Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2011, 04:21 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
You do know you are supposed to flush the toilet when the lid is down right?

And if the toothbrush is in the drawer, there's no turd fested water droplets to fall on it.

Plus...we rarely use our master bathroom for THAT...lol
I saw a documentary about this once where the tank and bowl water were dyed with a heavy blue dye. It was then flushed with the lid up & down. Even with the lid down there was still significant spray around the bathroom.
The experiment was concluded by saying even though you still have a spray with the lid down the majority of surfaces in a bathroom do not provide an adequate habitat for germs to survive very long...........even on a toothbrush.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:21 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Hmmm, I guess I'm the only one that really uses the master bathroom toilet so I don't check.
Sooo...? Are ya some sort of a holy cow that never leaves any stains or something...?

Old 11-30-2011, 04:23 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sooo...? Are ya some sort of a holy cow that never leaves any stains or something...?
No, I just know that nobody else will be in there after me....LOL

Old 11-30-2011, 04:24 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,006,797 times
Quote:
Really?

I guess I was just taught that way when I was a kid.

I hate those automatic flushers in public restrooms. Because they DO splash out...Gross!
To be fair, I remember when I was young I remember my dad calling me into the bathroom to show me how big his turd is.

My family is weird.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I saw a documentary about this once where the tank and bowl water were dyed with a heavy blue dye. It was then flushed with the lid up & down. Even with the lid down there was still significant spray around the bathroom.
The experiment was concluded by saying even though you still have a spray with the lid down the majority of surfaces in a bathroom do not provide an adequate habitat for germs to survive very long...........even on a toothbrush.
That's GROSS!

I don't put my toothbrush in the drawer for that reason, but it's a good reason to keep it in there.

I just never could understand why someone would display their toothbrush on the counter. However, when I was growing up we only had one bath so when guests came, they used it as well. We never had our toothbrushes out.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Really?

I guess I was just taught that way when I was a kid.

I hate those automatic flushers in public restrooms. Because they DO splash out...Gross!
At least you don't have to deal with rogue urinals. These are wall mounted about crotch height (to me) and when flushed have such force as to cause water to splash out making it look like you peed on yourself.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
That's GROSS!

I don't put my toothbrush in the drawer for that reason, but it's a good reason to keep it in there.

I just never could understand why someone would display their toothbrush on the counter. However, when I was growing up we only had one bath so when guests came, they used it as well. We never had our toothbrushes out.
We have two bathrooms- I use one, she uses the other.
I do put the lid down when I flush.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
At least you don't have to deal with rogue urinals. These are wall mounted about crotch height (to me) and when flushed have such force as to cause water to splash out making it look like you peed on yourself.
LOL...yup, and I've been educated about those little cakes too.

My husband came out of the restroom shaking his head one day. He had taken all the boys to the potty and I guess he was having a hard time keeping track of them all in there..wash hands, pee...etc.

So the youngest was JUST potty trained and he went and picked up a cake and pretended to wash his hands with it!

Old 11-30-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
We have two bathrooms- I use one, she uses the other.
I do put the lid down when I flush.
see it's not that uncommon.

He will shower and pee in the master bath but for other creations he uses the 1/2 bath. He goes on schedule and it's always when I'm in the master bedroom...he'd NEVER go in there while I'm in the bedroom.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
LMAO...my oldest just came in the room eating something...so I asked what he was eating.

He said "cheese and mustard...there is NOTHING in this house to eat...can we go out to eat???!?!?"...that's right, we don't even have BREAD! LOL

Hey at least they are creative!
Bishgits and musterd. mmmhmm.

Quote:
Do you like their chicken and dumplings? The chicken was like little tenderloins and the dumplings had the consistency of little bits of hardened elmers glue. BARF
I do like their C&D but I've not had anything else to compare them to. Hence, why I need your help to conduct this experiment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships