Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 04:16 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What are you talking about...? Is he not there or is it over?
It's over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 04:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It's over.
Sorry to hear that...

Old 12-16-2011, 04:24 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
It's over.
Sorry that guy didn't work out for you.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:26 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
Are you sad because you don't have someone during the holidays?

I have randomly met people who have told me their whole life story and sad times. I think it has a lot to do with feeling lonely during the holidays. Maybe it's because they don't have anyone to exchange Christmas gifts or ring in the New Year or not being able (yet again) to bring anyone home for Thanksgiving. Failed marriages, failed relationships, separations, etc. I've heard it all. I'm so sad for those who are hurting but I wonder if everyone tends to feel worse during the holidays when they are alone rather than any other time of year?
Holidays have nothing to do with Relationships in my book.
I would not force myself to be in a relationship just because of holidays.
Don't let the media hype brainwash you into sadness just because of holidays, instead enjoy it.

People do have 1-2 days a week so that is a personal holiday too plus vacations and that does not mean you seek for relationships just because of that.

Xmas gifts is a religious thing and not everyone does it plus if we are talking about USA then it is a multi religion nation.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:42 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
yea oh well. can be sad all you want, not going to change the circumstances

Old 12-16-2011, 04:49 PM

4 posts, read 4,049 times
Quote:

I have randomly met people who have told me their whole life story and sad times. I think it has a lot to do with feeling lonely during the holidays. Maybe it's because they don't have anyone to exchange Christmas gifts or ring in the New Year or not being able (yet again) to bring anyone home for Thanksgiving. Failed marriages, failed relationships, separations, etc. I've heard it all. I'm so sad for those who are hurting but I wonder if everyone tends to feel worse during the holidays when they are alone rather than any other time of year?
You're right about the holidays. I have an apartment above a counselor's office. Everything is very private, but she said that November and December are the busiest times of the year.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:05 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Thank you Sierra and Prince Frog. Time to sit down for some introspection on my part. Never fun.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:17 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Thank you Sierra and Prince Frog. Time to sit down for some introspection on my part. Never fun.
Hey, the person who chooses to stay with you will have quite the woman.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:18 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,539 times
Quote:

I'm single. And no man, the holidays are the best time of the year. Decorations, holiday music, presents, and a brand new year.... who can complain. This is a time to celebrate with family and friends.... the loved ones that we do have. Not a time to find something to make ourselves upset over. Anyone who doesn't realize that is doing themselves a great disservice. And missing out on this beautiful time of the year!

Old 12-16-2011, 09:21 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:

I'm going on a vacation so I'll cry in my beer when I get there...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships