Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 06:13 AM

2,358 posts, read 5,985,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
Why don't you just divorce him...because he snores. Hope he wises up and sees what he truly does not have in his relationship.
Koale
Thank you for your kind support. Hope you have a lovely day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 07:08 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,415,298 times
Default sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
Thank you for your kind support. Hope you have a lovely day.
but you need to wake up and take care of the man you supposedly love.
Nobody is perfect and as soon as you realize that I'm sure his snoring won't bother you quite so much.
K

Old 11-03-2011, 07:17 AM

380 posts, read 796,388 times
Sleep in separate rooms. Buy a loud fan or humidifier/de-humidifier (older models that don’t have the newer quieter technology). The noise will drown out the snoring. Trust me it works.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:23 AM

525 posts, read 900,598 times
Sounds like sleep apnea. Also A GRATe TOOL TO USE IS EAR PLUGS, and if that don't work through him in the trash bin.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:18 PM

For those who don't believe snoring can impact a marriage, think again.

Can Snoring Ruin A Marriage?

Blaming me for not loving him enough to deal with the snoring solves absolutely nothing. I love him enough to want to keep him around and that involves getting treatment. I cannot convince him to go for follow up to treat the sleep apnea he has already been diagnosed with and yes, I am angry with him about that. For HIS health as well as mine. Because I love him, I want him to get help.

Perhaps my first post came off as sounding flippant or something (because the snoring on the sofa irritates me,) but the underlying issue is that he has a problem that he will not address. The problem affects his life greatly. He is always tired as a result of snoring all night long. If he sits down, he falls asleep. Always. It also affects my life - I cannot get to sleep easily and once I do, I am repeatedly woken up during the night. This lack of sleep between both of us can lead to serious problems in our marriage. Research shows marriages where a partner snores badly have more of a chance of ending up in divorce. This is not just a case of me being unreasonably intolerant. He needs help and I don't know how to convince him to get the help he needs.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:43 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,800,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
but you need to wake up and take care of the man you supposedly love.
Nobody is perfect and as soon as you realize that I'm sure his snoring won't bother you quite so much.
K
You seem to be completely missing the point

This man is putting his life at risk. He has young children and our OP does not wish to be widowed. I'm sure she loves her husband very much and it is rude for you to accuse her of only "supposedly" loving him

Not to mention, his refusal to deal with his problem is both selfish and self-centered.

Our OP is not expecting her husband to be "perfect", just reasonable and respectful of her.

And unless you've lived with someone whose snoring is so bad that the windows literally rattle, you cannot possibly appreciate that this level of snoring is not something you just "accept". Again, this kind of snoring is not your normal, typical snoring.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:49 PM

159 posts, read 288,181 times
if he has sleep apnea, don't think that getting a cpap is the answer they are not for everyone-- I have apnea and the machine they have for me is just like putting a air hose up your nose the dam thing blows like 30 mph, no person can sleep with that strapped to your head-- i wish it would work cause they said during my sleep study I stop breathing like 20 times per hour---- yea yea, I know some of you are saying too bad you start breathing again

Old 11-03-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just anotherguy View Post
if he has sleep apnea, don't think that getting a cpap is the answer they are not for everyone-- I have apnea and the machine they have for me is just like putting a air hose up your nose the dam thing blows like 30 mph, no person can sleep with that strapped to your head-- i wish it would work cause they said during my sleep study I stop breathing like 20 times per hour---- yea yea, I know some of you are saying too bad you start breathing again
I'm sorry that doesn't work for you. Was it awhile ago? From talking to others who've had CPAP machines, they have improved in recent years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships