Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 04:06 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,724,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
That might be a good idea but for some reason both of us can't seem to do that. We tried but it lasted all of a few months. I can't remember if i posted this but last night he invited me to dinner tonight.
Well obviously he can't seem to see a break as a break because he hasn't worked out yet what his sexual preference is (if there is indeed a choice to be made) but there's no reason that you shouldn't be able to, other than the fact that you're still hung up on him. You're quite a bit older than he is so don't you think maybe it behooves you at this point to be the adult here and back off for a while?

Did you accept the dinner invitation for tonight? I believe I know the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 04:26 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,467,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Well obviously he can't seem to see a break as a break because he hasn't worked out yet what his sexual preference is (if there is indeed a choice to be made) but there's no reason that you shouldn't be able to, other than the fact that you're still hung up on him. You're quite a bit older than he is so don't you think maybe it behooves you at this point to be the adult here and back off for a while?

Did you accept the dinner invitation for tonight? I believe I know the answer.
I did accept the dinner invitation.

I get it I am older then he is but we are both adults and being older does not mean I have the correct answers. What has happened in this relationship is new to me and I am lost and confused myself. All I know is at the very least I want to be his friend and I get the same vibe from him other then that I don't know much.

Last edited by Josseppie; 01-03-2012 at 05:10 PM..

Old 01-04-2012, 01:12 PM

I had dinner with him last night and it went good. There are defiantly some issues both he and I need to work out but I think they can be worked out in the long run. This was the second time we hung out since the time out and in many ways it was like it was before with him being the one in charge and me following him around. Like I have posted if given the chance I would date him, however, that is not in the cards, at least for now, so I am ok being his friend.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:19 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,786,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Someone suggested I start a new thread. I decided it was a good idea so here it is..........

I just finalized dinner plans with my ex and I am meeting him at a local sushi restaurant. I am kind of nervous as I have not hung out with him since July but I think enough time has passed that I am able to be his friend. I just hope the same is true with him.

It will be interesting to see if he still whines like he use to and more importantly if he leads me on. He currently has a gf so if he does try to lead me on it would have a opposite affect. I would not say anything at dinner but will laugh after and feel sorry for him and especially his gf. I mean who would want to date someone if they are actively leading on other guys and girls? I know I would not. To me it would show that he would have no problem cheating on his partner and cause me to be thankful that I am not dating him but only his friend.

When its over I will post how it went...............

I am friends with my ex because we have children together. We go to dinner on occasion if needed, but neither one of us wants anything more than for our children to be happy. I will admit that if we didn't have children, I probably could do without all the contact.

Maybe you need closure?

Old 01-04-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I am friends with my ex because we have children together. We go to dinner on occasion if needed, but neither one of us wants anything more than for our children to be happy. I will admit that if we didn't have children, I probably could do without all the contact.

Maybe you need closure?
Since I have never had kids and most likely never will I can't really relate to that but I do understand that having kids would create ties to a ex that in my reality will never be the case.

As far as me needing closure I needed that during the break and got it from talking to him as I now understand it was not me that was the problem but his own issues so I no longer look back and wonder what if. Now I really am honest when I say yes I would like to date him but understand that he can not at the moment and while it will take work I would rather have him in my life as a friend then not at all.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:54 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
He has a girlfriend yet he's going out for dinner with you?

I wouldn't be ok with my boyfriend taking his ex out to dinners.

In my opinion you become friends with exes years down the track when all the emotional scars have healed. I think you're rushing things here.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:18 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times

Old 01-04-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
He has a girlfriend yet he's going out for dinner with you?

I wouldn't be ok with my boyfriend taking his ex out to dinners.

In my opinion you become friends with exes years down the track when all the emotional scars have healed. I think you're rushing things here.
To be honest I am not even sure she knows who I am let alone that we hang out. I know of her but that is it and since she has been with my ex bf the only time I saw her was when I saw them at the local gay bar on new years. If you look back I posted about it and he and I had drama. Should that bother me? I don't know but I can honestly say I am indifferent and if I do meet her then ok but if I do not that is ok too. Plus to be honest going out to dinner is the least of what we have planned over the next 6 months. Last night we talked about going to Las Vegas for my birthday and NYC for his birthday then we are going to ski and hopefully go to the Bronco Playoff game this weekend if he can get off work. If he does he would stay the night at my house Saturday night so we could go out to the bar and just head to the game on Sunday. We are going as friends but at some point I would think his GF would figure out who he was going with and I have no idea what her reaction will be.

You make a good point about being to fast but the 4 months was torture and by December my cousin was telling me to call him already. The funny thing was he told me that he thought when I called him he would not answer the phone or if he did blow me off. I called and not only did he answer but the very next night we had dinner. He was very surprised but in a way I was not as I have always felt we did not break up because we did not get along but because he was not able to face the fact he is gay or bi. That is why I do not take it personal and if he is not able to date me at this time I would rather be his friend as we get along and have a lot of the same interests and for me that is hard to find even with friends.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post

Old 01-04-2012, 04:23 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Your boyfriend needs to come out of the closet already.

All signs are pointing to him wanting to be with you, and if that's not the case, then he just enjoys you paying for expensive trips.

I think you should call him out and get all this sorted immediately...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships