Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2013, 06:12 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,590,770 times

Advertisements

Yes 33 year old male and very child free. I enjoy it for the most part, but get's a lot more lonley as I get older. But you can't beat the freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 07:45 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Yes 33 year old male and very child free. I enjoy it for the most part, but get's a lot more lonley as I get older. But you can't beat the freedom.
Your thirties are rough to be alone in, but if you wait a little longer the kids will all be grown up and there will be a new batch of eligible divorcées out there. I got married at 55, and so happy that I waited.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:38 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB22 View Post
Being childfree is terrific. Being able to sleep until 4 PM on Saturdays after partying the night before, nothing can replace that freedom.
I don't know if you're in your 20's, or if you're just being sarcastic. I wish I had at least one child and was remarried.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:00 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,002,043 times
When I was younger, I was childless by choice. Now nature (and surgery) made sure that I'm child-free.
I like it - a lot. I'm not maternal, and would HATE putting myself last (because children come first). It's all worked out. It's one of the top ten things in my life that has worked out.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:33 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
When I was younger, I was childless by choice. Now nature (and surgery) made sure that I'm child-free.
I like it - a lot. I'm not maternal, and would HATE putting myself last (because children come first). It's all worked out. It's one of the top ten things in my life that has worked out.
Well, I don't know 'maternal' from algae, but both my husband and I loved our little cat and plan to get another - or two. The thing with cats is that they are independent. What do you do? Clean and fill litter, give them food and water, take them to the vets. Everything else is pure fun with them. No real headaches. Children take a huge chunk out of your life, and lots of headaches. I just don't get it, why people want them. They're not as cute as cats and much more expensive.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:06 PM

9,099 posts, read 6,321,431 times
I am childfree. Having children in this day and age just doesn't make sense to me.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:05 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I am childfree. Having children in this day and age just doesn't make sense to me.
I agree it's difficult considering the kind of future available for them. 18 is the new 25, and even then the kids could marry and still live under your roof. It'd be nice to have that family bonding, just hope your financially prepared unlike the unlimited couples out there that dove in head first.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:56 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I don't know if you're in your 20's, or if you're just being sarcastic. I wish I had at least one child and was remarried.
Children are fantastic and they are so fascinating. I'm lucky enough to have a child and I look forward to having more. I hope you get to experience parenthood it's simply amazing.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:58 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB22 View Post
Hahah I'm late 20s. You are surely joking, if you think your life is bad, you don't know it could get much worse by having a child.
I'll never understand what kind of sick individual could say negative things about children. It's extremely disturbing. You don't want kids, thank god but there's no need to say such horrible things about them!

Old 09-30-2013, 02:20 AM

628 posts, read 1,389,731 times
I'm actually seriously considering this, because while I would love to raise children one day, although I wouldn't mind if it never happened, I just don't know how I will teach them the concept of empathy and how to appreciate life the way I have come to.~

It literally took me 17 years from birth to 17 years old to truly understand the concept of empathy and to appreciate life the way I do.~

How can I ask that of a child new born to this world who may or may not be absolutely beastly?~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships