Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 01:53 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,021,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Let's say you're at a hotel bar knocking back a few drinks and you decide it's time for bed. Meaning no harm whatsoever, you get in the elevator, and being that your room is on the 25th floor, you have quite a way to go. You go up one floor and the elevator stops. In walks the girl of your dreams. I mean... She's smoking hot - by your standards. She presses the button for the 25th floor as well. Now, you're both obligated to take the ride to the top where she's seen your perverted eyes looking at her already. The fact alone that you probably smell like booze isn't going to help and she's probably a little creeped out being stuck in an elevator with a guy such as yourself.

So, what do you say? Nothing? Pretend like you are both on separate planets? That seems like it would work until you both have to get off on the 25th floor together. But, then, she'll think you're following her (unless you really are).

I always thought a gentle joke would help to lighten the mood and assuage her of her doubts. Cracking a little joke like, "I just want you to know that I have to get off on the 25th floor too so don't think I'm following you just to rape you. I actually have a room to go to."

Then, I thought that perhaps that might come across a little bad because it doesn't seem like the most suave thing to say. So, I thought perhaps something like "I have to get off on the 25th floor but that doesn't mean I have to GET OFF on the 25th floor. So don't worry, hun. You're safe with me."

That too sounded a little forward and perhaps she wouldn't understand what I meant by the difference between get off and GET OFF. So, what if you said something like "I see we're both headed for the 25th floor. I don't want this to be awkward for you as I'm sure being alone with a creepy guy in an elevator is bad enough. Believe me, I understand completely, I hate being in the elevator alone with creepy women."

But, all I got out of that was that it sounded too much like I was admitting to my own creepiness. So, women, what can I say to put you at ease? Should I just stay quiet and fart? I bet that would surely put her at ease for the next 24 floor. Suggestions? Hints? Rude Comments?

The problem with this post is I couldn't decide which of these smilies not to use so I used'em all because they say it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 01:57 PM

11,813 posts, read 12,059,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Drunk men in elevators with women they don't know should just be quiet. Trust me: The minute you open your mouth, the vapors are going to turn her off and a smart woman is going to be thinking, "Oh, no. A drunk in an elevator. Keep your hand on your pepper spray."
Yep, x100. It might be awkward if you're both sober, but if the male is drunk, he's going to "think" he's being smooth, but her perception is likely going to be "keep the eff away from me".

Old 10-25-2011, 02:18 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,760,997 times
I would say,

"How much does a polar bear weigh?"

If, instead of saying "Enough to break the ice" she begins a detailed examination of the many variables in weighing polar bears, I'll proceed by asking her to marry me immediately.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:51 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,582,127 times
[quote=SD4020;21424217]
You "Hi"

Hot woman "Hello"

You: "wanna ****?"

Hot woman "Hell no!

You: I guess a BJ is out of the question then?

Hot woman: Not at all

Hope you don't mind me adding to your lines SD.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:10 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,285,989 times
Saying rape in a sentence when you're a stranger alone with a woman in an elevator is the equivalent of yelling bomb in a crowded movie theater.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:29 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,332,164 times
I'd sing this to/at her...
High Anexiety (1977) Theme - YouTube

Old 10-25-2011, 04:39 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,101,935 times
I don't say anything unless spoken to...I just make sure I don't fart, I don't smell, and I don't come off as really intimidating (tough when 6 foot 2, 220 pounds)...

Old 10-25-2011, 04:46 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,287,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn311601 View Post
Given the way sexual harassment laws go and that her word is the only thing needed, I'm not too sure I would be getting in any elevator if I open the doors and a single woman is inside. I'll wait for the next car, thank you. Call me paranoid if you wish.
May sound exaggerated but it is not far from reality. I guess you rather be called paranoid than “Inmate #xxxxx”. I almost got in trouble for something similar while I was in the USA.

I was waiting for my friends in a mall to then take off somewhere else. In the crowd I made eye contact with a woman. She was probably in her upper 30s early 40s, a bit chubby, etc. I smiled and nodded my head in a friendly manner and continued walking around. I stopped to look at a store from the outside and I looked to the crowd and once again we made eye contact, smile and nod of the head, and continued doing my thing. I went upstairs to kill sometime and from far I could see this same woman walking towards my direction. I continued looking at the store from the window until she stood right by my side to talk to me. Conversation started something like this:

Woman: Where are you from?
Me:…Huh? (didn’t feel like answering as her face looked upset)
Woman:…you are coming with me.
Me: What is this about?
Woman: You have been following me since you got here. I am calling the police.
Me: Oh really?...*speaking out loud* tell me WHO CAME ALL THE WAY UP HERE TO STAND BESIDES ME?! YOU DID! NOT ME! SO WHO’S FOLLOWING WHO?! TELL ME!
Woman: Ssssh shhhh *looking around nervously* you don’t need to raise your voice, keep it quiet.
Me: *speaking out loud* I am raising my voice so people can hear what’s going on before you try to accuse me of something I didn’t do. Hey! Security!
*Security arrives*
Me: Just trying to enjoy my time here but this woman is following me around.
Security: Please leave this woman alone.
Me: I will if she stops following me.

The security guy motioned with his hand for me to carry on and walk somewhere else while he stayed with her. He was a security guard but if it was the police I can imagine I would be handcuffed right there on the spot and thrown in a police car. She could have told police that I did something to her and I would be in trouble. I guess I was lucky.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:03 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,015,328 times
Its not so easy anymore to get into an elevator in a building of that height without it being on camera. Inside and out. It is already this way in many and soon it will be ubiquitous. Other observations. Most think they are happy drunks. In this case many are and thats a good thing. Not as many as think they are though. A lot also think they are smooth, witty and oh so funny when they are drunk. Not so much this one. You may be back in the bar among a bunch of people who are similarly drunked up but to a sober person, nope. Why must you say anything to a girl in an elevator other than what you would say to an old person, child, other man, etc. ? Why should she find you sinister BEFORE you had opened your mouth and said the "please pepper spray me" stuff you describe here?

And yes, she would be much more interesting as potential date material if she knew something about polar bears.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:05 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,206,654 times
I wouldn't say anything. I'd smile or nod, move to the side of the elevator to give her her space, and hope to got that I don't fart or get sick while riding up to the 25th floor.

I'd save the talking for a time when I didn't smell like "bar", when I'm completely sober.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships