Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 09:44 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,412,293 times

Advertisements

When you engage conversation with younger adults (early 20s to late 20s), are you able to tell right away whether someone is mature or not by how the way they think? I'm wondering how older people can tell the difference from someone who is maturing and someone who is not (or claims to be mature).

Is maturing a process of a changing heart or is it a responsibility one must take?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 09:51 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,049,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
When you engage conversation with younger adults (early 20s to late 20s), are you able to tell right away whether someone is mature or not by how the way they think? I'm wondering how older people can tell the difference from someone who is maturing and someone who is not (or claims to be mature).

Is maturing a process of a changing heart or is it a responsibility one must take?
There's similarities in maturity, but it's also differences with every person.

Is he able to hold a job
Is he able to take care of his finances
Can he take care of himself.
Assuming reponsibility for his actions

If you can associate these with the person/people you're referring to, they are mature.

Of course if they are immature mentally they aren't completely matured, and probably have issues with some of the above.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:52 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,045,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
When you engage conversation with younger adults (early 20s to late 20s), are you able to tell right away whether someone is mature or not by how the way they think?
I'm not a mind reader, but...

I can tell if someone is mature by the way he/she carries him/herself, they way they speak, the topics they discuss, how they approach others, etc..

Old 12-22-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post

I can tell if someone is mature by the way he/she carries him/herself, they way they speak, the topics they discuss, how they approach others, etc..
You must think I'm immature as all heck then! LOL

Old 12-22-2011, 09:57 PM

7,954 posts, read 8,239,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
There's similarities in maturity, but it's also differences with every person.

Is he able to hold a job
Is he able to take care of his finances
Can he take care of himself.
Assuming reponsibility for his actions

If you can associate these with the person/people you're referring to, they are mature.

Of course if they are immature mentally they aren't completely matured, and probably have issues with some of the above.
Damn, this would mean there's a lot of immature people in this country. Including those who hold public office.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
You must think I'm immature as all heck then! LOL
You're exempt because I don't know you in real life. Everyone's an idiot on the internet.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:01 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,222,802 times
Quote:

I sometimes think maturity is overrated. There are so many mature and unhappy people. When me were immature kids, those were some of our most happiest moments.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I sometimes think maturity is overrated. There are so many mature and unhappy people. When me were immature kids, those were some of our most happiest moments.

Life is what you make it. I'm mature and happy. No problems here.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Damn, this would mean there's a lot of immature people in this country. Including those who hold public office.
Yeah, actually I think so.

I mean you should live within' your means. If you only bring home 1600 a month you shouldn't impulse buy that new Jag, or that really expensive purse unless you've been saving for it.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
You're exempt because I don't know you in real life. Everyone's an idiot on the internet.
LOL you think I"m an idiot!

Eh, yeah you can probably apply it to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships