Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 07:37 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times

Advertisements

Unless there's things you're not telling us, two years living together would suggest to me that they are both fairly settled where they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
All of you have valid points......I would hope that Im not conveying my prejudices unconsciously toward the relationship...But I do have a slight issue of him of just providing service to her, while plotting his next living situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 07:41 AM

677 posts, read 1,538,830 times
Quote:
All of you have valid points......I would hope that Im not conveying my prejudices unconsciously toward the relationship...But I do have a slight issue of him of just providing service to her, while plotting his next living situation.
BBM~

If this is true, does she know this or is he planning to skip out while she's working?

Old 11-18-2011, 07:43 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
You don;t seem to be painting a good picture here then..... Is she super unattractive and he a golden haired houseboy?

Why would he plot his next location? He has one with benefits

By plotting next location, do you mean cheating?

Old 11-18-2011, 07:44 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
My guess is the OP is a total hypocrit. If the sexes were reversed I doubt she would have any problem with the relationship. This is why a lot of men are angry with feminism and the womens movement. Double Standards and favoritism. Women expect total equal rights in the work place, equal wages etc, but they also receive preferential treatment when it comes to certain types of jobs, like police and firemen, where standards were lowered to allow more women access to these jobs. If they gave preferences to men, like extra scholarships and preferential hiring in fields like nursing, my guess is that women would get steamed.

Then we get to the personal relationship situations, and then women expect that equality is out the door. They want men to ask them out, pay for the date, open doors for them. When it comes to engagement, he must ask her, he gets on his knee, he buys the expensive ring. How many women will get on a knee or make some other production and ask a guy out or to get married. When it comes to the wedding, its all about the Bride. Its a world overrun with Divas. In marriage, she is free to stay home or work, but if he doesn't work, he's a bum. When it comes to divorce, she gets the kids automatically, he gets huge child support payments. Certainly there are exceptions, but this is largely the world we live in and its not a surprise, many man are rejecting the injustice of it by just refusing to play along. These are the guys who will not commit. When you consider the game is against them in many ways, its understandable that many men just don't want to play. There are even web sites encouraging men not to get married because of their belief that the system in rigged against men.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:47 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
As unfortunate as it is, this is becoming a sad fact.
I realise not every woman thinks this way, but it does seem to be on the rise, particularly among some of the younger ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
My guess is the OP is a total hypocrit. If the sexes were reversed I doubt she would have any problem with the relationship. This is why a lot of men are angry with feminism and the womens movement. Double Standards and favoritism. Women expect total equal rights in the work place, equal wages etc, but they also receive preferential treatment when it comes to certain types of jobs, like police and firemen, where standards were lowered to allow more women access to these jobs. If they gave preferences to men, like extra scholarships and preferential hiring in fields like nursing, my guess is that women would get steamed.

Then we get to the personal relationship situations, and then women expect that equality is out the door. They want men to ask them out, pay for the date, open doors for them. When it comes to engagement, he must ask her, he gets on his knee, he buys the expensive ring. How many women will get on a knee or make some other production and ask a guy out or to get married. When it comes to the wedding, its all about the Bride. Its a world overrun with Divas. In marriage, she is free to stay home or work, but if he doesn't work, he's a bum. When it comes to divorce, she gets the kids automatically, he gets huge child support payments. Certainly there are exceptions, but this is largely the world we live in and its not a surprise, many man are rejecting the injustice of it by just refusing to play along. These are the guys who will not commit. When you consider the game is against them in many ways, its understandable that many men just don't want to play. There are even web sites encouraging men not to get married because of their belief that the system in rigged against men.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:56 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,747 times
Quote:
Is that what's happening? If so then he's using her.

As for their living situation, is he doing all (or most) of the housework? After all, like some said, if the situations were reversed, then it's not strange but he better be doing the housework.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:01 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,807,148 times
i will admit..he does partcipate around the house like housework/etc.....so he is contributing....but just thinking about her feelings.....

Old 11-18-2011, 08:03 AM

677 posts, read 1,538,830 times
Quote:
i will admit..he does partcipate around the house like housework/etc.....so he is contributing....but just thinking about her feelings.....

Has she shared her feelings with you?

Old 11-18-2011, 08:06 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
You're right....My point exactly....Why would you choose to live this way.?
Confucious say "only thing worse than lazy man is nosy friend!"

Old 11-18-2011, 08:44 AM

31,052 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Confucious say "only thing worse than lazy man is nosy friend!"
Touche'. Like said, if the roles were reversed no one would say anything. In todays tough economy its no surprise when a woman makes more than a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships