21 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times

Advertisements

I know the OP's feeling. I hate it when one of the girls I like on my FB change their status to "In A Relationship", "Engaged", or "Married". Meanwhile, I have this one girl now who I keep waiting for her status to change back to "Single", but things never go the way I want them to, so it will probably change the other way and she'll end up marrying him. It sucks because she just told me the other day that if she wasn't with him she would love to be with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 02:27 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Been there, done that. Friendship is NOT the same as Relationship. She was NEVER your g/f.

We ended up in the Friend Zone or YOU did?

While I do sympathize with you. I think you will need to move on and forget about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So, not ten minutes ago, I was checking my Facebook page out when, to my horror, I found out a Girl who I REALLY care about and love is getting married! I have known this Girl since I was just a kid. We have had an on and off freindship for years but the last few years it's been a constant. I have always had a thing for her and I even would say that I love her. I never have had the guts to tell her how I feel about her though. When I first started getting these feelings, I couldn't even eat! I had no appetite. She had feelings for me to at one time but somehow we ended up in the freind zone.

Anyway, she has alot of boyfreinds but they usualy always come and go. The guy shes with now isnt that bad of a guy it would seem bt he's a real doof IMO. I never thought it would get this far with HIM. I just always thought "yeah...this one will be like all the rest and eventualy, I'll work up enough courage to ask her out for myself." Apparently, that's just not going to happen. When I was reading about her engagement, my heart started pounding, breathing went rapid, and I started sweating. Now I'm just left with that overwhelming feeling of depression. Don't get me wrong, I want her to be happy, I just wish I had had enough courage to take a shot at giving her that happiness when I had the chance.

Make me feel better about this whole sitch City-Data, what should I do? Have any of you ever been in a similar situation? How did you get over it?

{ yes everyone, this is a self serving thread }

Old 09-13-2011, 02:28 PM

This thread is a good example of why Nice guys finish last.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:29 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
This thread is a good example of why Nice guys finish last.
The OP didn't finish last because he's a nice guy. He finished last because he was in love with a woman for years and never said or did anything about it.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:29 PM

How old are you? 23?

Old 09-13-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The OP didn't finish last because he's a nice guy. He finished last because he was in love with a woman for years and never said or did anything about it.
Sure, he is a nice guy but she was NEVER his g/f.

He 'felt' love and it was a crush but he was NEVER with her based on his post. He wanted to be with her but he did not do anything about it.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:34 PM

This thread should be a sticky. Other guys can learn from his mistake and behavior too.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupkake View Post
lol let it go...wasn't meant to be...or if it is you'll just have to wait a few more years....will you like her then wearing granny panties? If that's a yes keep hoping for the moment. The movie/book "Love In The Time Of Cholera" has a similar tune.
He should forget about her for now and move on. Keep her in the background as very low priority.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:37 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
Honestly OP, I think you're actually the right guy for the girl you're in love with. You should tell her. Maybe she loves you too, but she's been waiting for an opportunity to tell you. And now she's with this guy because (I'm assuming your 88 is your birth year?) so she may be 22/23? She's at the age where a lot of people are getting married. As you said, the guy she's with isn't necessarily all that great. Which might mean, they could divorce. If you really love her, you should tell her. I'm mean, you two have grown up together. It sounds like you two should be together. This kind of love and attraction that you two have and like what I'm experiencing with my best friend is rare. A lot of long time married couples I know were/are childhood sweethearts.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Honestly OP, I think you're actually the right guy for the girl you're in love with. You should tell her. Maybe she loves you too, but she's been waiting for an opportunity to tell you. And now she's with this guy because (I'm assuming your 88 is your birth year?) so may be 23/24? She's at the age where a lot of people are getting married. As you said, the guy she's with isn't necessarily all that great. Which might mean, they could divorce. If you really love her, you should tell her. I'm mean, you two have grown up together. It sounds like you two should be together. This kind of love and attraction that you two have and like what I'm experiencing with my best friend is rare.
How do we know this OP is the right guy for this girl since they were NEVER together in a relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships