Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 11:15 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,581,988 times

Advertisements

So we broke up back in August, we are still living together and are still good friends

She has been seeing a guy for about 2 months, and became "official" with him the other day, naturally I didnt take this very well

She has continually told me that she doesnt want to get back together "right now" and that I need to focus on myself and take care of my needs first, and to change adn be happy and get out of the negative pattern that I've been in.

About 4 weeks ago in a text message she said "You always have a chance, just change and be happy"

I had been drinking very heavily and was treating her like dirt in my drunken stupors when I found out she began seeing this guy. I stopped that and am now going to church and counseling, she also said in a text message "if you get help I'll think about it"

A month ago we slept together for the first time in 6 weeks

3 weeks ago I decided to cook dinner for her and she texted me and said "Davie ur amazing! Thank u so much for everything, I feel sooooo bad but I will make it up to you"

2 and a half weeks ago we hung out together and she told me she loved me "I love you DavieJ89"

Last week we hung out and slept together twice even though we were a little drunk, even though she is seeing this other guy she knowingly slept with me

She's planning on spending Thanksgiving with me even though she has a new bf

She says that she'll always be there for me and I told her I'd do the same

So its been 3 months, she still hasnt moved out, we still spend a good amount of time together, we still talk a lot, and Im working on improving myself (and its going very well)

I've also been doing little things just to grab her attention (a surprise pair of her favorite sunglasses, cleaning the house for her, doing her laundry, etc, I even cooked a chicken dinner and make roses with sketch paper and colored pencils, which she said was cute)

Do I have any chance of winning her back?

I cant really cut off all contact with her for the time being due to our living situation, there isnt any awkwardness between us, but do you think that by continuing doing what Ive been doing and that if we still hang out and have a good time, she canf all in love with me again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 11:20 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
What a dysfunctional situation.

You need to move out, stop seeing her, get yourself thinking clearly, then maybe, possibly, who knows, you may get back together.

The way it is at the moment though is just destroying you.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:23 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
Sounds more like she's stringing you along to survive and continue getting half the rent and a place to live. Doesn't sound like a healthy situation. You need to find a new roommate and let her alone, she sounds like a hot mess who will continue to manipulate you.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Sounds more like she's stringing you along to survive and continue getting half the rent and a place to live. Doesn't sound like a healthy situation. You need to find a new roommate and let her alone, she sounds like a hot mess who will continue to manipulate you.
She can afford the apartment without me because we have another roommate

Old 11-22-2011, 11:27 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
She can afford the apartment without me because we have another roommate
Whatever her reason for strining you along it's not doing you any good. You need to distance yourself from this girl. She's being reckless with your emotions.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:27 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,910 times
If this girl really loves you and wants to spend Thanksgiving with you, why does she still have the boyfriend? I'm sure there's a chance of winning her back, but it sounds like she's stringing you along.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:37 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,698,077 times
Do you really want to win back someone like her? You've seen what she's done to her current boyfriend. Would you ever want to be in that position?

Remember, if she can cheat with you, then she can cheat on you.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:48 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Do you really want to win back someone like her? You've seen what she's done to her current boyfriend. Would you ever want to be in that position?

Remember, if she can cheat with you, then she can cheat on you.
She sounds slutty, mentally unstable and a user of men. Yep, fine girlfriend material there

Old 11-22-2011, 11:49 AM

She had never done anything "slutty" when she was with me though, she and I had the most amazing times together, she was faithful to me

Old 11-22-2011, 11:50 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,746,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Do you really want to win back someone like her?
That's what I was thinking. She sounds young and immature. I've learned the hard way to never assume you'll eventually get back together with an ex. Sure, it's possible, and if it happens to occur then fine, but don't expect it and certainly don't get your hopes up. You'll just be setting yourself up for disappointment AND wasting time you could have spent moving on with your life. If it were me, the first thing I'd do is work on finding another place to live.

To be frank, my impression (and I could be way off) is that she's keeping you "on hand" just in case this other guy doesn't work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships