Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 12:40 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,737 times

Advertisements

and it's apparent that it makes me VERY unique! I'm 18, a college freshman, and I don't want to share that part of myself with someone until marriage. And yet, I seemed to be "looked down" upon for that...it has definitely made a difference in the number of guys who want to ask me out, and I'm okay with that. But, it's just frustrating to know that I'm in the minority.

Vent over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 12:43 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
and it's apparent that it makes me VERY unique! I'm 18, a college freshman, and I don't want to share that part of myself with someone until marriage. And yet, I seemed to be "looked down" upon for that...it has definitely made a difference in the number of guys who want to ask me out, and I'm okay with that. But, it's just frustrating to know that I'm in the minority.

Vent over.
No reason to vent - this is a sound, sensible decision by someone your age

Remember, to thine ownself be true!

Old 10-27-2011, 12:43 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,524 times
It's certainly your decision and you're not hurting anyone. But most guys will either 1)Do everything to get you to cave and bolt, or 2)Bolt immediately.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:44 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
It's certainly your decision and you're not hurting anyone. But most guys will either 1)Do everything to get you to cave and bolt, or 2)Bolt immediately.
No guy worth having will do either

There are more guys out that that will respect her than you realize. I hope SHE realizes that!

Old 10-27-2011, 12:49 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,737 times
I do realize it. But it still sucks to be judged for it. I had a date last weekend with a guy who, while the date wasn't perfect, seemed like a possibility. I found out last night though that he lied to me about his intention to wait until marriage to have sex. Ugh. He's only 19, and I found out he's already been with four women. Bleh.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:51 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
My daughter is doing that. Her boyfriend is as well. She has never had any problem with guys respecting her choice. She wears a promise ring. It is obvious. No one has any surprise expectations.

Everyone that I know that decided to have sex in high school or college regretted their choice later. Anyone who has ever said anyhting has always said "I wish I had waited. It was not worth it." and often added "He turned out to be a jerk"

Old 10-27-2011, 12:51 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
I'm 18 and I'm also doing the same! Good for you!

I'm sure sex is a wonderful thing, it's also something that needs to be handled in a mature and responsible way. If not, sex can bring many problems such as unwanted emotional attachment, STDs, pregnancies and a variety of other problems.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:53 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:

Vent over.

Bully for you, what do you want, a trophy?

Who cares

Old 10-27-2011, 12:55 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
My daughter is doing that. Her boyfriend is as well. She has never had any problem with guys respecting her choice. She wears a promise ring. It is obvious. No one has any surprise expectations.

Everyone that I know that decided to have sex in high school or college regretted their choice later. Anyone who has ever said anyhting has always said "I wish I had waited. It was not worth it." and often added "He turned out to be a jerk"
Everyone you know eh?

Don't generalize other people for making choices other than your own. College experiences and those times can be some of the most explorative and fun times in ones life. You just need to be 1) mature enough 2) safe about it 3) not a prude lol

Old 10-27-2011, 12:55 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
Quote:

Vent over.
You're not as alone as you think Those who look down on you do not understand your choices and do not respect your decision but you will find someone who does. At least you know who will want to date you for you and who only wants to for sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships