Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 08:54 PM

230 posts, read 315,361 times

Advertisements

I learned that a co-worker led me on for months while he was seeing another co-worker. I had no clue they dated. The other woman is no longer with him and we became friends.

We compared notes and we filled in a lot of blanks for one another regarding our experiences with this guy. He's super charming and knows how to keep you interested just enough to keep you stuck on him. He really played me for a fool, insisting on seeing certain movies with me, but never calling and telling me to call him, only to blow me off and not return my call. He wined and dined me after work and continued to ask me if I wanted to go out with him on weekends, but never followed through.

I later found out that he saw those movies with her. Turns out he only used her and was camped out at her place every weekend he wasn't with his kids and being real intense with her. Insisting that he loved her and constantly emailing, texting, etc. After several months he decided to move on from her, but wouldn't tell her. She said they were so intense and he was the perfect gentleman the whole time, but then he started avoiding her at work with no explanation and she had to track him down to get one. I told him that I feel like he doesn't respect me and he just shrugged his shoulders and walked off. We haven't been speaking since.

I've learned that everything about this guy is such a facade. I'm pissed that he got away with his game and the fact that I still have to see him every day at work doesn't help. I'd love to out him to our other co-workers but I don't want to be childish. Should I get a new job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 08:58 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
No don't get a new job. Set him up. Set him up with some horrible egotistical controlling freak!

Old 12-07-2011, 09:12 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymRAT3311 View Post

I've learned that everything about this guy is such a facade. I'm pissed that he got away with his game and the fact that I still have to see him every day at work doesn't help. I'd love to out him to our other co-workers but I don't want to be childish. Should I get a new job?
No. Blow him off and forgetaboutit...

Old 12-07-2011, 09:15 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
No. Blow him off and forgetaboutit...
This. Do not give up a good job over a bad dating experience.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:21 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,425,820 times
Sounds like you dodged a bullet.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:21 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,603,599 times
There is a reason not to combine pleasure and business.
You could report him to HR on sexual harrasment.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
She would have to show that his activities were unwelcome or that he was pressuring her into the relationship with the potential of negative repercussions if she didn't cooperate. But it appears she was a willing participant and was under no pressure to do so.

[with that stated, that's a double-edged sword because he could try to claim she harrassed him)

Old 12-07-2011, 11:08 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Maybe I missed something, I don't see grounds for sexual harrassment.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:11 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,508,726 times
Quote:

That would be filing a false complaint. You don't report something like that to get even. If HR finds out the complaint is bogus, you could end up out of a job.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:20 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times
This is an example of reason 14 of why you do not have a personal relationship with a person at work, yes, some of them work but that is rare.

Don't quit because of this joker, as of now you don't have a harassment case, but if he continues to go bug you after you told him to stop, you will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships