Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 02:10 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,165,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
White men prefer to date within their own race, as it should be. This is why I don't like interracial dating. There will always be an awkward difference and culture clash. Both of the daters parents turn out to be racist and disapprove. The divorce rate between interracial couples is far higher than that of same race couples. For the sake of your future, just dump him and date a good man in your own race.

IT creates problems, all black men should be avaliable for me to date, not going after "trophy" white women. And white women should have white men available for them to date and marry, not going after asian women and so on and so forth.

You and your future kids will thank me later.
I think Barrack Obama would beg to differ.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:15 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,686,222 times
Lightbulb Oh Give Me A Break, For Crying Out Loud...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
White men prefer to date within their own race, as it should be. This is why I don't like interracial dating. There will always be an awkward difference and culture clash. Both of the daters parents turn out to be racist and disapprove. The divorce rate between interracial couples is far higher than that of same race couples. For the sake of your future, just dump him and date a good man in your own race.

IT creates problems, all black men should be avaliable for me to date, not going after "trophy" white women. And white women should have white men available for them to date and marry, not going after asian women and so on and so forth.

You and your future kids will thank me later.
What are you, the neighborhood rep for 'Busybody Crybabies Anonymous'?

You seem to miss the straight-ahead, chiseled-in-stone point---so let me lay it out for you...

The OP is an ADULT, therefore, she will date and marry who she pleases, WHEN she pleases, and frankly she doesn't have to give a fish-eyed trapezoidal **** what YOU or any one who THINKS like you will say...in fact, I hope she has enough sand in her craw to slap the fool out of anyone who DOES get in her grill and try to give her grief...

It's only a problem because you and your narrow-minded living-in-a-root-cellar circa 1957-thinking behind think it's a problem...this is 2011, about to be 2012, and I'm sorry, but people are basically going to do what they dang well feel like doing, no matter how many self-righteous 'you and your fututre kids will thank me' sermons you try to serve up...

I really do wish I could be a fly on the wall when you try to preach that 'separationist dogma' you like to roll out in person, and then somebody pointedly and verbally lays your soul to rest like an old Baptist preacher...

People are going to date and marry interracially...if the union does not work, then that's on the two folk involved, not because someone stands on the sidelines like a cartoon mouse whining 'you'll be sooooorrry...statistics show yer headin' for a fall!'

If you don't like it, so flippin' what? Thank god everyone's lives don't hang on your likes and dislikes, because we'd TRULY be in a hurtlocker of epic proportions...get over it, get over yourself, and expend your energy trying to find someone who makes YOU happy, and quit trying to tell everybody else how to run their business, because soon enough, you're gonna mouth off at the wrong person, and you'll get read like an old dusty book

Old 10-27-2011, 02:33 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,590,304 times
**Moderator Cut**

Wondering about if your particular race will stop you is like 5000~ years overdue(thinking of egyptians/arabs), and your entire countrys(US) history isn't much more than a flinch in the history of all kinds of racial mixes.

And like someone pointed out, men don't give a crap about all these stigmas women put up everywhere to stop anything from progressing.

I personally don't give a crap if a woman is black, white or purple with yellow stripes and green dots, if she's hot I'd take her. (though it is hard for me to immagine a hot purple woman with yellow stripes and green dots...)

He might be shy, or just not think he has opportunity to approach you.

Last edited by sunshineleith; 10-27-2011 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: crude

Old 10-27-2011, 02:36 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,742,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Sorry, but this sounds a bit ignorant. Maybe you are speaking from a point of view of a black woman living in Alabama but here in Iowa, interracial dating is very common.

I am not White (Brazilian-descent) and all my girlfriends have been White, not because I deliberately chose them based on their race but it is simply who I click with better.

Your statement about "both of the daters parents turn out racist and disapprove" is ludicrous, maybe between Blacks and Whites in the South but here in Iowa, most Caucasian people are accepting of other races.

My Mom would never disapprove if I married someone who is not of the same background, given that her husband is German.

Maybe you are speaking from a Southern, African-American perspective, but it is a very limited perspective.
Well Iowa is basically 100% white, so ? Believe if black people started moving in droves to Iowa (there are no opportunities for blacks in iowa so why bother) but if they did you can bet those white people would high tail it to their own neighborhoods.

Racism is not limited to the south.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:36 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,030,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Wondering about if race will stop you is like 1000~ years overdue.

And like someone pointed out, men don't give a crap about all these stigmas women put up everywhere to stop anything from progressing.

I personally don't give a crap if a woman is black, white or purple with yellow stripes and green dots, if she's hot I'd take her. (though it is hard for me to immagine a hot purple woman with yellow stripes and green dots...)

He might be shy, or just not think he has opportunity to approach you.
That's right. And more people are mixed with other races than will probably ever know.

Last edited by sunshineleith; 10-27-2011 at 03:35 PM..

Old 10-27-2011, 02:38 PM

19,764 posts, read 20,334,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post

You seem to miss the straight-ahead, chiseled-in-stone point---so let me lay it out for you...

The OP is an ADULT, therefore, she will date and marry who she pleases, WHEN she pleases, and frankly she doesn't have to give a fish-eyed trapezoidal **** what YOU or any one who THINKS like you will say...in fact, I hope she has enough sand in her craw to slap the fool out of anyone who DOES get in her grill and try to give her grief...

It's only a problem because you and your narrow-minded living-in-a-root-cellar circa 1957-thinking behind think it's a problem...this is 2011, about to be 2012, and I'm sorry, but people are basically going to do what they dang well feel like doing, no matter how many self-righteous 'you and your fututre kids will thank me' sermons you try to serve up...

I really do wish I could be a fly on the wall when you try to preach that 'separationist dogma' you like to roll out in person, and then somebody pointedly and verbally lays your soul to rest like an old Baptist preacher...

People are going to date and marry interracially...if the union does not work, then that's on the two folk involved, not because someone stands on the sidelines like a cartoon mouse whining 'you'll be sooooorrry...statistics show yer headin' for a fall!'

If you don't like it, so flippin' what? Thank god everyone's lives don't hang on your likes and dislikes, because we'd TRULY be in a hurtlocker of epic proportions...get over it, get over yourself, and expend your energy trying to find someone who makes YOU happy, and quit trying to tell everybody else how to run their business, because soon enough, you're gonna mouth off at the wrong person, and you'll get read like an old dusty book
Haha! Man your posts are always on time!

Old 10-27-2011, 02:42 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,771,845 times
I'm with Treasured Jewel.

Interracial dating is doomed to fail. Too much stuff at stake.

It didn't work for me and it won't work, ever.

I'll fool around for as much as I can and when the time is right, arranged marriage for the Antlered dude

Of course, I may have to hide my dating past or I'll never get a bride

People should not marry across races. Please protect your ancestry and progeny LMAO

Old 10-27-2011, 02:42 PM

12,974 posts, read 34,005,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I think Barrack Obama would beg to differ.
LOL. (applause). Very well said. Very well said.

I think that TJ chick is just crazy. Racist and crazy.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post

The OP asked for advice so I gave her a suggestion. If I were her I would get out of the arrangement immediately. He obviously likes white women, which the op is not, why waste your time with a white man who is not even attracted to you?

Old 10-27-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
LOL. (applause). Very well said. Very well said.

I think that TJ chick is just crazy. Racist and crazy.
Whatever I don't believe anything I said is even remotely racist. The white man the op mentioned must be racist since he is attracted to white women only...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.