Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 08:57 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,421,066 times

Advertisements

I have received my shared of numbers from women over the years..Granted they have mostly been from the bar scene. What I want to know is why do they bother giving out a number if they dont answer or have no intention on calling you back and/or going out with you.?
Cant a women just be honest and say im not interested in meeting a guy at a bar ? Or I have a boyfriend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 09:08 AM

213 posts, read 1,107,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
I have received my shared of numbers from women over the years..Granted they have mostly been from the bar scene. What I want to know is why do they bother giving out a number if they dont answer or have no intention on calling you back and/or going out with you.?
Cant a women just be honest and say im not interested in meeting a guy at a bar ? Or I have a boyfriend?
They do that b/c they are the type that don't want to hurt your feelings, I guess. Some women have no problem telling you no and then some just don't want to be mean and reject you. It's just a game really. Don't get too excited if you are to get numbers from women, especially at bars.

I wish they would be honest. But that's just how it is. I have had times when they will give you a made up number or fake number and that's their way of getting out of it. Some will give you their real number but either don't answer your call or answer and act like they don't remember you. Games is all it is.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:09 AM

221 posts, read 598,271 times
They don't want to be badgered. Giving you a phone number is an easy way to get you to go away without feeling bitter. In the era of caller ID she can always just block your calls later. Cheap, easy, expedient, avoiding bitter reality. That's the way of today.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:22 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotQuiteNative View Post
They don't want to be badgered. Giving you a phone number is an easy way to get you to go away without feeling bitter. In the era of caller ID she can always just block your calls later. Cheap, easy, expedient, avoiding bitter reality. That's the way of today.
You can't block cell phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
It's also because women don't really know what your response is going to be if she tells you that she's not interested.

Let's be honest about men and their dispositions - women don't know if you're a Forrest Gump or a Rambo type at first glance. She doesn't want to be confronted with a rude mean guy if she says "no thanks" - guys are bigger than women and that can be intimidating. It's easier to just give a number to pacify him. I've had guys ask "did you give me a fake number"... which brings me back to - that's a confrontational type of question - and he's the kind of guy you'd give a fake number to.

I had a guy ask me for my number when I was engaged, I didn't have an engagement ring and when he asked me if I was single, I told him I was engaged and he said kinda pissed off - "how am I supposed to know that if you're not wearing a ring?". I said, "I don't have an engagement ring". And he basically wanted to argue with me that men wouldn't ask me out if I was wearing a ring to let them know I was taken and that it was my fault that he felt like a fool for asking for my number when I'm taken because if he saw a ring he wouldn't have asked me out.

So it's because of guys who behave like that - that women aren't blunt and honest about phone numbers, etc.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 11-03-2011 at 09:32 AM..

Old 11-03-2011, 09:26 AM

529 posts, read 1,301,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
You can't block cell phones.
Huh? I've done it. Through the verizon website.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:28 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elikhom View Post
Huh? I've done it. Through the verizon website.
Thru the website? I've got call blocking on my home phone and it doesn't work with numbers that are cell phones.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:34 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
Probably because some guys won't take NO for an answer....so they just give out a phony phone number...and he feels good...and she's rid of him.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:43 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,421,066 times
I just wish women could be honest and stop playing games. Most guys are not psycho and can deal with that fact that you are not interested..

Old 11-03-2011, 09:44 AM

529 posts, read 1,301,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Thru the website? I've got call blocking on my home phone and it doesn't work with numbers that are cell phones.
Oh, I'm talking cell to cell calls, haven't had a land line in a while. Non issue anyway, don't want to hijack the thread any longer.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:01 AM

221 posts, read 598,271 times
She can easily "block" cell calls by refusing to answer any from a number she decides to ignore, or from any she doesn't recognize. Also, the number she gives you might be for something like Google voice, which is easy to ignore permanently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships