Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 07:35 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
But not impossible. My wife claims she married me for my kitchen and the fact that I knew how to and used everything in it. She's also a good cook and one of our favorite pastimes is cooking together. We both enjoy cooking tremendously. Fortunately, she also likes to bake which I've yet to tackle.

My mother was a gourmet cook and I learned a lot from her and even more on my own. I had to teach the ex how to cook and after a time she became quite good at it. I also insisted that all my children learn. Especially in this day-and-age it's a necessary survival skill if nothing else. Too many other people don't or can't.

I'm also a grill master and probably grill five nights a week, year round, while my wife takes care of sides unless I'm also grilling vegetables from our garden. We have quite a varied yet healthy and tasty diet.
How very cool for both of you If you get into baking, you're gonna love it-- it's like therapy for me,like riding a Harley--just so calming

Last edited by believe007; 11-11-2011 at 08:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 08:09 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
How very cool for both of you If you get into baking, you're gonna love it-- it's like therapy for me....or riding a Harley--just so calming
My wife loves it. I'm not sure I have the patience.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:21 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
My wife loves it. I'm not sure I have the patience.
I'm that way with cooking-- takes a lot of patience for me to cook. Baking is way more enjoyable to me.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:25 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I'm that way with cooking-- takes a lot of patience for me to cook. Baking is way more enjoyable to me.
But baking takes so much precision...? Cooking can be a flurry of hodge podge and adjusting of flavors throughout the process. Much more forgiving.

Honestly, the worst part of cooking to me is all the prep.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:39 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
But baking takes so much precision...? Cooking can be a flurry of hodge podge and adjusting of flavors throughout the process. Much more forgiving.

Honestly, the worst part of cooking to me is all the prep.
I love the prep... the chopping and slicing.... but I'm so with you on the baking. Too rigid for me to find enjoyable... all the measuring, and if it turns out bad... you can't really do anything with it.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:48 PM

62 posts, read 70,797 times
Yes its always great to have a husband who can cook, I am with you Lastra main cook in the household but my husband is very supportive and sometimes enjoys getting in on helping me with things around the kitchen. This will be our Second Thanksgiving and Christmas together, and we have decided to do our own thing at home instead of the big family gatherings, Am quiet young not a lot of major cooking exp but looking forward to trying out the new recipes with the hubby and I

Old 11-11-2011, 09:06 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I love the prep... the chopping and slicing.... but I'm so with you on the baking. Too rigid for me to find enjoyable... all the measuring, and if it turns out bad... you can't really do anything with it.
Come be my preppy sous chef, please.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:13 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Come be my preppy sous chef, please.
/sharpens knives, finishes mise en place

We need a baker though.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:59 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
A woman who can't cook is like a man who can not change a tire. I feel sorry for these types of people.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:09 PM

494 posts, read 1,610,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
A woman who can't cook is like a man who can not change a tire. I feel sorry for these types of people.
I can't change a tire, but I can cook, and I'm not one bit ashamed of admitting that...

Gender roles are meant to be broken imho.

@Mikala

I dunno. Usually when I eff up baking stuff, I just find a way to eat it still, even if it taste like garbage. I don't let any food go to waste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships