Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 11:42 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry
That may not be nice but when did women ever go for nice men?

Read a few other threads. Nice is a 4 letter word to women on here.

You are confusing this with good provider with assets.
It's been my experience that women, just like men, experiment with various partners when they are younger. Just like me, they probably had their own experience with the hot, gorgeous, sexy significant other that was otherwise completely useless and got old fast.

The difference is, women seem to figure this out earlier than men, some of whom actually never figure it out at all. I wouldn't have a thing to do with a woman under 25 right now (as if, my realistic range is significantly older than that). 25 is an arbitrary marker of course, but IMHO and experience that's when women start making more sensible and realistic choices about long term relationships.

The OP has not likely had much experience with women in this stage of development. Long story short, the nice guy thing does work - eventually and on more mature women.

I tried it when I was younger and of course it didn't work. Now it works quite well. Too well, according to my wife.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:56 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Great post!

Also, I don't know how you can say you're not a great looking guy.

He's not great looking. He's decent looking, but not great looking.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:12 PM

649 posts, read 1,132,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I have endured almost 16 PAGES of this self-serving drivel, and in the immortal words of Popeye 'that's all I can stands, and I can't stands no more!'

Listen up, Luke Skywalker...I have socks in my dresser and dirt in my flower beds that are both older and more experienced than you...you obviously need to learn respect for others, both here and in the real world, judging by your somewhat weak attempts to crack wise at anyone here who dares to speak on the facts:

A) Your 'game' probably consists of being the local Public Library Monopoly Champ

B) Photoshop is a wonderful thing...if those pics ARE of you and various nubile lasses, then I will give you credit---NOT!! Tell the truth---your idea of a hot date is a stack of Playboy magazines with the pages stuck together, a bottle of warm water, a well-worn tape recorder (for practicing all those 'swinging bachelor' lines on ), and various bags of rotting fruit (y'know...cantaloupes, honeydews, watermelons, etc) that have been strategically hollowed-out...

C) I doubt very seriously whether any of the men in this thread, or the entire forum for that matter, are lining up to take relationship and life advice from a smart-mouthed post-adolescent who dresses like 'Flip Fappiano: Professional Goon'

Folks, if I seem a little testier than usual, it's because I get triple-torqued at people who pass themselves off as some kind of Robostud, and then get upset and start flinging generalizations and smart-a**edness ('40 year old virgins' 'bitter feminists' 'beta males') when someone tries to tell the Emperor that he has no clothes...

'Player' was a one-hit wonder band back in the 70's...I strongly suggest you spend a little more time seeing the world and actually gaining some concrete, lasting life experience, and stop wasting energy mouthing off at people, and going on ad infinitum about how many 'hot chicks' you think you can get with your allegedly snappy lines...
dude that was AWESOME, have you ever done stand up??? but seriously, the OP was cool, the original post had some common sense, then it went downhill as the thread progressed lol

Old 12-14-2011, 01:43 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
I have endured almost 16 PAGES of this self-serving drivel, and in the immortal words of Popeye 'that's all I can stands, and I can't stands no more!'

Listen up, Luke Skywalker...I have socks in my dresser and dirt in my flower beds that are both older and more experienced than you...you obviously need to learn respect for others, both here and in the real world, judging by your somewhat weak attempts to crack wise at anyone here who dares to speak on the facts:

A) Your 'game' probably consists of being the local Public Library Monopoly Champ

B) Photoshop is a wonderful thing...if those pics ARE of you and various nubile lasses, then I will give you credit---NOT!! Tell the truth---your idea of a hot date is a stack of Playboy magazines with the pages stuck together, a bottle of warm water, a well-worn tape recorder (for practicing all those 'swinging bachelor' lines on ), and various bags of rotting fruit (y'know...cantaloupes, honeydews, watermelons, etc) that have been strategically hollowed-out...

C) I doubt very seriously whether any of the men in this thread, or the entire forum for that matter, are lining up to take relationship and life advice from a smart-mouthed post-adolescent who dresses like 'Flip Fappiano: Professional Goon'

Folks, if I seem a little testier than usual, it's because I get triple-torqued at people who pass themselves off as some kind of Robostud, and then get upset and start flinging generalizations and smart-a**edness ('40 year old virgins' 'bitter feminists' 'beta males') when someone tries to tell the Emperor that he has no clothes...

'Player' was a one-hit wonder band back in the 70's...I strongly suggest you spend a little more time seeing the world and actually gaining some concrete, lasting life experience, and stop wasting energy mouthing off at people, and going on ad infinitum about how many 'hot chicks' you think you can get with your allegedly snappy lines...
Best post ever!!!! Hahahahahahaha

Old 12-14-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Sir (see there---I can be respectful too), I really don't give a bag of boiled beans what he does with the remainder of his life...and as far as being mad, son, you ain't SEEN me mad yet, especially not about the prospect of some chat-forum person even having a remote chance of becoming anyone of importance in my life (my doctor someday? get a grip---my wife and I both visit a very professional and experienced doctor, thank you very much)...just because women kept telling you 'I'm sorry Horace---I can only be a sister to you!' and you walked around tripping over your lower lip from pouting 'woe is me---I'm nice and I can't get any girls...will my willie-willie fall off eventually from non-use?', that dosen't mean being nice and respectful to women is a total fail...but you don't wanna hear that---no, you wanna keep going 'Ugh---me bad boy, you woman---come back to well-appointed cave with me!'...keep thinking that, and you'll go realllly far in life

So, having said that, why don't you and he both be good scouts, hold hands and look both ways while crossing the street, and take a good long hike?

Because Old Beelzebub himself will be advertising air-conditioned townhomes in Hades before I find myself in need of relationship, dating, or any other type of advice from either of you...I swear, some folks don't have the sense god gave a stunt-driving mosquito to ride his tiny motorcycle around the inside of a chocolate Cheerio
Your writing kills me. Love it.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidArizona View Post
dude that was AWESOME, have you ever done stand up??? but seriously, the OP was cool, the original post had some common sense, then it went downhill as the thread progressed lol
My thoughts exactly. Both of his posts had me in stitches.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:23 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,031,823 times
I find it interesting that in 36 hours, this thread has garnered more views and responses than many that have been up for WEEKS.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardRiderNF View Post
The reason is because this young man is telling us the truth. About everything. I really enjoyed his post about Race, Disadvantages and dating. I also agree with him that in today's society we are letting women control how a man is supposed to behave. Most people are just so afraid to hear the truth. There is a reason why they say ignorance is bliss.

It goes back to history, with kings and dictators, many people don't like it when a person speaks what is essentially the truth. I am in my late 20's and I wish I figured out this much earlier, because if I did I would have been getting mad you know what during that time. I basically did exactly what he told me and in one month I had 3 or 4 girls lined up. Seriously, and what I would just add is to seize every opportunity and go for cues. If a girl starts a conversation with you like at a store, she is obviously interested in you. If you have the slightest of attraction towards her ask her out, and if she says no move on or makes up an excuse move on. Don't just walk away and end the conversation, ask her for a number or ask her to do something

I had some doubts about today's younger generation being to influenced by mainstream media, but the OP is the man.

He doesn't have the life experience to come to any conclusions. There's posters here that say it the way it is, but don't have the smug arrogance. In real life, he's going to say the wrong thing to the wrong person and he'll be humbled pretty quickly.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardRiderNF View Post
How is he being smug and arrogant? In my opinion he is just trying to help guys who are having trouble getting a girl. Isn't being rejected by a girl a humbling experience? He did not say he was all that, and that he can get any girl he wants. Most men make it so complicated, when it shouldn't be. In nature the male always does something to attract a female in order to mate. We are no different. However, we are so influenced by the media, by our behaviors, and scared of rejection. It is like rejection is a death sentence. There are millions of women in this world and as long as you are yourself, regardless of age, sex, race or economic status you should find a women who would allow you mate with her. It might take 1 attempt, it might take 100, but as long as you be yourself and don't focus on what the Hollywood media, or white america wants you to think you should get a girl eventually.

I would also tell many men out there not to try to online dating route. The only reason why it is so popular is because mainstream media tells us it is. You are in a women's mercy if you go the online dating scene. Basically they will be measuring every guy based off what mainstream media tells them what qualities, races, and types are attractive. The best thing to do is get out there. You have a better chance of going out with that girl you like in the real world, rather than the cyber word.

You likely have trouble with women, so you're probably going to believe everything OP tells you. He's 19. He does not have the age, experience, or wisdom someone even just 5 years older has. You know damn well he's smug and arrogant in his posts. Any guy here that has a minimal experience with women knows he's full of sh*t. The fact that he resorts to insults when someone disagrees with him proves that.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:26 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,912 times
my whole thing is, you have to be adaptable, what works at 19 ain't gonna work at 30 necessarily, if he talks/treats women (say late 20's and up) the way he does with the 19 year old girls, I'm not so sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships