Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 03:24 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,274,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post
I see you're still busy disparaging the entire gender. How about sticking to the topic. What type of wife would suit you best?
How is telling you that the woman described in your little quiz wouldn't want you disparaging an entire gender?

And why are you so hung up on women, dating, relationships, and wives if you never want to have one?

Hmmmm?

Oh, and I'm female, as the icon beneath my name and the name itself would indicate, and I am straight, so I would not want a wife. Happy with the man I have, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 03:25 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,745,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I'm glad he is happy. However I would not want a wife who cut men down like some in this forum like to do.
Some people need cutting down. My husband loves my caustic wit and ability to stand up for myself. Lots of men can't stand a wimpy little girl for a wife.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I'm glad he is happy. However I would not want a wife who cut men down like some in this forum like to do.
I don't cut men down. I love men. I have the utmost respect for men. And women. There are certain people that I find whiney, bitter, and offensive - but this has nothing to do with gender. Believe me - the men in my life have all been wonderful people. I have no bad feelings for men.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:35 PM

479 posts, read 835,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Some people need cutting down. My husband loves my caustic wit and ability to stand up for myself. Lots of men can't stand a wimpy little girl for a wife.
Very nice those elements work for you and your husband. As indeed there are many men who value those attributes in a partner.

Personally, I don't consider a lack of said attributes to be weak. Quite the contrary I view them as strengths. To each his own.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:40 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,457,534 times
Lady on the street and a W in the bedroom

Old 11-23-2011, 03:41 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
What is buy projecting?
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post
It's nice to see you've gotten in touch with your masculinity.
An orchid is more masculine than the American women bemoaning twit brigade with have on this forum.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:41 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,745,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I love men.
So do I...with a nice glass of Chianti

Old 11-23-2011, 03:53 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,764,661 times
The perfect wife? I took the quiz as well and got "Partner Wife" as the result also, but even that couldn't describe adequately what the ideal lady of my dreams would be like.

To me, the perfect wife would be very loving, caring, affectionate, gentle, and kind. She would still be free to speak her mind of course, and tell me what she thought I could do to improve myself, or when she thought I was wrong -- just that she and I would be able to communicate that to each other in more of a non-combative way. Someone who loves lots of cuddling...and who also loves sharing frequent verbal affection as well Someone who doesn't mind receiving and sharing lots of "ILY's" (genuinely spoken, not frivolously). A sweet, soft-spoken, and soft-hearted girl would be the ideal -- but again, not that she needs to be a pushover at all, and I certainly want the power in the relationship to be split 50-50 equally.

Anyway that's my idea of the perfect wife Lol

Old 11-23-2011, 04:20 PM

479 posts, read 835,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
The perfect wife? I took the quiz as well and got "Partner Wife" as the result also, but even that couldn't describe adequately what the ideal lady of my dreams would be like.

To me, the perfect wife would be very loving, caring, affectionate, gentle, and kind. She would still be free to speak her mind of course, and tell me what she thought I could do to improve myself, or when she thought I was wrong -- just that she and I would be able to communicate that to each other in more of a non-combative way. Someone who loves lots of cuddling...and who also loves sharing frequent verbal affection as well Someone who doesn't mind receiving and sharing lots of "ILY's" (genuinely spoken, not frivolously). A sweet, soft-spoken, and soft-hearted girl would be the ideal -- but again, not that she needs to be a pushover at all, and I certainly want the power in the relationship to be split 50-50 equally.

Anyway that's my idea of the perfect wife Lol
Good clarification.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:08 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,274,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
So do I...with a nice glass of Chianti
Chardonnay goes better with roasted nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships