Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 10:09 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
I just wish women could be honest and stop playing games. Most guys are not psycho and can deal with that fact that you are not interested..
And most women are honest and don't play games. It's the few sour apples in both cases that makes it harder on the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 10:27 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
I never understood women who would stand there yakking with a man for half the evening, and then give him a fake phone number. If I didn't like someone enough to give him my number, I didn't talk to him long enough for him to ask for it. "Well, it was nice talking to you, but I need to get back to my friends."

Old 11-03-2011, 10:32 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,420,579 times
thank you..I mean cmon dont waste my time or yours.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:41 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
I have received my shared of numbers from women over the years..Granted they have mostly been from the bar scene. What I want to know is why do they bother giving out a number if they dont answer or have no intention on calling you back and/or going out with you.?
Cant a women just be honest and say im not interested in meeting a guy at a bar ? Or I have a boyfriend?
Don't as why, just accept the behavior.

People are weird and do things like that. I've had women give me numbers and I was the person that asked and I was the person that never called.

To many numbers out there.....go get more.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:45 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,160 times
Because they have no balls....literally and figuratively.

Part of being a man and a well-rounded respectful individual means doing things that are difficult to do, but the right thing to do. In this case, even though it's the right thing to simply state you're not interested, many women will elect to take the cowardly way out of the situation. They're not secure enough with themselves to take on the small amount of guilt of turning someone down. I don't know why, simple logic would explain that in the long run you're hurting the guy more by lying to him and leading him on, but women aren't known for their decision making based upon logical reasoning. They're emotionally driven in one direction or another at any given point in time. When a guy they are not interested in romantically asks them out, they immediate think of only their own potential feelings of guilt and take measure to opt out of that emotion and pass along those bad feelings to the guy.

The moral of this story should be that you learn a lot about someone in tough situations like these. Everyone looks great in an environment that is positive, but when you see how people react to adversity and confrontation....that's when you really get to know someone. In these cases, think of it as saving yourself time and money you would've otherwise wasted on such shallow individuals. You should hold higher standards for people regarding character.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:52 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
I just wish women could be honest and stop playing games. Most guys are not psycho and can deal with that fact that you are not interested..

Given that I have been approached by many, many, many guys before I got married, I cannot agree with this. Not pyscho perhaps. But deal well with not being interested. No. Men, PARTICULARLY at bars, are like predators.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
I never understood women who would stand there yakking with a man for half the evening, and then give him a fake phone number. If I didn't like someone enough to give him my number, I didn't talk to him long enough for him to ask for it. "Well, it was nice talking to you, but I need to get back to my friends."
You are looking at this from the perspective of a nice guy. Bear in mind that many of the men that approach us DON'T present as nice guys. Got any black in you? Want some? Can I have your number? as the first three things a guy says to you ... Yah sure I am going to give you my number you douchenbaggen.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Given that I have been approached by many, many, many guys before I got married, I cannot agree with this. Not pyscho perhaps. But deal well with not being interested. No. Men, PARTICULARLY at bars, are like predators.
I agree, I'm sure it's really hard to get rid of a guy after you've flirted with him and allowed him to buy you a few drinks. Why don't they just take no for an answer after that? What jerks those men.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I agree, I'm sure it's really hard to get rid of a guy after you've flirted with him and allowed him to buy you a few drinks. Why don't they just take no for an answer after that? What jerks those men.
I am with you there. I don't understand guy buys woman drink thing. I buy my own damned drinks. There are plenty of dorks of both genders.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
You are looking at this from the perspective of a nice guy. Bear in mind that many of the men that approach us DON'T present as nice guys. Got any black in you? Want some? Can I have your number? as the first three things a guy says to you ... Yah sure I am going to give you my number you douchenbaggen.
They wouldn't act like that if it didn't work.

Nice guys don't come across as nice guys because men know that isn't what women are looking for.

Another example: People complain about telemarketers that call their house. Why do they do this? Answer: because it actually does work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships