Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 07:52 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,124,422 times

Advertisements

I didn't know you had to be pro-relationships in order to post on this board, that's news to me. If someone has no desire to be in a relationship, they have the free will to post regardless of what flak they may catch. That being said, I relatively agree with Hypnosis except my view is catered more towards wanting to meet Ms.Right (heavy emphasis put on MS. RIGHT) and wanting nothing to do with these sackchasers. I believe in getting it right the first time and if you can, do so. It makes no sense to kiss a bunch of frogs before you meet your prince (for those of you who don't understand the analogy, it simply means you do not want to be in relationships with the WRONG people in order to find the right person). When you meet the RIGHT person, life is so much more grand. You have to establish clear boundaries about what you will/won't tolerate from your spouse. If they can't accept you laying the law down and leave, it was in your best interest they walked off because they showed you who they really are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 08:02 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,339,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Good for you.
My sentiments exactly.

I say thank GAWD there are people who don't want relationships and who don't want to have children. I mean there's competition and overpopulation already and really some peoples DNA should not be passed on.

Grow out a beard and find a place in the MidWest

Old 10-12-2011, 08:44 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,216,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
I didn't know you had to be pro-relationships in order to post on this board, that's news to me. If someone has no desire to be in a relationship, they have the free will to post regardless of what flak they may catch.
I have no problem with someone being anti-relationship and posting on this board. However, I find it curious that someone is so anti-relationship and writes a paragraph to tell us how awful relationships are. It sounds like the OP is trying to convince himself relationships suck.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:48 AM

11,804 posts, read 12,045,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
my view is catered more towards wanting to meet Ms.Right (heavy emphasis put on MS. RIGHT) and wanting nothing to do with these sackchasers. I believe in getting it right the first time and if you can, do so. It makes no sense to kiss a bunch of frogs before you meet your prince (for those of you who don't understand the analogy, it simply means you do not want to be in relationships with the WRONG people in order to find the right person). When you meet the RIGHT person, life is so much more grand. You have to establish clear boundaries about what you will/won't tolerate from your spouse. If they can't accept you laying the law down and leave, it was in your best interest they walked off because they showed you who they really are.
I'm confused at how you can know you found the right person without dating people to find out if they ARE the right person. You can't tell by looking at someone if they are or not.

And what may be right at a certain point in life may not be later on down the road. You can't control all the variables, how people grow, change, evolve. Sorry but I don't believe you can "establish clear boundaries" and think that nothing will change if you "lay the lawn down".

Last edited by Katnan; 10-12-2011 at 09:19 AM..

Old 10-12-2011, 09:00 AM

410 posts, read 743,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
I'm 27 male, I don't want to have a GF or have kids or get married, I'm not the sensitive, emotional type of guy you will ever see in public holding hands, cuddling, etc... That's not my style. I'm heterosexual but I don't want to be in a relationship because that's not what I desire, actually, it will only waste my time and energy, being forced in a commitment I don't want to be, plus I save money by not being in a relationship and I don't have to worry about drama like breaking up, cheating, arguments, I don't need another person to make myself feel complete, I'm my own person, I feel confident enough about myself instead of seeking someone to rely on, I have freedom to do what I want when I want without being interrogated with questions asked by some GF, sex is also not important to me, I rather spend my time reading or doing something more productive with my time, I don't want to be a follower and procreate, I see no point of having kids, why would I want to be someone's personal slave? I won't put myself in that situation. Anyone else here who feels the same or similar?
It's your life, and you only have to make yourself happy in this short time. If you prefer to be alone, then I don't see anything wrong with that. I happen to think that relationships are the most important part of my life.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:07 AM

977 posts, read 1,816,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I'm confused at how you know can found the right person without dating people to find out if they ARE the right person. You can't tell by looking at someone if they are or not.
Well, as Yogi Berra once said "You can observe a lot just by watching".

Old 10-12-2011, 09:07 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,215,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Have you been tested for having any testosterone in your body?

When you see a woman walking with a nice backside do you glance at it and think?

When you are waited on by an attractive woman with large cleavage, do you glance at it?

When you see a hot blonde jogging, do you stare?

I would imagine that you answer no to these questions... maybe you should be looking at a different sex??

Less competition for other guys, so no worries....
I hoped guys would try to stop doing this type of crap in HIGH SCHOOL. You know say that if a dude weren't trying to chase every piece of tail that came along you're gay. You're the type of guy who would like to see the OP go out there approach a woman and get shot down for ****s and giggles.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:20 AM

977 posts, read 1,816,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I hoped guys would try to stop doing this type of crap in HIGH SCHOOL. You know say that if a dude weren't trying to chase every piece of tail that came along you're gay. You're the type of guy who would like to see the OP go out there approach a woman and get shot down for ****s and giggles.
Good post. Not only that, but the less you care about sex and relationshps, the less power you give to women and the higher chances of finding someone compataible with you (if you're still open to that idea) siince you're not thinking with your little head like a lot of other guys.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:24 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,736,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
IAnyone else here who feels the same or similar?
No, sorry, not here and never did. Have to say that your user name of "hypnosis" is quite appropriate where I'm concerned. I was hypnotically lulled to sleep by the thread starter which asked nothing but seemed more like something one would relate in more detail to a therapist or write in a "woe is me but I embrace the pain" sort of blog.

I never cease to be amazed by the number of very angry and dissatisfied and disgruntled people who post on here. What a bunch of sourpusses. Were you all raised to believe that life would be like "Little House On The Prairie" and thus were totally unprepared for any setbacks? Are you seriously that jaded?

Old 10-12-2011, 09:25 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,892,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
If you're not into having a relationship, then what are you doing on the Relationship forum? I mean, I have no interest in stamp collecting, so you wouldn't find me on the Stamp Collecting forum. So by your presence here, you're really saying that you are indeed interested. Admit as much and move on.
I agree I see an undermining meaning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships