Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2012, 05:56 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post

Also, contrary to popular belief, the world is not overpopulated. Mankind produces far more food than it is required to feed itself. It's simply unevenly distributed. A slum dwelling family in Bangladesh consumes barely 1/10th of what an average American family does.
I'm still chuckling about the duck picture and it's been like a minute or so since I saw it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 08:27 PM

70 posts, read 88,957 times
If the world isn't overpopulated, why are there people without homes if they can afford it? Why do forests have to be cut down to make rooms?

Forgive me, just curious.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:06 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye Star View Post
If the world isn't overpopulated, why are there people without homes if they can afford it? Why do forests have to be cut down to make rooms?

Forgive me, just curious.
I chalk it up to consumerism.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:03 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post

Also, contrary to popular belief, the world is not overpopulated. Mankind produces far more food than it is required to feed itself. It's simply unevenly distributed. A slum dwelling family in Bangladesh consumes barely 1/10th of what an average American family does.
I think we are arguing quality vs. quantity here.
I opt for quality.
We could always resort to soylant green and thereby even support more people. To what end? Why would anyone want more of us here when it's obvious that our lives would be a lot more pleasant with fewer?

There is nothing that is inherently good about more mouths to feed. Nothing. With us, as with most animals, life becomes very cheap as it becomes more numerous. If we don't take care of the situation the planet certainly will. We're not exempt from nature.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:05 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Saw the same damn thing the other day when I was at Starbucks. This terror of a child was running around the restaurant, knocked over the coffee bean basket and another display, pulled down the line-up rope, all the while his parents are standing there gawking at the menu like "should we order the macchiato or the cappucino? Do you want soy? I want soy..."

JFC!!!!!!!!!!
I deal with this at the library almost constantly when I visit and I've seen kids running around and screaming up a storm in the middle of the night at Walmart. It's like, take the brats home and put them to bed already!

Old 12-21-2012, 01:07 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I deal with this at the library almost constantly when I visit and I've seen kids running around and screaming up a storm in the middle of the night at Walmart. It's like, take the brats home and put them to bed already!
Yeah, no kidding. I went to go eat at Slows in Detroit, super busy all the time. Went in at 9:00 p.m. and some person ahead of me has 2 kids, no older than 6, trying to get a table. "Well can you rush it, it's past their bed time..." Look you guys, this is a weekend, this restaurant doubles as a bar, it's crazy busy, NO they cannot rush your table so your kids can get to bed... Hit up the McDonald's drive-thru and head home. Geez...

Old 12-21-2012, 05:17 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Yes, many people with kids are so rude and only think of themselves. If they cannot handle their kids they should not have had them.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:11 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,696,709 times
Hopefully, the childfree are enjoying 2013 thus far. I certainly am with peace and quiet (and a few extra $$$$ in the account).

Old 01-10-2013, 04:39 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Hell yes. Can't argue with peace and quiet.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:45 PM

837 posts, read 1,287,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Hopefully, the childfree are enjoying 2013 thus far. I certainly am with peace and quiet (and a few extra $$$$ in the account).
Don't say that, it would be so much better to be cleaning vomit or poo from little John's clothes or being told by 14 year old Amanda she's pregnant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships