Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 01:37 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,786,192 times

Advertisements

The only reason I came back to the relationship forum was to share some insight and give hope to those who were giving up on love. I never would have imagined that a relationship could be as rewarding as what I've experience over the last three years.

For me it's not about quantity of years together with someone as it is about the quality of the relationship. I've known several people who were together for 30+ years and I wouldn't consider them in a healthy relationship, but just co-existing with each other.

Just my opinion.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:56 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Work pretty much sucks..... I don't know how people "define" themselves through their job.

It is just a job.

I could easily not work..........
THANK YOU!!!!

OMG, I can't stand when people do that!!!

Maybe if it's their life-long dream I can see it, or their passion is also their work, but few people are brave enough to do that, mostly because their "passion" doesn't have a nice paycheck attached.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Yeah, gave that a look see and there are a few hitches. Some clothes are marked in months, others in weight. So many colors etc. To be truthful I haven't even shopped for clothes for myself since before I was married. She did that and I just wore whatever she said I should wear. I'm afraid I'm not much up on fashion. I gave them my credit card and had them go shopping to rig up a baby room when she was born and they have all the usual baby paraphernalia. Sometimes I know exactly what the perfect thing is, other times I look around till something screams at me "here I am, I'm the perfect thing!" and I buy it. With the grandbaby nothing screams at me and my whole shopping method is short circuited.
Heck...I can take you shopping for baby stuff...that was my specialty a few years back...lol

Here's a little tidbit...toys that have one function are a no-no. Toys that make a lot of noise are a no-no too.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Oh, I like the keepsake holder idea, thanks. I did a brief search but only came across el cheapo thingies. I would want something beautiful so I'm going to do a search later when I get more time. I'm not a gift card person.
I have an idea!!!

Okay so when I turned a year old my parents bought me a name plate bracelet...similar to this one:

14K Gold Star Adjustable Baby ID Bracelet (Bracelets)

When I got married I used it as my "something old". We had some links added and I wore it as an anklet.

When my daughter turned 1 we did the same thing for her. If she decides to get married in the future I'll suggest it to her for her "something old".

Old 11-29-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Things Remembered also have some neat silver stuff you can have engraved.

Babies & Children at Things Remembered

That's a good idea too! I still have my baby cup that someone got me when I was born.

I should have just made one post...sorry peeps!

Old 11-29-2011, 02:46 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,572,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I have an idea!!!

Okay so when I turned a year old my parents bought me a name plate bracelet...similar to this one:

14K Gold Star Adjustable Baby ID Bracelet (Bracelets)

When I got married I used it as my "something old". We had some links added and I wore it as an anklet.

When my daughter turned 1 we did the same thing for her. If she decides to get married in the future I'll suggest it to her for her "something old".
I did this for my children too for their first b-day then personalized cup for the 2nd. Good idea!

Old 11-29-2011, 03:05 PM

I am so flippin' pissed right now!!!!!

I went out to move the car so my kids could play basketball and noticed a 4" scratch in my new car!

My older boys told me that my youngest was riding his bike on the driveway but it wasn't his bike becaues it's not tall enough to make the scratch.

Uggggh!!!! @#$%^&*

I'm pretty sure I know what happened...and I have no idea how to keep all the other kids off my freakin' driveway when the car is parked there. Logic would say to put it in the garage but we have a boat in there and it won't fit with the boat. I hate that F'ing boat too!

Okay, rant over.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:14 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
So, I was just thinking today... would it be wierd if over 3/4 of my posts were here in CD:R considering that I have very little actual relationship experience?

I do read/learn a lot of interesting things here, though...

Hell 90% of my posts are in this forum and I don't have that much experience at all.

Some words of insight, but mostly ass-hattery is what I mostly share.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:14 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Logic would say to put it in the garage but we have a boat in there and it won't fit with the boat. I hate that F'ing boat too!

Okay, rant over.
Sorry, dear.

It seems more logical to me for the boat to be out...

Old 11-29-2011, 03:17 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,359,441 times
Quote:

I am so flippin' pissed right now!!!!!

I went out to move the car so my kids could play basketball and noticed a 4" scratch in my new car!

My older boys told me that my youngest was riding his bike on the driveway but it wasn't his bike becaues it's not tall enough to make the scratch.

Uggggh!!!! @#$%^&*

I'm pretty sure I know what happened...and I have no idea how to keep all the other kids off my freakin' driveway when the car is parked there. Logic would say to put it in the garage but we have a boat in there and it won't fit with the boat. I hate that F'ing boat too!

Okay, rant over.
lol, sorry to hear about this...yeah, eff the boat!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships