Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2007, 11:34 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
I did not snub him, I dm'd him about it.......

One of my good friends on the thread doesn't like me giving too much local info... Hi M!
I hope you're at the festival!! Or is that festivus? Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2007, 12:03 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I hope you're at the festival!! Or is that festivus? Enjoy!
Seinfeld fan by any chance?

Old 10-13-2007, 05:13 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Default I saw someone

The kids and I sat in the grass, taking a break from all of the walking, looking at the different food vendors.

We were trying to decide which food we wanted. I looked at everyone passing us by, the so many different kinds of people, young and old, every denomination.

I sat there, almost in a zone, looking into the crowd at everyone. I had already seen quite a few people I know from here or there.

It was then that I saw that familiar face from not so very long ago, from forever ago, from only a couple months ago.

I saw that familiar face, in uniform, just as he was the first time I met him, the only time, the only way.

Officer Erie. I ran up to him, had the kids stay put, not 10 feet from me, in the grass. I said officer Erie, I dont know if you remember me.....

I remember you, and he began to recite my OLD address. I thanked him for the way he was with me, so very nice to me. I asked if he got the card I left for him, he did.

I said to him, that is no longer my address. He said, you know, I knew you didn't deserve it, you were fine the first time I came to your house, but the magistrates orders are another thing.

I said I understand, its fine. I told him that the kids and I had moved and were doing pretty good. He said good, that was a bad situation, and ended it with enjoy the festival.

I ran back to the kids, sitting in the grass, goofing around with the free frisbees we were given, and I just took them in, and smiled.

They had aggrivated eachother most of the day, and me... but I love them so much.

Officer Erie, but another person who I was supposed to come across in my lifetime. So strange to see him again. I really didn't think he would remember me.

Before I left from him, I touched his arm, and thanked him once again.

We rode rides, and went in the craft tents... we ate. It was fun. They did some art things in an art museum tent.

Still, I will not forget seeing him. He was part of the beginning of the end, and with the end, the new beginning. Just like a circle, going round and round.

I saw Jim today, he wanted to see the kids today, so he bought them lunch, he no longer wears his wedding band, was wondering when that would come off. It is off. Hoping he saves it for Alexander. Mine is being saved to give to Lindsay.

I rode home, the kids and I, with the windows down, the wind blowing through my hair. Lindsay looked at me this morning and said mommy! Your hair is growing! You're gonna be a rock star! LOL.....it is growing, needs cutting! maybe I will let it groww, who knows...

Last edited by Pikantari; 10-13-2007 at 05:54 PM..

Old 10-13-2007, 05:38 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,768,824 times
Smile Hi...

Sounds like you had a great day, indeed You sound very relaxed and peaceful just now. I'm very thankful you have the children with you this weekend.

I'm kind of sick today and yesterday, but notice I was able to 'struggle up and over to my iMac ' to see what is happening..lol

Old 10-13-2007, 05:55 PM

Oh Robyn! I am soooo happy for you - you and the kids got to spend some quality time together and had a blast by the sounds of it! That's wonderful!

Interesting about Officer Erie - I suspect you will find things like that happening more and more often. You will undoubtedly run into people from "then" who will say things to you that will touch you in the "now" and it will be a very, very good feeling!

Old 10-13-2007, 07:48 PM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,079,684 times
Robyn, so happy you have enjoyed the day out with the kids!
May this be only just the beginning of many such memory-makers ~
you will all sleep tonight! zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 10-14-2007, 06:11 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsV View Post
Robyn, so happy you have enjoyed the day out with the kids!
May this be only just the beginning of many such memory-makers ~
you will all sleep tonight! zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
We did all sleep last night, comfy and cozy, and I am the only one up! With my coffee, Tink cup, of corse....I am all out of half and half! The HORROR!!!

I am also all out of cat food, and my cats are not starving by any means. I did not want to give them tunafish because they usually snub it, they only eat dry cat food, and look at tuna like its the plague or something, but they are eating it like crazy people or something, guess all the running up and down the stairs!

I ran into several of my church members yesterday at the festival, and went to our church booth, and yes, there is a baptism today!!!

Oh, let me tell you bout this Tink cup, dont use it very much, she is in a stance that looks like she is saying....'How ya like me NOW?!!'

Hee hee!!

There are a pair of my nice pants that i was wanting to wear today, I am thinking maybe they were thrown away? Oh well, that was then, this is now.

I am wondering who all will be at church this morning from his family. When Alexander was Baptised, his sister strolled in at the very minute he was being baptised.

Oh, forget about her, they take such wonderful pics of the kids, and everyone when they are being baptised. I have three of Alexander, one of when he is walking into the pool, then one of when he is standing in the pool with the person who baptised him, and another of when the water is coming down from him, and he is smiling, the person baptising him, looking at him.

I have them in a frame, a frame that holds 3 pics. We do total submersion. I am thinking Lindsay will be afraid...

I need to explain to her what will happen, of couse we already have. The Gideons booth tried to give us some new testaments yesterday, I told them to hold on to them for someone who needs them, we have so many of them. The lady and man there, who were running the booth, they were not gideons, LOL, but members of my church....OOOH! You go to our church! LOL...

I dont normally buy things for myself, but yesterday , I did. I love Americana things, one reason I love the way this house is, You walk into the foyer and it is a deep red, all the way upstairs and into the hall of the upstairs, then you turn left into the next room which we use as the dining area, but not really, and it is white, or off white, the next room, we use as the living room, a deep blue.

I bought some Americana art, I would suppose you call it. The man buys barn wood and paints on it, mostly primative looking American flags, with barn stars on them. The one I bought goes up and down, not left and right, and the edge of the wood is rugged, from the many years old it is. The top has a square portion painted blue with one big star, and around the color of the blue, barbed wire goes around all sides. Then, stripes of red and a creamy white go up and down. He had a hook on it for hanging keys or something, but I took that off. The end of the wood is cut at a slant. Its 26 inches long at its longest part, and about 9 inches wide. Love it!

Yes, I got the washer and dryer, and a fan, but I do want to say that this is the first thing I have bought for myself, for Chimes.

The walls here are so thick. I had troubles trying to get the nail to go into the wall, but finally I did. This is not like a new house, not even shackles, you could put nails in those walls like nobodys business.

Not here. I really love this place. Sometimes, at night , just before falling asleep, it DOES feel strange. The being alone, but it passes, as I drift away, I wake up, anew, just like all of the other days, lol, and drag myself into horrid work, but I dont have to do that again til tomorrow, so I am gonna let that drift away right now.

Those feelings, I have had them maybe about 4x. I sit here right now, and try to think of how they felt, but really , I cannot. Maybe, just maybe it is something about the night, I dont know.

Yesterday morning I sat swinging on the porch swing, just loving life. Just loving it. Lindsay peeking out the blinds at me making a silly face. Life is sweet, Life is good. My life is good.

She just came down, she hugged and kissed me and smiled at me, I love you Mommy. I smiled at her. I just reminded her, that she would go under the water, but there would be something over her nose and mouth.

Which is? she said... LOL... (little giggle here) a dry washcloth that is clean. She went on to turn on the tv, nope, you need to get in the shower! Up the stairs she went, loved the cats first.

I truly have missed alot these weekends. They drove me half way bonkers yesterday, but thats what kids do. I draw an imaginary line between them with my hand, and they know they have to stop whatever behavior it was they were doing, and they stopped. It was like magic...heehee LOL...any of you have my permission to borrow it and see if it works and report back to me on it.

Test study. It worked on mine, how bout yours?

I can see that this is a long post. I just called Alexander, and he is getting dressed. Mollie kittie is harrassing Lindsay, she is getting sidetracked from the shower. kitties have that effect... There were so many craft things about cats there yesterday...didn't need it, and the candles...OMG. Didn't need those either.

Saw that piece of Americana...didn't need it. We went through the craft tent a second time and I was drawn to it, and you know what? I never get myself anything but my medicine and bodywash and shampoo...bean burritoes, lol. I wanted it. I really like it, and I think it looks really good hanging there next to the front door.

I think every once in a while its ok to get yourself something, right?

Last edited by Pikantari; 10-14-2007 at 07:17 AM..

Old 10-14-2007, 06:13 AM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,079,684 times
ROBYN, I think we over-posted, so I'm adding on here: it is not only OK for you to occasionally buy yourself a treat/reward, it is important to do this to help keep yourself motivated and focused on improving your life in many ways...I can just imagine the pleasure you will get from seeing the flag every time you open the door. Life was not only meant to be endured, it was meant to be enjoyed...you are making your house, your home. OPRAH always recommends surrounding yourself with positive aspects of your life, like those that have a good influence on yhou and things that you love.

OK...I am stunned!! WE SOLD THE HOUSE TO THE FIRST PERSON WHO SAW IT...gave us what we were asking for...house was listed for less than I wanted, but considering the market, we got 3 MAs and listed for 10K over that...thank you, thank you, thank you all for your support & prayers (all the pm's are appreciated). Once again God has been good to us ~ next stop is to find a new place and the new owners would like to move in in 7wks ~ the things we do for $ ~ I will be on later when I come down to earth!
Robyn, wish I could sit and celebrate with a hot cup of java on your porch swing!

Last edited by MsV; 10-14-2007 at 06:24 AM..

Old 10-14-2007, 06:41 AM

Robyn - It is not only OK, but NECESSARY to treat yourself every once in awhile. It's good for you! I know I rarely bought things for myself, because there was always something else the money could be used for. One day I was at a fair/festival that sounds a lot like the one you went to, saw something and bought it...It made me feel good about me and my new home. Sometimes we just need to pamper ourselves and I think we tend to forget that.

MsV - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! (you can't see it, but I'm doing a happy dance for you <g>). Relax today and enjoy knowing the house is sold....heck, go buy a little something for yourself, just like Robyn did!

Old 10-14-2007, 11:02 AM

630 posts, read 2,227,061 times
Robyn:

You have come so far, your writings now show some peace within. I've wanted to share this with you for awhile now, but I've waited till it seemed that you have some peace.

I hope you and others find this inspiring as I have. I found this some time ago and wanted to share this with you. It is long so please bear with me and I know it comes from the Indian culture.

I don't know who the author is but I hope you and anyone who reads it finds strength in its words ...

This woman has been kind, gentle,
and has much love,
All of this has been given with
the blessing of the Great Spirit above,
But Great Spirit gave her something
else and she didn't even know,
The Great Spirit gave her
the blessing of being a Warrior Woman
and now her light is lit!

This
Warrior Woman has come
fully alive today,
She is no longer anyone's slave or prey,
She is taking back her life today,
And those who know who she truly is,
they can stay.

No longer will she live the lives of others,
She will give back the blames and responsibilities of others
to where it belongs,
For she also has the bear and wolf inside her,
Which are now so very powerful and uniquely strong.

The Warrior Woman now knows what road she must follow,
For others it will be to hard to swallow,
Her life was taken from her unknowingly so many years ago

And this
Warrior Woman is taking back her life before the next winds blows.

Oh Sister Moon you give me the strength,
As a
Warrior Woman to conquer what's on my path,
High above and way beneath,
And the much needed strength to take on the wrath.

This Warrior Woman is fully awakened and is taking a stand,
Taking the problems by the horns with my hand,
I will conquer all that is there,

and all who comes as they may dare.

Warrior Woman has fully awakened,
And many will see that they have mistaken,
Of robbing her of her life, they as a thief,
Warrior Woman will conquer! And have no grief!

This
Warrior Woman will protect her people, her sons and daughters,
and those who need her,
If anyone hurts them, look out!
They will hear a GGGGGGRRRRRRRRR,

As they run and shout!

This Warrior Woman is taking back her life,
Taking back the respect that was taken from her
throughout those years ever so slow,
This
Warrior Woman is removing pain and hurt from within the heart
caused by a knife,
From all those who are both family and foe.

I am claiming what's mine, and my dignity,
From those who live in this society of vanity,
I am claiming back in full my heritage,
And as a Warrior Woman I am going to clean up

many years of carnage.

For now standing in front of you,
You see this Warrior Woman, you see me,
Someone special has taught me to be free,
From this day forward for me no more slavery,
Gentleness, kindness, and love is part of me, and so is my dignity,
This is NOT WEAKNESS, as others believe,
But this Strength is within me and you.

I will listen to the spirits and grow,
will travel in the whispering winds as they blow,
All the work I know I do will be for Our People and all nations,

I will protect and guide the future generations.

Now it is time for me to travel on my new path,
As a Warrior Woman conquering all wrath,
If you ever see and want to meet me,
Please come, and I will also teach and share with you how to be free.

Robyn I wish you peace and happiness as you and your family move forward on your new path in life. I know that you will overcome all that is put in front of you. Be good to yourself and your children will follow suit.

Best Wishes

Last edited by MagicTouch; 10-14-2007 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: grammer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships