Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 07:24 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,243,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
yep

"methinks the lady doth protest too much".
Yeah, that river in Egypt is overflowing today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 08:01 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,196,167 times
Good for you, OP. Isn't nice to figure out that all along you had somebody who would listen? Keep listening to your intuition, keep positive, and may you get what you want.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:52 PM

19,757 posts, read 20,312,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah, that river in Egypt is overflowing today!
It is the wet season. lol

Old 10-11-2011, 08:59 PM

11,816 posts, read 12,064,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
I'm 27 male, I don't want to have a GF or have kids or get married, I'm not the sensitive, emotional type of guy you will ever see in public holding hands, cuddling, etc... That's not my style. I'm heterosexual but I don't want to be in a relationship because that's not what I desire, actually, it will only waste my time and energy, being forced in a commitment I don't want to be, plus I save money by not being in a relationship and I don't have to worry about drama like breaking up, cheating, arguments, I don't need another person to make myself feel complete, I'm my own person, I feel confident enough about myself instead of seeking someone to rely on, I have freedom to do what I want when I want without being interrogated with questions asked by some GF, sex is also not important to me, I rather spend my time reading or doing something more productive with my time, I don't want to be a follower and procreate, I see no point of having kids, why would I want to be someone's personal slave? I won't put myself in that situation. Anyone else here who feels the same or similar?
You had me up until everything after the word "desire". Terms like "wasting time and energy", "drama", "freedom", "without being interrogated", "someone's personal slave" reveals a lot more about you than you may have intended. What happened in your past and who are you trying to convince that you're okay being on your own?

Old 10-11-2011, 09:02 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,224,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You had me up until everything after the word "desire". Terms like "wasting time and energy", "drama", "freedom", "without being interrogated", "someone's personal slave" reveals a lot more about you than you may have intended. What happened in your past and who are you trying to convince that you're okay being on your own?
Maybe he just wants sex and if he's upfront about it then there's nothing wrong with that.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:47 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,138,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
If you're not into having a relationship, then what are you doing on the Relationship forum? I mean, I have no interest in stamp collecting, so you wouldn't find me on the Stamp Collecting forum. So by your presence here, you're really saying that you are indeed interested. Admit as much and move on.
I think it's interesting to know about people who have an unusual perspective on relationships. The guy just wanted to know if he was alone. The part about lacking interest in sex may indicate he is an asexual or maybe too proud to admit he really still wants it.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:07 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,218,964 times
Most emotionally/mentally mature people's relationships aren't like what the the original poster described. Are there going to be disagreements? Of course, but there are going to be more good times than bad and I feel for anyone who feels or has experienced otherwise.

However, whatever floats the OP's boat. Like others, I question what brings him to the relationships forum if he doesn't care to have one. I know some posters like to rip on the opposite sex/relationships, but I don't understand why the OP would type out all that if he's already made up his mind about relationships.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:37 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,336,814 times
thanks for the laugh everyone...!!

Old 10-12-2011, 06:40 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,224,085 times
Have you been tested for having any testosterone in your body?

When you see a woman walking with a nice backside do you glance at it and think?

When you are waited on by an attractive woman with large cleavage, do you glance at it?

When you see a hot blonde jogging, do you stare?

I would imagine that you answer no to these questions... maybe you should be looking at a different sex??

Less competition for other guys, so no worries....

Old 10-12-2011, 07:16 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,685,272 times
Lightbulb Okay...You Stated Your Position Well...However---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
I'm 27 male, I don't want to have a GF or have kids or get married, I'm not the sensitive, emotional type of guy you will ever see in public holding hands, cuddling, etc... That's not my style. I'm heterosexual but I don't want to be in a relationship because that's not what I desire, actually, it will only waste my time and energy, being forced in a commitment I don't want to be, plus I save money by not being in a relationship and I don't have to worry about drama like breaking up, cheating, arguments, I don't need another person to make myself feel complete, I'm my own person, I feel confident enough about myself instead of seeking someone to rely on, I have freedom to do what I want when I want without being interrogated with questions asked by some GF, sex is also not important to me, I rather spend my time reading or doing something more productive with my time, I don't want to be a follower and procreate, I see no point of having kids, why would I want to be someone's personal slave? I won't put myself in that situation. Anyone else here who feels the same or similar?
When folk here start to disagree with your position piece by piece, as I'm sure will happen, then don't start throwing barbs and labeling them as some bunch of unrepentant Philistines, simply because they don't share your mono-ultra-mememe vibe...

To answer your question, and to start the dance, no, I don't feel the same way...if you want to go around with your jaw jacked out, spring loaded to the p***ed position because someone dares to breathe your oxygen, fine and dandy...it is commendable, true, that you possess the confidence to feel that you can make your own way in this world...

It's also noted that you're not tactile (i.e. no touching, kissing, hugging etc), and that you feel you shouldn't have to answer to anyone, and that being in a relationship is tantamount to slavery (you've GOT to be kidding...really?) and so and so on...

But know this...as much as you disdain relationships and the like, you came into this world as the product of a relationship of some kind---be it a marriage, or an affair, or even that wonder of wonders, the 1-night stand...someone somewhere thought enough of you to bring you into the world and raise you to the point of icy self-reliance at the tender age of 27...

You, then, are entitled to your opinions and ideas and morals...this much is true...but also know there people out here, male and female alike, who feel almost the same as you do, but don't feel the need to trumpet that they're Mc Farney's One-Man Superstar Submarine Lone Wolf Band, and castigate others who'd rather (gasp!!) have contact with other people and not act like the Jack Nicholson character in 'As Good As It Gets'

You may not have said as much yet, but I know it's coming---people are gonna show up, and have issues with the things you said...and as much as you believe you have the right to be the way you are, those folks have the right to diasgree and question in their own ways...remember that, and your way in this particular thread won't be bumpy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships