Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 07:18 AM

193 posts, read 450,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
My personal opinion is that most women feel a little (if not a lot) vulnerable when they're alone inside of an elevator with a man. It's a small, confined area and it would give a would-be attacker a very perfect opportunity so I could certainly understand the extra alertness.
It all depends on the vibe he is giving off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Saying rape in a sentence when you're a stranger alone with a woman in an elevator is the equivalent of yelling bomb in a crowded movie theater.
LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 09:48 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Let's say you're at a hotel bar knocking back a few drinks and you decide it's time for bed. Meaning no harm whatsoever, you get in the elevator, and being that your room is on the 25th floor, you have quite a way to go. You go up one floor and the elevator stops. In walks the girl of your dreams. I mean... She's smoking hot - by your standards. She presses the button for the 25th floor as well. Now, you're both obligated to take the ride to the top where she's seen your perverted eyes looking at her already. The fact alone that you probably smell like booze isn't going to help and she's probably a little creeped out being stuck in an elevator with a guy such as yourself.

So, what do you say? Nothing? Pretend like you are both on separate planets? That seems like it would work until you both have to get off on the 25th floor together. But, then, she'll think you're following her (unless you really are).

I always thought a gentle joke would help to lighten the mood and assuage her of her doubts. Cracking a little joke like, "I just want you to know that I have to get off on the 25th floor too so don't think I'm following you just to rape you. I actually have a room to go to."

Then, I thought that perhaps that might come across a little bad because it doesn't seem like the most suave thing to say. So, I thought perhaps something like "I have to get off on the 25th floor but that doesn't mean I have to GET OFF on the 25th floor. So don't worry, hun. You're safe with me."

That too sounded a little forward and perhaps she wouldn't understand what I meant by the difference between get off and GET OFF. So, what if you said something like "I see we're both headed for the 25th floor. I don't want this to be awkward for you as I'm sure being alone with a creepy guy in an elevator is bad enough. Believe me, I understand completely, I hate being in the elevator alone with creepy women."

But, all I got out of that was that it sounded too much like I was admitting to my own creepiness. So, women, what can I say to put you at ease? Should I just stay quiet and fart? I bet that would surely put her at ease for the next 24 floor. Suggestions? Hints? Rude Comments?
Seems like most of these ideas would lead to a knee to the groin, the liberal use of pepper spray and, quite possibly, a restraining order.

First, if she got on the elevator after you, she would have noticed that you are getting off on the same floor. So all that worry is just nonsense.

Second, people are very weird about strangers and confined spaces. Anything more than "Hi" and an offer to press the button for her floor is getting into serious creep territory. And, of course, it's permissible to say, "After you," when the doors open at the floor you both share.

The thing is, you don't really have to say anything. Body language, eye contact, and everything else are a lot more eloquent than some cheesy line. If she wants to talk to you, she will. If she says something after getting off the elevator, say something funny and non-creepy. Because the chances of seeing her again in the hotel are significantly higher than her actually striking up a conversation in the hotel hallway with a perfect stranger. The odds of that happening are in the .0025% range.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:04 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn311601 View Post
Given the way sexual harassment laws go and that her word is the only thing needed, I'm not too sure I would be getting in any elevator if I open the doors and a single woman is inside. I'll wait for the next car, thank you. Call me paranoid if you wish.
Sucks to be you.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
which more than likely goes like this

You "Hi"

Hot woman "Hello"

You "wanna ****?"

Hot woman " I've got mace."
"Nice, so you like to get freaky!"

Old 12-23-2011, 10:23 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,793 times
Default What Do You Say When You're Alone in Elevator With A Woman?

"Going down?"

*giggles*

Old 12-24-2011, 12:32 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
which more than likely goes like this

You "Hi"

Hot woman "Hello"

You "wanna ****?"

Hot woman " I've got mace."
In case you are not able to discern my post, it was sarcasm.

You got mace? that's nice. Do you have a tazer too?

Old 12-24-2011, 01:36 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,964,579 times
Quote:
Let's say you're at a hotel bar knocking back a few drinks and you decide it's time for bed. Meaning no harm whatsoever, you get in the elevator, and being that your room is on the 25th floor, you have quite a way to go. You go up one floor and the elevator stops. In walks the girl of your dreams. I mean... She's smoking hot - by your standards. She presses the button for the 25th floor as well. Now, you're both obligated to take the ride to the top where she's seen your perverted eyes looking at her already. The fact alone that you probably smell like booze isn't going to help and she's probably a little creeped out being stuck in an elevator with a guy such as yourself.

So, what do you say? Nothing? Pretend like you are both on separate planets? That seems like it would work until you both have to get off on the 25th floor together. But, then, she'll think you're following her (unless you really are).

I always thought a gentle joke would help to lighten the mood and assuage her of her doubts. Cracking a little joke like, "I just want you to know that I have to get off on the 25th floor too so don't think I'm following you just to rape you. I actually have a room to go to."

Then, I thought that perhaps that might come across a little bad because it doesn't seem like the most suave thing to say. So, I thought perhaps something like "I have to get off on the 25th floor but that doesn't mean I have to GET OFF on the 25th floor. So don't worry, hun. You're safe with me."

That too sounded a little forward and perhaps she wouldn't understand what I meant by the difference between get off and GET OFF. So, what if you said something like "I see we're both headed for the 25th floor. I don't want this to be awkward for you as I'm sure being alone with a creepy guy in an elevator is bad enough. Believe me, I understand completely, I hate being in the elevator alone with creepy women."

But, all I got out of that was that it sounded too much like I was admitting to my own creepiness. So, women, what can I say to put you at ease? Should I just stay quiet and fart? I bet that would surely put her at ease for the next 24 floor. Suggestions? Hints? Rude Comments?
If you had a few drinks you do like most men. move to the back so you can get a view of the rear end. Don't say a word because you can end up in jail.. If it's meant to be she will let you know and you probably may see her again.. When you get to the floor make sure you get off first so she doesn't think your following her..

Then again fart but just make is silent and don't laugh too hard.. Guys will be guys.. Then again a good burp might work..Booze breath can be funky also..

Old 12-25-2011, 11:20 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,539 times
Quote:

how about don't say anything. like normal people on elevators.

NOTHING you say is going to help after you've creeped her out. You'll only make it worse.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:23 AM

I like to breathe hard while standing behind the woman with my hand in my pocket. I give her my best look, like this:

Old 12-26-2011, 10:33 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
I would turn towards her all of a sudden and exclaim that I have new socks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships