Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 03:21 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times

Advertisements

there's a lot I'd like to say in response to that but I know it'd get me moderated because they don't allow free speech on here, so I'll just say that you're very wrong. you can either come to that realization or you can accept any stereotypes being said about your gender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 03:29 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I think it's more cultural than anything. We don't wanna seem vulnerable. The guy is supposed to be a solid rock, crying only when his trusty canine dies or when his wife dies.

Honestly when I look at situations in retrospect, there have been plenty of times where I've wanted to tell someone how I really feel but instead I lie and say I'm fine.
Yep, men are trained from birth to conceal their feelings at all cost. This is a primal instinct is necessary to protect them and their family from ALL threats.

A man can not be a "warrior" if his reaction to threats is crying.

Crying is allowed only when they feel pain from death or severe injury to a family member or very close friend.

So when someone says......."It's a guy thing" believe them since it's all about being a warrior in spirit as well as physical sometimes.

If I were a woman I'd guess that I'd feel safer with a man who wasn't a blubbering mess in times of danger with his quiet resolve. That is one time a woman needs to shut up and trust their guy.

Last edited by Grandpa Pipes; 12-24-2011 at 03:37 PM..

Old 12-24-2011, 05:50 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
as long as you have a pretty face and sexy body that man is yours literally

LOL. If only life worked like that. There's plenty of beautiful women that are single. I guess their pretty faces didn't land them a man so quickly.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:01 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMoon17 View Post
I worked in mental health services with boys from age 10-18 who would constantly come in talk to me cry, and want a hug.

I think it really comes down to society frowning upon men showing emotions especially when they are sad. There are much more sensitive men out there then we think.

That's my theory and experience anyway. I think it really has to do nuture vs. nature in this situation.
My guess is that it's more fluid than that. I think it could be either/or, or maybe even both at the same time. Same is true for women. Some people are just not emotionally expressive. But since I only date men, I asked about them, and the research on brain differences between the two genders makes me wonder as well.

Last edited by srjth; 12-24-2011 at 06:11 PM..

Old 12-24-2011, 06:11 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Although I think men have a harder time expressing themselves... women tend to cover over their feelings with alot of muck.

In other words...men will tell you what's going on if it is that big of a deal to tell.

Women on the other hand will tell you what's wrong but that is not necessarily what it is that is bothering them. Even they themselves may be confused with their emotions and will bounce from one problem to the next to where us men are like so is it this or is it that. Then it could be a completely different thing from those two things. Then it can shift in a blink of an eye to the man being the reason they are emotionally distraught.

~Phew!~

Old 12-24-2011, 06:19 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
all men do thin with their penises. look at the thread why do maried men stare, sorry but the men are pigs staenent jus didnt come out of thin air.

i have 5 brothers and just recently got out of hig school guess what the boys taled abt? my bf is in college college aged guys are the same

1.sports
2/ womens butts/boobs/sex etc
3.video games

please dont tell me that i dont know about the male gender because i do. you aer just in denial

even my sociology teacher said woman can basically control men with our bodies & seduction and the teacher was a guy lmfao
loo at the comments on this forum and other things directed at men as long as you have a pretty face and sexy body that man is yours literally
Wow! Do you proof read or are you just that bad at spelling??

Saying "all" men are pigs is wrong.

However, coming from an uneducated person you probably think you are right. Just getting out of hig school I would say you didn't graduate.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:45 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,126 times
Lightbulb My My...Where Do I Start?

Quote:
all men do thin with their penises. look at the thread why do maried men stare, sorry but the men are pigs staenent jus didnt come out of thin air.

i have 5 brothers and just recently got out of hig school guess what the boys taled abt? my bf is in college college aged guys are the same

1.sports
2/ womens butts/boobs/sex etc
3.video games

please dont tell me that i dont know about the male gender because i do. you aer just in denial

even my sociology teacher said woman can basically control men with our bodies & seduction and the teacher was a guy lmfao
loo at the comments on this forum and other things directed at men as long as you have a pretty face and sexy body that man is yours literally
First of all, de Nile is a river in Egypt...if the river is in Egypt, then I can't possibly be in de Nile, now can I? Sort THAT out with your ink-ain't-dry yet high school diploma...

Secondly, whoever told you that you know ANYTHING about the male gender, after using your brothers, your college bf, your sociology teacher, and Ned the wino who sits in front of the neighborhood liquor store, and after you admitted you recently graduated high school, is a chronic and habitual liar...mouth and attitude and smart remarks on a chat forum don't make you an expert---it only shows you don't know your hind end from a hole on a golf course...

Third, I would suggest you curtail your visits to the monkey house at the local zoo as research into male behavior...it wastes your time and makes the monkeys wonder 'who IS that chick with the notebook and the digital camera?' If you base your assumptions on being around your brothers and your bf, then your cause is truly lost...you need to get around people who have more than a high-school or college education, and quit accepting the locker-room talk you overhear as some lost gospel or something...

We are not all pigs, no matter how much BS someone fills your head with, or how much junk you watch on TV...maybe if you learned how to actually interact with people, instead of seeing how much attitude you can dish out, maybe you just might get somewhere in life

Old 12-24-2011, 06:52 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,126 times
Lightbulb And Furthermore...

Quote:
and yes of course i m talking about guys my age. but in general men are the same. some show emotions only when nescessry

i think captaincatfish is an older guy but older guys can be pervs today in the mall some old guy in the store would not take his eyes off me
Full disclosure---yes I AM an older guy, and frankly, you need to do something else besides worry about either my age-range or anything else in my life that ain't your business...

And how conceited have you become, that you brag about 'some old man in the store who wouldn't take his eyes off of me?'...Hmmm---I'll bet he was thinking 'why doesn't that mouthy adolescent go home and put some clothes on, and quit babbling about knowing about stuff she can't possibly be knowledgeable about?' Dwell on that possibility for a while

Old 12-24-2011, 06:57 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
I have been slowly sippin' on egg nogg this whole time and reading these back and forths and it has been very entertaining!

And this egg nogg doesn't have rum in it!

Old 12-24-2011, 09:12 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Here's a long-standing question I've had. How come so many guys have trouble expressing their feelings? A lot of guys say they have trouble with this. I don't get why.

I've heard that for men it's biological or evolutionary, and I really want to believe this, but the problem is that some guys do just fine with expressing feelings, while others don't. I've also seen some go from expressive to not expressive and still claim that they don't know how.

I just don't understand what's going on in the menfolk brain/heart. Please explain.
I'm a guy and I have no problems expressing my feelings at all...in fact I actually like doing so!

ETA: but yes, I have often wondered about your question above, myself as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships