Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 09:50 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
In anything in life that you want, and is worthwhile, you have to chase after it. I don't understand how one can expect to ever be in a relationship if they never plan to put any effort into getting to know someone.

Your not realizing the point. Yes, of course if you like someone you must show interest and give it the "ole college try". But from what "some" people are alluding to is that they will not continue to chase someone who is not reciprocating the same interest. I am the same way. Although I am not single. If I were and I expressed interest in someone and didn't get anything in return,--poof, I'm gone. Done. Aint gonna waist my time no more. I always felt that if the person was the right person for you, their like or interest would be mutual. If a woman wants a chase, go play tag or something. I've got better things to do than beat a dead horse.

Plus, personally my ego is too big to chase like some hapless yap. I have to much pride. Although some would call that a sin, it is what it is..If you have to try to convince someone to like you, than they probably don't like you. It's a different generation today. Women pursue just as well as men. So this idea (old albeit) that the man must court and chase, blah, blah, blah is just rubbish..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 12:12 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Women pursue just as well as men. So this idea (old albeit) that the man must court and chase, blah, blah, blah is just rubbish..

Old 11-24-2011, 12:15 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Eh. I'm not much of an initiator nor pursuer.

If a woman wants me, I'm not difficult to find.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:53 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
I don't know if I necessarily "chase" but I do make the first move when guys get intimidated (which is alot)

Old 11-24-2011, 10:13 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Why are they "intimidated"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I don't know if I necessarily "chase" but I do make the first move when guys get intimidated (which is alot)

Old 11-24-2011, 10:58 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
You chase something....it tends to run away from you. Not towards you.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:25 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Can I ask what age group this is referring to? I don't chase and never have. I show interest, but have always felt if a man was interested in me he would make it happen, so to speak. I believe all that "he's just not that into you" stuff.
So if a woman is interested but she doesn't make it happen, wouldn't she be sending the very same message?

Old 11-25-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Why are they "intimidated"?
There are women who think that if a guy doesn't approach them it means they are intimidated. Thing is that maybe the guy simply doesn't like how they look, how they are, OR BOTH. But I guess it makes women feel better to say that the guy was intimidated, shy, etc.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:32 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
There are women who think that if a guy doesn't approach them it means they are intimidated. Thing is that maybe the guy simply doesn't like how they look, how they are, OR BOTH. But I guess it makes women feel better to say that the guy was intimidated, shy, etc.
Or the guy isn't getting any type of sign that the woman is interested in him.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Or the guy isn't getting any type of sign that the woman is interested in him.
Or the guy isn't into middle school games where she sends hints, clues, sends a messenger to tell him, plays with her hair, etc. and instead wants a woman who will be more straight/direct, or verbal about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships